Aussie referee told Iraqi captain where to go!

Discussion in 'Asian Cup 2007' started by Aussie Power, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Aussie Power

Aussie Power Red Card

Jul 28, 2007
    In his blog, Australian TV commentator Simon Hill tells how the Australian referee Mark Shields, who was officiating the Asian Cup final, was taking none of the Iraqi's captain's crap:

:):):)

Good onya Mark! Its good to see us Aussies telling cheats like Iraq where to go!

2. AverageWhiteMale

AverageWhiteMale New Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Australia
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Shield = LEGEND.

See its not just Aussies that try to intimidate the ref.....now for the compulsory Asian Cup 2007 forum response....

IRAQ SHOULD GET WARNING FROM AFC!!!!!

3. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Kewell was diver in this AC. So do you say Australia are cheats?
    I already read Aussie delusion like Gelleo's talk "Iraq danced like kangaroo after they scored in Iraq-Aussi game".
    Also like someone said , is this Aussie football media extreemly exaggerating(or fabricating) in order to get people's attention? It is very dubious stroy. Why just yellow card(not red) make him threaten so much during the game? I don't believe this story.

4. AverageWhiteMale

Jan 11, 2007
    Australia
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    What are you on about? The ref told Simon Hill (An english commentator, therefore he has no real allegience to Australia) that when he booked him for diving he threatend to walk off so Shield told him to go. I seriously doubt an AFC ref is going to lie.

Because repeated diving warrants a yellow card. Shield showed how to stamp authority on a game by laughing off the threats made. He didn't need to resort to red cards just because the player in question was angry. He knew that the player didn't want to go off so it was an idle threat. By telling him he can go off, Shield showed that he has no real reason to keep him on the pitch and if he plays up again he will be sent off.

5. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    I don't think Shield's officiating was "PERFECT".

Younis mahmoud rolled around and so he GOT A DESERved yellow card. And i don't think that the Saudi player should have also gotten a yellow card too at that time.
    It just shows that Mahmoud succeded in what he was trying to do and that was to harm the Saudi's.

And also as one Saudi member and korean/iranian member suggested that Saudi's were denied a penalty kick and also how the iraqi players were playing rough during the finals.

6. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Hill
    "On 29 July 2006 he joined Fox Sports as its main commentator for A-League as well as Fox Sports's weekly football show called Total Football."
    I think He is a member of Aussie football media.

7. AverageWhiteMale

Jan 11, 2007
    Australia
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yes he works for fox sports but he has no reason to 'big up' australia. He is usually the 'straight man' during the matches and in the past he hasn't been afraid to criticise aussie/Kewell diving so I dont think he is so biased for Australia that he would make up a story.

8. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I am not pointing he works in Fox Sports, but He is a main commentator for A-League(Aussie League, right?).
    Also in his blog,
    I think at least he tends to exaggerate.

9. tpg1

tpg1 New Member

May 31, 2007
    i agree that saudi player shouldnt have got a yellow card, only the iraqi captain should have. but had it been one of the other refs at the tournament instead of Shield, i wouldn't have been suprised if the saudi guy had of been red carded :D. although australia was a terrible at its first asian cup at least the AFC got a good ref. its hard for refs to be perfect but its easy for them to be shite! i think iraq played competitively not roughly. this is how most teams around the world play, but in asia the style of play seems to be alot softer, which i why australia are having a hard time. i think Oz would do well if Shield ref-ed all our future games ;)

yes kewell dived. i dont condone it but in that game it seemed like the only way that ref was going to give us a free kick was to dive. had he faked injury to try to get an opponent(s) sent off like certain other strikers at the asian cup i would call him a cheat. thanks for your ramble about the ozzy media but you dont know WTF you are talking about. our team/coach was put down for performing below expectations, while the better performing asian teams japan/korea/saudi/iraq received praised where it was reserved. iraq made the news headlines for winning the cup, not for doing a kangaroo dance. also its grella not gelleo. its only HIS opinion. he played like sh*t anyway.

10. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    When did Japanese players punch the Aussie player face? Or did Japanese players constantly do dangerous play in this AC like Aussie player did?
    And kewell(and fews) was diving not only in Japan game, but througout AC.

11. tpg1

tpg1 New Member

May 31, 2007
    punch? i think you got your words confused. go ask your Nova teacher for the right one. i already said kewell dives... dont you ever watch the premier league?? some players will do whateva it takes to get an advantage in the game, he and takahara are very similar in that way. but its not the norm for oz players. and stop exaggerating. your sounding like the the australian media.

12. Midorit

Midorit Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Tokyo
    OK,that's it.

Australia 1 - 0 Japan

Can we move on?

13. Sharkie

Sharkie Member

Feb 7, 2006
    UK and Arabia
    Mark Shields did an adequate job in the final it was in no way perfect, and no telling Younis to f off is normal BS that gos on between players and refs all the time so is in no way a measuring scale for excellence, I for one thought the ref that officiated the Japan vs SA was better.

14. korean_soccer123

korean_soccer123 New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    IRAQ WON THE CUP, JUST CONGRATOULATE THEM, WE DONT NEED THIS CRAP.

damn aussies are generally cool, but the one on these boards are pissing me off

15. Homotachi

Homotachi New Member

Jul 29, 2007
    USA
    AUSSIES fight like RUGBY. There is only gentlemen needed in SOCCER. Maybe if the AUSSIES played like OMANIS or JAPANESE there will be the no FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT every time. Every AUSTRALIAN soccer game is like the BOXING. In the WC AUSTRALIA had the most FOULS. They must play with HONOR so to get RESPECT.

So AUSSIES go to AUSTRALIA and learn some MANNERS and then come and say "YES we are ready to play SOCCER now."

16. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    listen Aussie Power "SOREA LOSER"...
    Younis Mahmoud did simulated... but that doesn't means Iraq cheaters
    Kewell is the worst Diver in the Asian Cup he dove against Oman, Iraq and Japan
    so is that means Australia is cheaters?

btw... Younis Mahmoud is sux in english... he doesn't know how to speak one right Sentence

1. the Saudi Player did head Butt Younis Mahmoud but it wasn't that Big... so Younis shouldn't exaggerate.

2. Saudi's were denied a penalty kick also Iraq were denied a penalty kick.

3. Iraqi players were playing rough during the finals and Saudis players were playing rough during the finals.

4. No mention Yassir Al-Qahtani should sent off twice for spitting on Ali Rehema and Jassim Gholam faces.

17. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005

Are u sure? I could upload the video you know.:cool:

The iraqi's started fouling in the 30th second itself of the first half. I could upload that too. :cool:

And yes, i won't say the Aussie ref did a great job during the final.

18. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    yeah I'm sure... the Saudi Player did touch Younis... the Saudi Player shouldn't and I think you are agree with me... but Younis Mahmoud shouldn't exaggerate either.

"The iraqi's started fouling in the 30th second itself of the first half. I could upload that too."

what is this? I didn't disagreed that Iraqis fouled Saudis... but also Saudis Fouled Iraqis
    In Fact Malik Maaz should take Yellow card for fouling Hawar without the Ball, and Al-Qahtani a Red Card for spiting in the face TWICE

Me too... but hey... who cares.. this Cup is over ;)

19. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Well i have video where the commentators say "there was no movement from the Saudi player" meaning there was no contact between mahmoud and the Saudi defender. :)

20. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Do I really have to answer this? :confused:
    I saw the match and the replay on Dubai and Al-Jazeera Channels, and I heard different point of views on the incident... commentators are human....they do mistakes

I saw the full match on JSC... there was a contact.

21. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Alright i'll upload it. Let the big soccer community decide.:)

22. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I thought the whole world watched it. :)
    As I said before Younis Mahmoud shouldn't exaggerate
    but the Saudi Player shouldn't do whatever he did... we aren't in school match.

and btw... by saying big soccer community you mean the sore lsoers? because this place is full of them.

23. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Waleed Abdurubh did touch Younis's head, it was really nothing, it was kind of like warning him or something, but both of them do deserve a yellow card. What everyone somehow did not see was how the referee was blind the entire game. What about Nashat's stomp on Yaser's leg? That was crazy, that would be a red card in Europe or Asia. Or when #15 poked Yaser AlQahtani's eye, then after a few seconds without any movement from Yaser to #15 he fell down and began grassrolling. Mussav mentioned the two spits from Yaser, but the fact is you didn't see any spit from Yaser's mouth, and the reaction from #3 wasn't that huge, if he had gotten some spit he would have placed his hand, objected, or maybe begin a fight. Even if he spat after he got poked, there was also no movement from Yaser, it didn't seem as there was a spat. And about Iraq's penalty, it is true, but it was a foul before. It was hilarious, just proved how stupid the referee is, ball with Khaled Aziz, Nashat comes from behind and takes the ball, Aziz falls. At this moment the referee has the whistle near to his mouth, then when Nashat had full control of the ball, and going towards the penalty area he removed the whistle and with his hands ordered the game to continue? What the hell, how could he continue the game for Nashat when he was in no danger of getting fouled? It was another obvious foul for Saudi Arabia, what about #3 when his fingers slapped Ahmed AlBahri's left eye, he didn't even count a foul. Or when Abdulrahman Alqahtani was going towards the penalty area, then Nashat bends and with his butt he hits Abulrahman in the stomach, Abdulrahman falls down, and Nashat falls on top of him. Nothing, this referee sucked, and the weird thing he had games before and was rather good, guess the pressure of the final got him. And now Aussies are bragging how this referee is good, lol. :rolleyes: BTW Don't tell me that Iraq was playing rough and the Saudis are fragile or something...

24. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005

Like i said this Aussie ref was nowhere perfect like the Aussies claim.

25. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    my freind Yassir did spits on Ali Rehema face... you can watch it again on Al-Kass channel extra cameras (even Salih AlDawood and Al-Dubaikhi were angry from it)... and the referee did nothing.. and Yassir Al-Qahtani was smart to act like nothing going on...

again my friend Yassir did spits on Gholam face... you can watch it again on Al-Kass channel extra camera... but Gholam didnt act, placed his hand, objected, or maybe begin a fight because the refree didnt do anything for the previous incident with Rehema

---------------------

I'm not defending Iraqi fouls because I admit we did fouled Saudis
    But I commented on the spit because it happened

Also you didn’t mention Malik Maaz fouled Hawar without the Ball