Augsburg vs Dortmund CL Matchday 18

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by eaglespark, Jan 18, 2020.

1. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    On the positive side, it may be just 1 (half) game but I was really impressed with Haaland. What a start!! Not just the results, but the attitude and mindset on the field. Now if we could only keep this flux incoming talent...

2. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    You need to lay off the sarcasm machine ... it's taxing. To constantly have to deal with the negativity on here. It's the reason I refrain from engaging in conversation here, because people are more intent on dragging things out into an absurd argument than having a productive discussion. At the end of the day, if u can't realise that people have opinions, however hypothetical they may be, and are entitled to them, then why share yours ?

You need to meditate or something man, you're a bit of a toxic drag ... no offense. It's tiring.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  3. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #28 Scheherazade, Jan 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    Of course we deserve it, everyone deserves success. Klopp deserved to win Champs League with us, he deserves 150m to spend on top GKs and CBs like Allison and VVD instead of losing his best players to Bayern, BVB deserved more loyalty from Gotze, Hummels, Lewandowski, Gundogan. Thing is we don't always get what we deserve in life, you can dominate 90 minutes and lose to a fluke goal. You would get that if you spent any amount of time following a lower league club through ups and downs, the fans are way less toxic and more supportive, they deserve success more than top club Erfolgsfans who are dissatisfied if they don't win the league.

Pochettino wants a job in Spain or England. Rose and Nagelsmann are unobtainable in the next six months, I hope you can come to terms with that.

4. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    For the rest of this season, it may be better to assign the role of motivating players to someone else in the org. Favre can't do it.

5. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Also.. we got to stop with the fixation on what looks like tiki taka buildup play. It's actually very boring and predictable. I'm the biggest fan of beautiful attractive football, but when you're predictable, it's no longer fun to watch, and it makes the team weak and easy to press.

It feels like defenders are instructed to not do the long pass and attackers to not make the runs for them. They did that for most of the 1st half, and then suddenly when our back was against the wall we started playing them more often, like Hummels' pass to Sancho for his goal.

Let the players express themselves with all the tricks in their bags if it'll help you win! Long pass, tiki taka, dribbles. The players have all these tricks in their bags.

Also, nice to see Witsel look to make the forward or long pass more often!

6. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I think this motivation thing and coaching should be one person. Watching other coaches embracing their players after the game like they really mean it (Klopp, Tuchel and others) is a gesture which tells about feelings. Those feelings, on the personal level are important for players.

When it comes to trainers available when the season is over, I presume the situation will be more less the same as it is now, most of those we would like are under contract.
    If there are two I think would fit us, it must be Rose or Wagner. Especially the latter, what he has done with Schalke is remarkable. But probably neither of them are interested to break up their contracts, and as somebody else already said, we’ll end up with another mid-table coach. Instead of going for them last summer, we extended with Favre.