Augsburg vs Dortmund CL Matchday 18

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by eaglespark, Jan 18, 2020.

1. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Typical Favre playing defensive football with one of the best squads in Europe. 1-0 down. Haaland on the bench.

2. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Dont blame Favre, blame the FO who didnt do shit to change this horrible season

3. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    The question is will they sack him iin the next few games, if he fails (which is plausible) and why didnt they hire someone in winter brake who would have a whole month to work with a team and correct some things..
    The blind man can see that this isnt working anymore, Favre isnt "that guy", the team plays horrible, our defence doesnt exist in some situations, we look like some youth unexperienced team.

4. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Shitshow continues, 2-0 affer barely 20 secs into 2nd half

5. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If Dortmund players tank enough, they can get Favre fired like Bayern's players did with Kovac

6. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Pathetic from the management to keep this Favre in a job for far so long. Unforgivable to keep him going into the winter break.

Great goal from Brandt, but it is just the immense talent of the squad. We must sack him today no matter the result. It's the only way to save the season.

7. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    If we loose today, it’ll be only 1 point from the last 3 games, instead of 9, after developing in the first two.
    Saw the game yesterday, Schalke played really well, and despite our individual quality is superior in every position, they played with pace and work rate that it was really enjoyable to watch.
    Interesting comment when S did win in Leipzig, the commentator said: the easiest way you can make a mediocre team good is to hire a good coach ...

8. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    What a bunch of talents in the squad and what a coach on the bench.. OMG i wanna cry

9. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Reus finishing is so poor, his weakist link definitely, that simple chances, he just can score that and than he scores some volley that you dont except to score..

10. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Hope this was Piszczek’s last start in BVB. He must be 5th choice as CB and 3rd as RB

11. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Is Reus ok? What is wrong with him?

Raumdeuter repped this.
  12. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    The quality of the squad, which is as good as any in Europe got us out of this. We still need to sack Favre. Haaland looks very good and not just because of the goals.

13. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Haaland hat trick

Favre lives to fight another day

14. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    If the Favre is in any other team in the top 15 in Europe, he would survire winter, no chance.. He has "9 lives", because this is Dortmund, anywhere else he would be sacked and not saved by individuals on the pitch. As i said, Favre amazingly reminds me od Valverde, he is not a bad coach, buy he is not on that level to coach that kind of team

15. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Next 2 games Koln and Union both at home, everything except 6 points is a fail

16. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    However epic game it was yesterday (watching with Norwegian commentator who was in ecstasy), you can’t hide the fact that our defense is bad. Both Piszczek and Akanji have been bad for a long period, and in addition Hakimi was bad too. He didn’t trace back on 1st and especially on 3rd goal. On 2nd the player went forward unpressed (Guerreiro?).
    So the combination with leaking defense and not converting our chances (Reus) is only a repetition from Rückrunde

17. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Even tho we managed to get 3 points the performance was dreadful, we shouldda killed the game in first 8 mins. Defence is an absolute joke, akanji was terrible not just yesterday but for most of the season, the amount of balls he gave away yesterday was shocking. But what annoys me most is the attitude the team goes on with on the pitch, like its just another friendly match, a training, a warmup. Then they start taking it seriously when their ass is on fire, cant remember i watched a bvb game where i could just sit back and watch without stressing over the score. U need to respect ur apponents no matter where in the table they sit and history has shown over and over that even the underdogs can beat champions on an off day, so no team should ever go out there expecting an easy game, but lately we do that almost every game. Suppose u can blame it on LF as well, he needs to fire up the team

astrophyz and Alex C repped this.
  18. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Everything you are talking about is Favre's job, to motivate, to discipline, mentality, tactics, that is all about, players are not training thereselves..
    Just imagine if we have Pep or Klopp, do you think that this team would perform like this every match, that inconsistency.. I dont think so

astrophyz repped this.
  19. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Just imagine if every football club and national team had a Pep or Klopp, from Dortmund Hertha Leipzig Paderborn to Leeds Eibar Cagliari. They should clone Pep and Klopp. Oh yeah you gotta also imagine every club has a spare few hundered millions to so they could hire Pep and Klopp clones.

20. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    You didnt get my point, i want to say that thallt all is Favres job and he is doing it very poor. Motivational, tactital, very very bad, it cant be worse than this..

Alex C repped this.
  21. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So you think Favre is the absolute best coach BVB could have?

22. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Seriously, you got to stop with the straw mans and other fallacies. We say Favre is bad and needs to go and you ramble reply with millions of dollars spend to bring in Pep and Kloppo!! Enough with the trolling crazy talk please.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  23. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #23 Scheherazade, Jan 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    Obviously not, how does thinking Klopp and Pep are pipedreams mean Favre is the best?! I also don't think Akanji is the best CB we could have but I'm not going on hypothetical "Just imagine if we have Van Dijk or prime Maldini, do you think that this team would perform like this every match, that inconsistency.. I dont think so" spiels.

Ironic. Seriously, you got to stop with hypotheticals imagining Klopp or Pep in charge because it is a lazy line of troll reasoning. Redcafe users ramble on about "Imagine if we signed Klopp, Imagine if we signed Sancho last season, Imagine if we got Haaland" which is pathetic. If you are a BVB fan who laughs at that delusion, surely you realize how delusional "Imagine if we have Pep or Klopp" sounds. Favre is bad, list realistic options that are available in summer (who could end up working out or not) instead of some black or white nirvana fallacy, where any coach who falls short of being a perfect solution (aka Pep or Klopp level) is a failure.

BVB had Klopp and it wasn't all smooth sailing because BVB had and still has more financial limitations than Liverpool and Man City like the fifty plus one rule

24. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Ok, do you remember Stoger, Bosz and that clowns? Favre is not better...
    Thats the whole point, we just cant find a right coach, maybe we wont have a coach like Klopp in another 50 years, but i sure hope we can have someone like Pochettino, Nagelsmann, Rose that kind of trainer quality.
    We definitely deserve that..

25. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The point was/is with a decent coach we'd would be top of the league with a fair margin, we don't even need to imagine a great coach... Favre is not a failure because he's not on Kloppo's level, he's a failure because he keeps failing with an exceptional group of players.

Favre is a chain that is holding us back, we need him gone for everyone's sake. The sooner the better. My preference would be for a young coach on the rise not an old establish coach. He'd have a real chance on changing our season and establish himself or worse case be on par with what we'll have with Favre. The time to do the change was at the winter break and that window was missed and the FO is to blame for that and are accountable as much as Favre..