Aug 26 - Islanders vs Portland [R]

Discussion in 'Portland Timbers' started by BoriQa, Aug 26, 2007.

1. DaveH

DaveH Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Unless you're being purposely dense you should understand that THAT logo under your name means you represent both the team and it's supporters wherever you post. You don't think a number of people on the USL boards have a negative impression of the TA due to the number of senseless, pointless pissing contests we engage in with the Sounders?

Intru made a couple nice posts on our board. I've known Mighty Mouse/Felix since PR's first year in the league and he's been nothing but great to anyone who's bothered to mention the Islanders. Ask Alison about how great a time she had there. You really think it's Intru and Boricua who are coming off as the classless ones in this little confrontation G4L managed to concoct from nothing?

I'll continue to call it like I see it as long as I remember this site exists. A little grace in defeat would be nice.

2. Gooner_for_Life

Oct 26, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, i go away for a bit and you people are still going on about this? As long as people come into this board and post comments that i feel are inflammatory they will get the same response that BoriQa got. End of.

As for you DaveH i dont ever see why you got involved in the first place. As well dont chastise me like a little kid while trying to come off all high and mighty. I doubt you could stand in front of god and honestly say that you have acted graciously every time a team you have supported has lost or perhaps one you have played on. :rolleyes: Get over yourself.

3. DemonJuice

DemonJuice Member

Portland Timbers
    United States
    Aug 21, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I believe Gooner started this "non-inflammatory" age discussion by calling DaveH an "old man," but that can't be right as everything Gooner says is mature and respectful, right? :rolleyes:

4. Allison A

Allison A New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Come on everybody, this is a bit silly. Both teams have alot to be proud of and both have turned their home stadiums into fortresses and have great support. I have been to both stadiums and they are by far the best atmospheres in the league. Nobody else generates the buzz during the games like you have in Portland and Bayamon. Nobody else even comes close.

DaveH is right, the Puerto Rico fans treated me very well. In fact, there was a small group that actually greeted me at the gate. Both cities fans have alot of passion for their teams and this petty arguing is just stupid.

And all Puerto Rico fans are always welcome over on the talktimbers board.

5. BoriQa

BoriQa New Member

May 26, 2007
    Ajax, Canada
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Thanks.