Auf geht's, Jungs: German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. V

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Great to see, just mentioned him in Euro 2024 thread and now see this.

05 GK Podlech basically signs pro contract at Schalke. Has best chance from GK at Schalke to breakthrough and become #1 there. Hope it happens. Kid is a giant at 1.98m tall.

S04 also binds goalkeeper Podlech in the long term
    U19 goalkeeper Luca Podlech has extended his contract with FC Schalke 04 until June 30, 2025.

Born in Gelsenkirchen, he has been playing for the youth teams of the Royal Blues since 2016.

“Luca is not only one of the greatest goalkeeper talents in Germany,
    but is also a Schalke player through and through. Anyone who knows him knows that he lives for Schalke,” says Mathias Schober, Director Knappenschmiede & Development. "It's all the nicer to continue to support and encourage him in the Knappenschmiede on his way to senior football. We are convinced that Luca will take further important career steps under his head coach Norbert Elgert and goalkeeping coach Volkan Ünlü."

Last year, Podlech celebrated the German championship with the U17 juniors. The 17-year-old is currently guarding the Schalke U19 goal. Podlech has also worked for the junior national teams of the DFB (U16-U18).

The talents Assan Ouédraogo and Taylan Bulut had recently signed long-term contracts at Schalke.

Alex C repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I do believe that GKs will get better from 00-onwards the trend is clear as more are making themselves #1 or banging on door faster than 93-99 ever did. From 93-99 we barely saw any real progress.

and I think good chance we shall see more 00-onwards breakthrough higher.

some 1BL clubs gonna have opening soon aka Gladbach or Freiburg once Flekken bails and others give it 2-3 years and shall be openings.

I do think those outside Germany going to non-1BL top 4 league is not bad thing too. Leave room for those in Germany to breakthrough.

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    03 RB Kraft update
    VERDICT IN THE DOPING TRIAL AGAINST KEANU KRAFT
    The sports court of the Regionalliga Südwest has suspended U23 player Keanu Kraft until February 2, 2023 for violating the anti-doping regulations of NADA and the DFB.

After the Mainz U23s' home game against Bahlinger SC in August, the 19-year-old tested positive for a banned substance. The Regionalliga Südwest therefore initiated proceedings against Kraft.
    https://www.mainz05.de/news/urteil-im-doping-verfahren-gegen-keanu-kraft/

real question is whether Mainz will forgive him or not. As he's a 1st team prospect who has been with 1st team in past 2 seasons for any friendlies-preseason.

hope they give him a last chance. Would be shame to waste a promising RB talent.

4. Soccer93

Soccer93 Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jun 14, 2021
    If we end up like France I could care less about this team going forward. I wanna see Germans play.

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #18855 Ger90, Dec 7, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
    I already told you pretty good chunk of German duals have 1 German parent. That's not the case for France or England.

but playing for Germany or any country isn't about what you look like but paperwork. If you have German passport your German.

and already gave the Thiaw example who sees himself as German even with 0 German parentage. Who are you or anyone to decide who feel what?

you want to see Germans play.........they are all Germans. Yes even guys with German father or German mothers or children of immigrants.

not sure why so many here seem to hate anyone who isn't full German. That's nonsense, when vast majority of our most talented are all duals. So basically you want the team to continue to bomb because you want to ignore duals. Germany is one of top destination in world for immigration, of course we'll have tons of duals.

sure duals are annoying and tiresome but its something everyone is dealing with.

only duals I'm against are ones like Cacau, he's not German but naturalized adult. Came to Germany as adult and got his passport after staying long enough.

I don't really give a shit what anyone's heritage or what they look like. Just be proud to wear that shirt and fight to last second is all I care about.

this forum is becoming like Wanner is purposefully using Austria=******** all duals, I don't want any in my team reactions. Don't judge every dual based on 1 person. Every case is different.

and if your not gonna follow team unless its "Germans" then your better off dropping team now because that's future of NT. Already Senior NT was 11/26 duals, that # will only increase not decrease.

Alex C repped this.
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    to me its nonesense that people don't see kids who are born and lived whole life in a country as being from that country.

They are Germans of X descent that is right way to look at them.

Sami Khedira is a dual with German mother. Who seems to have no real ties to Tunisia outside of family. He sees himself as German too.None can say otherwise.

sure you'll get some opportunists but that's case for all NTs.

ones that piss me off are the Tillman, who basically lied publicly about how proud he is to play for Germany and how he wants to continue playing for team only to bail for USA Senior NT at 1st chance

Wanner at least don't think ever made any comments. So its not as shitty of a situation. Just being petty.

Alex C repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    one last thing, you should be careful, mods have already warned people that questioning someone is or isn't German=racist and won't be tolerated.

8. Soccer93

Soccer93 Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jun 14, 2021
    I don’t mind having non ethnic Germans but when only 3-4 players are ethnics (like France) it stops becoming a German team for me. It’s funny because France was accused of having quotas on French players because things were so bad.

Obviously things are not nearly as bad in Germany and like you said a lot of our duals have at least 1 German parent. I’d be lying to you if I said I didn’t root for guys like Wirtz,Netz, Wanner, Raebiger and Bischoff to make it over others.

9. Soccer93

Soccer93 Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jun 14, 2021

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -02 M Schneider of Union Berlin moving to RL. Should have moved there in Summer, seriously Union is such a bad club for youth

-LOL, Bremen see Mbom as a M, no more RB crap.
    Fritz: "Mbom is scheduled at headquarters"
    But where is Mbom actually planned at Werder? In the previous season in the 2nd division, the trained midfielder was used primarily on the right flank, in front of the back three, at least under coach Ole Werner. But this position has now been firmly assigned to Mitchell Weiser, behind him Felix Agu also insists on match practice.

In this respect, Fritz refers to Mbom's flexibility, "which is very good for us in the squad", but basically he is "already planned in the headquarters - as a six or eight," said the 42-year-old. This means that three positions in the Bremen team would primarily come into question for him, even if the competition there is not significantly less. First of all, for the long-term injured, it's about getting completely fit anyway.
    https://www.kicker.de/comeback-und-position-der-plan-mit-mbom-928767/artikel

-official, 04 CB Gechter goes on Winter loan to 2BL EB. Lets hope back to 1BL in Summer

from Hertha
    Linus Gechter is playing for Eintracht Braunschweig with immediate effect. Both clubs agreed on a loan with no option to buy for the remainder of the 2022/23 season. Born in Berlin, he goes straight into training with the Lower Saxony with a special permit. "Linus is a top talent with us, on whom we rely and who we want to promote in the best possible way in the spirit of Hertha BSC. At the age of 18, he has already proven what potential he has," emphasizes Fredi Bobic and clarifies the intention of the transfer. "With this loan we want to enable him to develop through playing time in the second division and to take the next step. That's the most important thing at that age. We look forward to seeing him again in the summer.”

from EB
    "In Linus we were able to sign a player who can act both as a central defender and as a defensive midfielder. With his qualities, we trust him with corresponding seasons in the 2nd Bundesliga. We are pleased that we were able to convince him of the task. He will help to achieve our goal of staying up in the league until the summer,” says Peter Vollmann, sporting director at Eintracht Braunschweig, about the new signing from the capital.

Linus Gechter adds: "I'm really looking forward to my time with Eintracht and I want to help ensure that we can celebrate relegation together with the fans at the end of the season. It's important for me to gain valuable match practice and thus experience at a high level, and the loan to Braunschweig is ideal for that."

11. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I get what you are saying, but bear in mind some of us on here are German duals. You can be a dual and still feel just as much pride/attachment to your German roots as non duals. Personally for me I judge on mindset above all else, not ethnicity or whatever. I prefer guys that are 100% committed to playing for Germany as for many of us that would be the ultimate dream.

Anyway seems Chelsea are sniffing around Moukoko. I hope Dortmund tie him to a new contract asap, best place for him right now imo.

Ger90 repped this.
  12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    one has to realize that this is a competitive sport with a huge field and tons of back and forth. You do need duals to mix your game.

for example any really really think Germany wins WC14 if we didn't have Boateng's atheleticism/physique/speed???

he added massively important element to our game that NO full German would have given you.

another example when one notices good chunk of the players with flair, dribbling etc tend to be the duals not the full Germans. So again you can't ignore reality that the NT needs them.

Alex C repped this.
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

so stupid goes on 2BL loan as bencher only for likely Schalke to go down to 2BL next season so will still be in 2BL, LOL.

14. Soccer93

Soccer93 Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jun 14, 2021

I mean Germany won 3/4 of their World Cups had pretty much no duals.

And yes Boateng was phenomenal in 2014 (I still don’t think he gets the credit he deserves)

Im just saying when the squad names sound less and less German I lose interest. I don’t know how most Germans feel but I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t care. But this goes with the whole pride thing and why people like Ragnick have no issues stealing players from his country.

15. Soccer93

Soccer93 Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jun 14, 2021
    I mean in a half German from Canada. My Opa got me into the team when I was a kid and I’ve always rooted for them since.

But I’m not going to be unauthentic. If most of the players don’t look German or have German sounding names it will be hard for me to have a connection to the team.

Alex C repped this.
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it makes 0 sense to bring up WCs from like 1954-1990 when talking about present. Germany was also divided in 2 back then too.

2014 WC=Khedira, Boateng, Klose, Ozil=were all XIs So let's not pretend it's anything new. Khedira, Boa, Klose=1 German parent and then Ozil was 3rd Generation German-Turk. Its same for Gundogan his family are 3rd generation, they came in time of grandparents to Germany.

Rangnick is just a petty dipshit because dfb didn't want to give him the job post Low. You really think Austria is his 1st choice????

Kuntz was super pissed according to all reports about fact that he was never even seriously considered for Senior NT job.

Alex C repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    NTs have nothing to do with surnames. Anyone who has a German mother and foreign father won't have German surname. So its all moot.

so all the African descent like Musiala, Gnabry, Sane, Rudiger, Kehrer, Tah etc shouldn't be allowed to play for Germany because they don't look German???? They all have 1 German parent.

the name-surname fixation is dumb as shit let's be honest.

its not up to you or me to decide how anyone feels. If someone is born and lived their whole lives in Germany how are they not Germans?

what are you gonna do ban players based on ethnicity and looks? When the requirements are being German eligible.

even dfb isn't that racist, all they care about is players who IDENTIFY with team and WILL FIGHT FOR THE SHIRT. That's It.

you come from Canada a multi-ethnic country but seem pissed that Germany is one of top destination in world for immigration has too many duals......uh.

Alex C repped this.
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    anyways, enough for this topic and back and forth. This is reason I created the dual/triple thread. As everytime topic became about duals, it hijacked entire thread and every update/news gets lost in between.

like how do some posters always come and posts when topic is dual X or Y but for everything else 0 interest. Always curious about that.

this is youth thread, so shit ton of players are gonna be duals and huge chunk will end up poached too. If you can't bare that than don't post in here and go to the other thread.

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Alex C repped this.
  20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I find it hard to gauge who is rated at clubs like FCN.
    Illic and Uzun are nothing new. Berschneider is new for me.

who clubs seems to like from what I've seen
    01-Reichert
    03-Brown, Breunig, Vonic, Nischalke
    04-Jahn, Illic, Berschneider
    05-Uzun, Fuchs

I'm curious about Muteba looks pretty raw, Sanchez, Wahling, Loune from II.

Alex C repped this.
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    new name
    -Berschneider a 1st prospect at FCN.

speaking of this Voigt was one of most used kids during RB Leipzig friendlies this month along with Ba, Ihendu, Kohl.

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Club Friendlies
    -Mainz beat Mallorca B, 3-1, youth involved in 3/3 goals
    XI=Laux (full 90), Tauer (full 90)
    2nd half aka full 45 min=Riess, Shabani (assist), Mamutovic (goal), Bozbien (assist), Gruda (goal on his debut)

as mentioned before likes of Schulz+Weiper busy with school
    its very very good to see Bobzien+Gruda showing productvity. I really would like to see both breakthrough 1st team. Mamutovic is a waste of time, wish club would focus on Kaygin-Bierschenk instead.

-Hertha won 1-0 vs 2BL EB
    Hertha XI=Ernst, Dardai, Scherhant
    Subs=Eitschberger (46 min), Kiala (8 min)

I think Ernst gonna cement his bench status, 3 matches=2/3 clean sheets. Also did well vs 2 2BL clubs in H96 and now EB. From what I gather its said he did pretty well today. Let's hope he breakthrough and becomes Hertha #1 in future. With Gechter gone on loan, I think 04 CB Kiala is now his replacement in squad.

EB XI=Ibrahimi
    Subs=Kischka, 03 M Renner, 04 M Zouaoui, 05 M Root

-Bochum had in squad Oermann, Osterhage, 04 M Pannewig, 05 M Nana and 04 CF Berisha

-3rd Liga Osnabruck beat some RL 1-0
    Goal by 05 W Witehaup same player who is linked to tons of 1BL clubs. I think if he's smart sign pro contract at Osnabruck. 1BL will dump you to U19-II, what's point? Better a 3rd Liga starting point.

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    according to kicker 04 W Gruda had 3 good chances besides his goal and also
    The U-19 player will train with the first team from January.

Alex C repped this.
  24. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Podlech = the future German Donnarumma lol.

Talking of Schalke, I will be interested to see what happens with Krauss. He’s been good this season but the if Schalke go down they won’t activate the buyout clause. I guess he’ll still be sold or is there a chance of Leipzig integrating him? I mean they’ve made noises about using their own youth more, but not sure whether to believe that will actually happen.

Ger90 repped this.
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Players like that are more likely to excel in PKs, LOL. If he guesses righly chances are will save. Has been likened to Neuer for years and a lot think could be next Schalke GK after Neuer, Nubel, Fahrmann, etc.

if Schalke go down they actually can't because he has a relegation clause. So if they go down he goes back to Leipzig by default. As for Leipizg that they are willing to sell him to Schalke if no relegation and that's Schalke plan if they survive then don't think has any prospects with Leipzig.

for now youth with best chances are Ba and Ihendu at Leipzig. Both got high praise by Rose. One thing I'm liking about Rose as Leipzig coach is how he talks about youth individually and what they need to improve on publicly most coaches avoid talking about specific youth nevermind in depth, LOL. On Ihendu, Rose implied that could be more with pros down the line. Its wait and see. But cofirmation that some will train regularly with pros.

Rose: "The leap is big, but we're trying to support them"
    Rose announced that he would also take "one or the other" to the training camp in Abu Dhabi in early January and get them to train regularly. "They can now draw attention to themselves, show themselves and then go back down to their teams and put everything they could on the pitch," said Rose. "The leap is big, but we're trying to support them."

Alex C repped this.