Auf geht's, Jungs: German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. V

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't give a shit about how much money players cost but it's in the news so....

AFTER ZOFF & CHEAP CHANGE FROM COLOGNE
    Mega talent Wirtz already worth 10 million!
    After cheap change from Cologne: Mega-Talent Wirtz already worth 10 million!

"Florian Wirtz's loss to Bayer Leverkusen was one of our biggest losses of the season."

Vice-boss and finance expert Eckhard Sauren (48) could not have more aptly summed up the club failure in the struggle for Cologne's mega-talent. Now there is the first painful receipt.

Bayer steals Cologne's mega-talent Wirtz!
    Thick air between Cologne and Bayer. Ironically, the Rhine rival steals the greatest club talent away from the FC contrary to the agreements.
    Only 6 months and 7 league appearances after the winter change, this Wirtz is already worth 10 million euros at the age of 17, according to transfermarkt.de, and thus as much as captain Jonas Hector (30 / 6.8 million) and star striker Anthony Modeste (32 / 3.2 million) together.

Incredible: Cologne only received 6 percent of this sum - in numbers: 600,000 euros (transfer fee and application bonus).

► Not even a small consolation for the loss of a U17 talent, who as a FC professional would now be on par with the top stars Jhon Cordoba (12 million) and Sebastiaan Bornauw (11 million) and with the bosses in Corona - , Loss and fast relegation times would make for much more serenity in terms of sport and finance.

► Instead, you lick your wounds, look with your fist in your pocket over the Rhine and will now imagine what transfer amount Wirtz Bayer will bring in the future, if its missile development is like this, or with the help of international missions , goes on even faster.

Greetings from Bayer's 100 million man Kai Havertz (21). Incidentally, at Wirtz's age he was worth just 100,000 euros ...
    https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...nt-wirtz-schon-10-mio-wert-71800834.bild.html

I'm surprised he costs that much since German players always cost peanuts.

Dang Son Tung repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    An update on 99 CF D.Otto (on loan from Hoffenheim) and 00 CM Owusu both are leaving 2BL Heidenheim. Otto was almost the hero in playoff vs Bremen, barely missing and had he scored Heidenheim would likely have been promoted. Issue with Hoffenheim they seem to have too many attackers, I think he does Summer camp with them and if he does well he stays with 1st team and if not he likely goes on loan again. Well at least we know if he needs more time in 2BL, there is Heidenheim with open door, assuming another loan doesn't go abroad but easier at Heidenheim since it's not that far from Hoff. It's also interesting to remember that Heidenheim in general don't like to take players on loan but made an exception for Otto as they wanted to help dev him.

Heidenheim already losing 6 players like just a few days after playoff. For youth players who are left are Ramaj, Ibrahim, Brandle, Sessa, Kilic, Mollo, Ramusovic and Stark.

“David Otto is a talented and versatile offensive player who has proven his qualities with us. We are pleased that we were able to contribute to David's positive development and can understand that he now wants to prove himself at Bundesliga level in Hoffenheim, ”said Holger Sanwald, FCH CEO, on Otto's return to TSG. "We will closely monitor his further development. The doors are always open for David at FCH. "

Andrew Owusu was twice in the FCH squad last season, but was never deployed. The 20-year-old central midfielder switched from the youth of SSV Ulm 1846 football to the FCH U16 of the HARTMANN youth development center in summer 2015. Last summer he moved up from his own youngsters to the FCH professionals. “Andrew is a young player who has a lot of talent. For his further development he understandably needs as much time as possible, which we cannot offer him at the moment due to the strong competition, "says Holger Sanwald, who also emphasizes:" We wish David, 'Multi' and Andrew personal and sporty for the future all the best and thank you for your work at FCH! "

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    99-Kraulich moves to 2BL WK. LOL 0 chances at FCN gets picked up by another 2BL club.

FC Würzburger Kickers has signed Tobias Kraulich. The 21-year-old defensive player comes from the U21 of 1. FC Nürnberg. Kraulich signed a two-year contract with the Rothosen until June 30, 2022.

Born in Erfurt, he went through all of the FC Rot-Weiß youth teams, among other things, completed 17 games in the U19 Bundesliga North / Northeast. The 1.91 meter tall defender also made the leap into the professional field among the Thuringians and made his third division debut at the age of 18. In summer 2018 he followed the call of 1. FC Nürnberg, where he played a total of 55 games for the second representation in the Regionalliga Bayern.

“Tobias is physically very robust and has undergone a strong development at the club, which we want to push ahead with. He also has a very strong play opening, especially with his left foot, ”said FWK head coach Michael Schiele.

Kickers CEO Daniel Sauer is “glad that Tobias chose us despite offers from other second division teams. He is young, hungry and has great potential ”.

“I had a good feeling from the start when I talked to those responsible. Now I want to integrate as quickly as possible and I am happy to be part of this hungry team, ”explains Kraulich.

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    so seems like officially promising GK 01-Klein and 02-Beier are moving next season to 1st team. Of course Klein is likely to be playing II.

from 02s, John seems to be a 1st team prospects but will likely play another season in U19. Not counting 02-Asllani who seems moving to II early....

also 04-Tohumcu is also officially playing U19 next season vs older players. Also interesting that there is 0 mention of 04-Fraudendorf, does seem like he could end up leaving....

Some Hoff U17 updates, 04 CF Jaden Meyer is joining the club from Wehen. While promising 05-Drexler seems to be moving upwards, same about 05-Bischof.

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    04-Nik Leipold who scored 7 goals vs older players last season for a club like Furth U17 is moving to Mainz U17 next season.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Jan Siewert on difference between England and Germany youth training.
    Siewert: From my experience, the English determine relatively early on in which position a young player has to be trained. They focus on very specific things in football. Through constant repetitions, a player is drilled in order to be able to deal better with pressure situations in a full stadium later. In addition, a player decides to start his career as a professional footballer at a young age. Training in Germany, on the other hand, is much more extensive.

not wrong it's why majority of players are flexible but that flexibility could also be somewhat of a -. Also it does seem like Germany deciding to become pro early isn't a thing since they focus a lot on school and future education too.

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    this is what I wanted for Bremen oh well, Fortuna was barely playing any youngsters.

-17 1st teamers are gone in Summer
    -0 LB left
    -lacking creativity, Barkok could have been useful there but was mostly injured in his time at Fortuna and returning to Frankfurt.
    -Are Ayhan, Karaman and Zimmermann left?
    "It has already been indicated that we have to reorient ourselves in this position," confirms Klein. Only about a dozen field players are currently under contract with the Fortunes, and their whereabouts are not entirely certain. So, like every year, there is speculation about defense chief Kaan Ayhan, who could go thanks to an exit clause, and of course could also imagine a club change with a view to his participation in the European Championship next year. This also applies to striker Kenan Karaman, who may not be in the second division, but whose contract with Fortuna will run for a year, including in the lower house.
    https://www.kicker.de/779442/artikel/chance_und_risiko_beim_duesseldorfer_neuaufbau#twfeed

sounds to me like massive openings at this club for chances in 2BL. Not only them but tons of 2BL-3rd Liga clubs have like 6-7+ exits so could be openings in other clubs. 1BL on other hand you rarely see too many exits outside of dissatisfied players or players who get bought. 2BL-3rd Liga seem to work on contracts and soooo many times decides within same season as expired contracts whether to renew or not.

8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    01 GK Kiefer signs pro contract at Dynamo Dresden who got relegated to 3rd Liga. He made the bench once back in June 28 2020.

“I am very happy that we were able to retain Patrick Wiegers and Stefan Kiefer for the coming season. Both 'Wiege' with his six years of club membership and Stefan as an emerging talent from our own youth have Dynamo in their hearts and embody in their own way exactly what we still needed in the goalkeeper position as a supplement to Kevin Broll, ”explained Dynamo's sports manager Ralf Becker.

Stefan Kiefer was also pleased with the contract extension at SGD and is focused on the future. "I am very happy that I can continue to advance my development process at Dynamo Dresden and I will throw myself fully into the training work," said the 19-year-old, who has regularly trained with the professionals in the past season.

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Put Dynamo in 3rd Liga next season as needing new players, current squad=14 players......

Young players
    includes, 98-J.Lowe, 99-Atilgan (who returns from 3rd Liga loan where he was mostly injured) and 00-Kulke.

From U19s,
    01-Kiefer, Konigsdorffer (already played 7 2BL games with 3 XI) and Ehlers (for now, has played like 20 2BL games already)
    02-Gollnack (unused bench a few times)

they have some interesting 02-03s that's for sure, will be curious to see who makes the 1st team, should be easier in 3rd Liga. Like 3 02s were playing 1st team friendlies during season as well.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    speaking of Barkok would be nice if it works out, for weeks now reports say that Barkok will be with Frankfurt this Summer which is likely at the min Summer Camp. If him and new transfer Ache can make it that could be not too bad. Would leave you with N.Stendera, Otto, Irorere and Makanda as other potential Frankfurt 1st teamers although questionable. N.Stendera should get a loan even if RL. He didn't do anything all season mostly due to injury might as well get some match practice.

with Otto/Irorere Frankfurt doesn't need more 02s to pro contract. But curious to see how Bakirsu/Loune/Littmann do next season.

from 03s their most promising ones are Kurt and Schafer but with Kurt ditching them for Schalke U19 all that's left is Schafer now.

Once celebrated as one of the greatest talents at Eintracht Frankfurt, Aymen Barkok has so far not been able to meet the high expectations. A loan business at Fortuna Düsseldorf has also recently failed. In the past two years, the offensive-oriented midfielder has only made 18 appearances for the professionals in the Rhineland - there was no goal-setting.

Now the Frankfurter wants to make a new attempt and assert himself sustainably in his hometown. "I am no longer the little Aymen from my youth, but more focused when I go onto the field - but also in my private life. My goal is not just to be in the squad and number 20. I just do my best and want my chance use ", says Barkok.

It is also due to his injuries that the past few years have not gone optimally. "I was injured for almost a year in total," said the 22-year-old, who is bound to Eintracht for two years until 2022. Specifically, the former Under-21 international had to deal with an adductor injury to the left thigh and a shoulder corner joint blast, which of course made it difficult for him to integrate into the team.

Barkok wants to be successful with Eintracht Frankfurt
    Even if it wasn't going well for Barkok on the pitch, he was able to gain important experience during his time at Fortuna Düsseldorf:

"It didn't go well in terms of sport. You get angry and angry. But also more mature. I had to do everything myself for the first time. Doing the laundry and making sure that I got something on the plate. It was worth the time. I try in Life always gain the positive and develop myself further ".

From now on, Barkok would like to tackle the old and new job at the SBU in a concentrated and confident manner. "Now I have to deliver! That is the claim to myself. I grew up here and know everyone. My family lives here. What could be nicer than playing here and being successful with Frankfurt?"
    https://www.ligainsider.de/aymen-ba...er-aymen-barkok-will-sich-durchsetzen-290741/

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -just realized that the 99-Schulz who joined HR in 3rd Liga is the younger bro of Dortmund's Nico Schulz.

-seems like RL club Cottbus wants to loan another Union Berlin attacker after Taz was outstanding for them and Moser did well too. And the player being linked is 01-Maciejewski who signed a pro contract during season.
    https://www.transfermarkt.at/tim-ma...us-/thread/forum/154/thread_id/1047233/page/1

it's to be expected that Union coach doesn't trust players with no real experience and there is no II team and he has no interest to integrate. That they lost Asllani was 100% their own fault.

for now 1st team next season,
    99-Moser (GK), 97-Nicolas (GK on loan from Gladbach), 01-Oppermann (yeah the whole needing homegrown so sign up GK #4 or #5....), 97-Dietz (returns from successful 3rd Liga loan), 98-Taz (returns from successful RL loan), 99-Maloney (not so successful loan in 3rd Liga)

there is also 99-Kade and 01-Dehl who at this point expect loans. Kade injury last season+RL wasted time and then this season nothing but trainng with a few unused bench. Would be surprised if he gets integrated next season. Dehl spent like 8 months injured this season. Would be even bigger surprise if they even use him, maybe should also get Cottbus loan?

but anyways, Cottbus is not a bad place to dev. They've produced a lot of players and a lot of players get poached early too. They're mostly young team, who almost took Bayern to ET in DFB Cup.

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bild, says that 00-Mack will go on loan for next season while Stuttgart 1st team is looking for cb and potential CF.

This is why I didn't want Stuttgart to go back to 1BL next season. Because you can see it from a mile away that they will give a million excuses as to why player X isn't ready for 1BL so needs to go down. I guess this also means that Aidonis is headed for loan since Mack and Aidonis were the 2 players recently mentioned to still have 1st team overview.

really makes you wonder what's the point of keeping players around when no one is ever ready. And if Stuttgart brings in a new CB it won't be for short term it'll be for long term there really isn't much prospects at that club. Worse is when they brought in Awoudja when they already had young cb prospects, constantly blocking their own players.

at this point, Massimo and Egloff could be the only ones next season and then Suver. Outside of injuries I expect no II player will be given 1st team chances. They likely will be like the jump to 1BL is so big etc and need more higher level experience.

Do players need to play every level just to make it in 1BL?

example, Danish 00-Nartey of Stuttgart, they poach him from Koln and then loan him out to 3rd Liga HR. Now they are saying he needs 2BL loan......

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    HSV seems to be planning with 99-Opoku.

Talent is in demand Aaron Opoku: HSV blows interested club down
    If they could, as they wanted, they would keep him there straight away. Hansa Rostock is very fond of Aaron Opoku (21), the third division would like to borrow the offensive player for another year. The HSV will not be involved. Despite all the supplications of the Hansa officials, Opoku is firmly planned in the Volkspark from summer.

This loan was worth it for everyone. The offensive man was allowed to run 33 times last season, scoring five goals and preparing six. A good development, which HSV rewarded with a new contract that runs until summer 2024.

Aaron Opoku: HSV flashes Hansa Rostock
    And yet: Hansa never tires of emphasizing that they would like to keep Opoku. "We have not given up hope," said sports director Martin Pieckenhagen, former keeper at HSV, the Ostsee-Zeitung.

But nothing will come of it. Because the HSV already has a lack of clear wingers and sees Opoku as a suitable addition to Bakery Jatta.

The HSV hopes for a big leap at Opoku
    The HSV bosses are so impressed with Opoku's development that another loan is not an issue at all.

Especially since the native of Hamburg fits perfectly into the new, sought-after profile: he is young, hungry for success and is one of the players who are said to have enormous development potential.
    https://www.mopo.de/sport/hsv/talen...laesst-interessierten-klub-abblitzen-36991146

will end up being one of those players who plays RL, 3rd Liga, 2BL and possibly in future in 1BL, like all levels.

I recall seeing him playing all the German U20 games and he looked promising in them with his speed/dribbling.

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    a perfect summation of 99 CF D.Otto.
    "Too bad, if I had wished to negotiate again with Hoffenheim regarding Otto, still trust him to make the breakthrough, the facilities are there, with a bit of luck he will do e.g. against Bremen the double pack right after the break, unfortunately a striker is then (rightly) measured at goals at the end of the day and he was just not effective enough."

potential/facilities are definitely there but completely lacking end product. More of an assister than scorer.So many times, hitting the post, barely missing etc. If he was lucky would have scored more this season. But it's also why he could be reloaned and Hoff has way too many attackers for next season.

but a loan isn't just about scoring it's about playing time. He played almost 1300 min in all competition this season with 13 XI. He would NEVER get this much playing time at Hoff. The playing time he got this season likely helped improve him and what he needs to do better too.

Heidenheim did seem satisfied though and saw his dev as +.
    “David Otto is a talented and versatile offensive player who has proven his qualities with us. We are pleased that we were able to contribute to David's positive development and can understand that he now wants to prove himself at Bundesliga level in Hoffenheim, ”said Holger Sanwald, FCH CEO, on Otto's return to TSG. "We will closely monitor his further development. The doors are always open for David at FCH. "

in numerous games especially post corona, team overall looked better with him on field than without.

what's interesting is that Otto faced 1BL Bremen 3 times.
    Game 1 in DFB Cup where his shot on goal which was headed in was handled by Friedl which led to a PK and Heidenheim's only goal in a 4-1 loss.

and then the double relegation playoff where he had chance to score double .
    like a more lucky Otto and he would have scored 3 goals in 3 games vs 1BL Bremen.

my instinct says, he likely ends up on loan again. In Germany=Heidenheim again and if not than maybe Eredivisie or Austria Bundesliga or Belgium etc.

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what sucks about D.Otto and a lot of CFs is simple. We might waste them in youth levels. I get the feeling that unless Otto plays 1BL next season............ or 1st division abroad or 2BL and scores a lot in those lower than 1BL level that he will end up being left out of dfb U21 and Olympics. Reason dfb kept playing him as overage U20......

can you imagine if he gets breakthrough season and it's 2021-2022 season. Oops too late for youth NT. It's same for other CFs, oh well what can you do.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    will likely do a 98-99+00 CF listing when transfer market is all but closed or near closed to see who are the options for U21 Euro+Olympics.

I think we should leave alone all 01-02 CF. They are still young let them be even if we are seeing Beier, Adeyemi, Woltemade, Borkowski already playing pros and likely to continue next season. 02 age group is filled with tons of CF prospects and there are more who played 3rd Liga and one very close to playing 2BL. But even then let them be they could be focus for U19 Euro for 02s.

00s count too since Kuntz is very likely will end up calling some 00s to U21. Like how we called up 4 98s to U21 Euro above age groups in 2019 and 7 96s above age groups in 2017.

of course focus is 1BL-2BL/Championship+1st division abroad.

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    me I'm really curious to what the 2023 U21 Euro will look like.

just imagine best 00-01s+02s. So much potential for the squad, get the feeling we we could see someone like Adeyemi in this.

or the following one, 02-03s+04. Hmmm that 03 age group does look really promising to a lot of people "potential golden generation" and 02 does have tons of prospects. Its not surprising a lot are signing early pro contracts and early pro debut or close to it.

04 and 05s so far look promising/interesting too.

if I'm honest get the feeling that these next 2-3 U21 Euros could be more promising than the current one. What doesn't help current one is things like mass injury problems, needing too much time to make it to 1BL-2BL. Like at some point Hack was only non CF attacker called up because everyone else was injured/unfit.........

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what a bunch of bottlers FCN are. Ingolstadt with a comeback 3-0 only for FCN to score in 90+6 to make it 3-3 and FCN advances on away goals. Very very close for 2 relegations in 2 years, they were in 1BL last season.....

those 2 goals Nurnberger scored in leg 1 were HUGE. Let's hope Hack leaves in Summer.

Knothe was again on FCN bench there were talks a few weeks ago about how he's likely to receive a pro contract. Moved there from Frankfurt too.

will be curious about their squad next season, since you also have 3 players returning from loan.

Ingolstadt, would guess their top performers leave to higher which should open door for more XI for youngsters.

and that concludes German football 2019-2020 season!!!

Blueberry_night repped this.
  20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -99 Akkaynak leaves Eredivisie permanently. He was on loan to Turkish 1st division club but now making the loan permanent. Ends his Eredivisie time at 1 goal and 2 assists in 10 games. I recall he was loaned out due to unprofessional behaviour back during Christmas break along with some other players. So far on his loan he's only played 2 games worth 11 min. Would guess he plays more next season but the awkward part is that his Turkish club are relegation candidates to 2nd division with 3 games to go.

with his move to Turkey I fully expect him to end up playing for Turkey permanently he's currently provisionally capped by Germany. But not good enough for German youth and very very unlikely for Senior NT.

-according to TM, Jong Utrecht player 97 CF Arweiler is moving to Utrech FC, the 1st team. Scored 1 goal in 3 Eredivisie games playing 54 min total this past season.

-saw someone who said that Bayern II will loan out 01 RB/LB Kehl to Ulm in RL. Which could explain why he was never integrated in II at any point in time. Likely need more time due to his physique. While Waidner was playing with II team. And of course Bayern is interested in bringing in another Frenchie and this time fullback, lol. Would guess when Kehl is done on loan in 2021 that Yilmaz would move up which would open the door for Kehl in squad. At that point even Waidner might move up too since he only has 2022 contract. Would make 03-Herold and 03-Bruckner as likely back ups next season to II and likely future II potential starters.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    according to Dutch reports, Eredivisie club Emmen FC wants 99 LB Beste again for next season. He established himself in XI only to get long term injury. I hope he goes for it, Bremen ain't going to use him. And if a 1st division club is interested go for it better than 2BL or lower and Eredivisie is heavily scouted too. No better place for dev.

speaking of 97-Arweiler, I'm glad that he's finding success in a 1st division club. Sometimes feel too much obsession with 1BL as if no other league exists and fact is you don't need to make it in 1BL to find success as a player, just one option of many. We aren't in the 60s-90s anymore where not many players leave Germany (also meant not many came to Germany too......). Now there you can breakthrough elsewhere and doesn't help that Germany has a pretty mediocre ascension system for players anyways. I'm glad players aren't restricted to Germany.

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -Express had an article talking about the future of Koln 01 CB Cestic (has been linked with Ligue 1 Lille) and 01 LB Akalp. But they seem to have deleted the article, outside of this, all I can find.
    1. FC Köln: rumors about Sava Cestic and Erkan Akalp
    Rumors about Sava Cestic and Erkan Akalp. A defensive duo from FC-U19 is currently waiting to be promoted to the professionals: Sava Cestic ...

-I mentioned during the season that 98 GK Menzel used to be Wolfsburg 3rd GK until 01-Kasten overtook him in pecking order.

Now Menzel is linked with move to potential Austria Bundesliga team if they get promoted currently in 1st.

Phillip Menzel from VfL Wolfsburg probably to Austria's second division leader

He will leave the Bundesliga club VfL Wolfsburg, probably Phillip Menzel moves to Austria to Austria Klagenfurt after he was denied the leap into the first division in the VW city.

Change or stay at VfL? Phillip Menzel asked himself this question a year ago. He stayed. But now he's leaving. Jörg Schmadtke, the manager of the Bundesliga club, confirmed that the goalkeeper is leaving Wolfsburg. The 21-year-old is facing a move to Austria to Austria Klagenfurt - the league leader in the second division, in which Menzel hopes one thing above all - more game practice.

The Kiel-born contract runs for another year with VfL, but Menzel doesn't get any further at the club. Koen Casteels is the undisputed number 1, Pavao Pervan its undisputed representative. And with Lino Kasten and Niklas Klinger, the Wolfsburgers have two great talents behind them. VfL is well positioned in the gate.

In summer 2014, the Menzel from the B youth team from Holstein Kiel switched to VfL U17. He rose to number 3 at VfL. When Casteels was absent due to injury last season, he was number 2, but it wasn't enough for the Bundesliga debut. Now the son of Michael Menzel, a long time professional with handball top team THW Kiel, is about to say goodbye to VfL.
    https://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/...-wohl-zu-osterreichs-zweitliga-spitzenreiter/

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what I think is interesting is that Austrian 2nd division leaders Austria Klagenfurt already has 6 German players including 99-Huter who moved there from RL.

what's funny is that Austrian 2nd division has 11 German players and 6/11 are in this same club, LOL. That's more than half with 4 games to go they could all move up to Austrian Bundesliga. Than another 2, Boller/Jelisic are on loan to feeder club from LASK. Than another one is a 01 who's been unused bench and one of the youngest in squad.

anyways on 98 GK Menzel would be interesting if he's #1 in Austria Bundesliga if they manage promotion. And once again none of the GKs who leave Germany are the really rated ones.......

24. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    https://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/...ente-deutschland-havertz-moukoko-kouassi-dfb/

As said, we need more Havertzs or Moukokos

Many other countries are improving in the youth development. Not only England n France, also in USA/Scandinavia/Eastern Europe, there are many many great talents

Our talents have to compete with them ... so we need to produce more top talents who are ready to challenge This top young players from all over the world

25. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why does Germany struggle to produce elite defenders? In the last 20 years there have probably only been 2 genuine world class CB's (Hummels and Boateng), and 1 world class FB (Lahm).

Other players like Mertesacker, Metzelder (could have been even better without injuries) and now Sule were/are good but maybe not world class, and Badstuber had potential but was wreaked by injuries. At FB there has hardly been anyone close to being world class. Kimmich was a possible but has now become a permanent midfielder.

Does defensive coaching need to be improved?

dips82 and Ger90 repped this.