Auf geht's, Jungs: German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. V

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gladbach poaches a promising 03-Zimpel for West rival Dortmund.

Zimpel changes to the "foal", 16-year-old Dreis-Tiefenbacher leaves Borussia Dortmund
    "The BVB then really raus rausauen one. There was an intense tour of the club grounds, and Tim was allowed to play some balls in the then brand new Footbonauten - that left an impression, as the club had won, "recalls his father Andreas Zimpel. Immediately in his first year in the BVB dress, Tim Luca had a very impressive experience when he was called to a "world selection" at a U-13 tournament in Miami / Florida together with a Dortmund player. This team played, with its "godfather" Patrick Kluivert, against a team in which the former Schalke professional Raúl was one of the opponents.

In the following years Zimpel won with the BVB the West German Championship and the Westfalen Cup (U 15) and was also currently with the U 16 Westfalenmeister, the time was garnished by numerous international tournaments such as in Marrakech (Morocco), Valencia (Spain), Dubai or three times in the United States. In the first three years a faithful companion: His Dreis-Tiefenbacher neighbor Gerhard Grunwald, who took over as a retiree the driving service for Tim, but then lived since 2018 in the boarding school of BVB. His contract with Borussia Dortmund actually ran until 2020, and Lars Ricken had Tim's adviser Oliver Seibert already signaled that the club would like to extend into the senior area with Tim.

"Tim wanted a new challenge after four years and was open to something new. Already in the winter, we had several requests from Bundesliga clubs, including FC Bayern, but also from Berlin, from 1 FC Cologne, Schalke and Hoffenheim, "said Zimpel senior. The race did not make any of those named, but - Borussia Mönchengladbach. "The philosophy voiced by Manager Max Eberl that in the future it would be more important to incorporate talents from its own junior service center into the professional squad, has convinced me," explains Tim Luca Zimpel.

In addition, the "Dreisber" with Roland Virkus, the head of NLZ the "white Borussia", who has been working for almost 29 (!) Years for the "Young Foal", a prominent advocate. Borussia Mönchengladbach bought the Dreis-Tiefenbacher so out of his understanding agreement with the Dortmunder namesake, both clubs have now agreed - even if the BVB "not amused" of this change was, as Andreas Zimpel reveals: "They have finally quite a bit in Tim invested and had built on him. "

But now follows from July, the desired "new challenge" for the 16-year-old, who is not necessarily the most dangerous "sixes" in his age group, but as a strategist, "passport machine" and thinker and driver the scouts numerous clubs attention Has. "Tim had only two career aspirations when he was a little boy: he either wanted to become a football professional or a lawyer," the dad smiles. "Gate one" could have opened the Filius again a bit further.
    https://www.fupa.net/berichte/sportfreunde-siegen-zimpel-wechselt-zu-den-fohlen-2412274.html

interesting that Gladbach want to promote more from within in the future. Also not surprising that Dortmund is pissed.

also links up with the whole Polanski being a link between youth to pro shift.

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what kind of move is that? 98-Petermann joins Koln II from Mainz II.

now we need to know where Mause is playing next season?

3. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Teuchert,Klünter,Torunarigha and Serra out of U21. Very surprising. Udokhai and Anton instead of Toru? No real ,Stoßstürmer' option without Serra. I am a little dissapointed

Ger90 repped this.
  4. Rac93

Rac93 Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Sep 29, 2017
    Who are our best prospects under 18? OBM, Katterbach, Rhein, Gunther, Moukoko?

5. BenjiBo

BenjiBo Red Card

Villarreal CF
    Spain
    May 8, 2019
    San Jose, CA
    Lukas Nmecha is a pretty big lad. Will he give the team similar dynamism as Serra’s?

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    all 4 makes sense.

It's been confirmed that Jordan is out due to ankle problems, once again his injury issues is costing him. Klunter was always likely to be cut. Teuchert spent way too much time injured and not playing. And Serra had injury issues towards the end of the season. I'm ok with no Serra since we have Nmecha, Waldschmidt, J.Eggestein who could play CF and even Richter. Besides Serra is eligible for the next U21.

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

99-Keller from Ingolstadt II gets pro contract.

3rd Liga club Zwickau as well as other are interested in taking 99-Hartel on loan. Aue want to extend and loan him out while also thinking he could make it in 2BL.
    https://www.liga3-online.de/fsv-zwickau-hat-sascha-haertel-auf-der-liste/

8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    98-Hack never given a real chance at Hoff moves to 2BL's FCN on a 4 year contract.

can play pretty much all attacking positions.

Ends his Hoff run at
    1 goal and 1 assist in 6 games playing 193 min.

Robert Palikuca: "Robin brings with him promising facilities and qualities. We see some potential in him and believe that he can develop into a seasoned professional. We are very pleased that he has decided to move to Nuremberg and we were able to convince him of our path. "

"Nuremberg was very concerned about me and showed me an exciting perspective. I had a great time in Hoffenheim, but I'm really looking forward to this new chapter at the club and I hope that I can do my part to a successful season, "said Hack.

sounds like FCN were more concerned about him than Hoff was, lol.

interesting to note that Hack had a 2020 contract with Hoff and both clubs refuse to discuss details of the contract. Does Hoff have a buyback clause???

-Meanwhile 99-Zehnder seems to be headed for another loan and maybe in 2020 will be give a chance in 1st team. Issue is that they have 2 players in LB but that could change in 2020. He made his 1BL debut in May 2017.
    https://www.kicker.de/750956/artikel/darmstadt_bangaard-geht-zehnder-nur-leihweise#omsmtwkicker

have to say some clubs screw younger players. Saying they aren't ready when its more like there is current no space for them but that could change in 1-3 years. I think Bremen is notorious for that, how they say such and such is not ready, sending them to II or on loan simply because there is no space for them in 1st team. Worse is when they go and sign players in same position while saying things like that. We are also seeing an increase in lack of trust from clubs in dev players in 1BL, seems like almost everyone needs to gain experience somewhere, whether II or loan/buyback.

There is no real promotion for a player unless the club makes real room for a young player.

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it's sad that there won't be many German youth players at Hoff next season.
    -Amiri, no longer youth eligible after U21 Euro.
    -Ochs-wasn't good enough and likely out. Who knows where he's supposed to play either. Is he a fullback/wingback now?
    -Hack, never trusted dumped, likely buyback.
    -D.Otto, completely dominates U19 last season. Does well for German U20, UEFA Youth League and even does well in Hoff 1st team preseason where he outperformed even vet strikers. Then season comes, he's just a back up striker only, no real chances and even in very limited game time in 1BL does well and got an assist robbed by greedy Kramaric. Going on loan to 2BL next season.

-Geiger, very good player, just needs to stay injury free
    -Amade, who knows what they plan for him. More II and back up player?

anyone else like a U19 or II players likely will be given chances if any during the season.

I think Nagelsmann screwed both Hack and D.Otto keeping them this season when they should have been loaned out. Instead they end up pretty much wasting a season, where there is no real dev.

I sometimes wonder why so many clubs seem like they aren't sure what to do with young players. No real space for them but they are still at the club as back up options only. Do these clubs care more about them being back ups or dev players???

I hope D.Otto and Hack get to the next stages next year in 2BL and don't take too much time in lower levels. Would be nice to see FCN get promotion again while D.Otto is only on loan for a year, hopefully in 2020 he's in the Hoff 1st team squad.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Some more on Hoff, this time on 00 Striker Giuseppe Signorelli (from lower U19 league).

You had a major share as the top scorer with a record breaking 42 goals. In the eight years before, the best value was 31. What does this mean to you?

Of course this is something special for me. But that's all possible only if you have good players. We scored 115 goals as a team. This shows how well we act as a team and how well we understood each other. That was very important. As a striker it will be easier then. I hope it goes on like this.

Despite the impressive odds you have to leave the OFC. This has caused discussions in the environment. What is your decision on the OFC?

In the winter I said that I would love to stay. I am here at home, my family lives here. The coach of the first team (Editor's note: Daniel Steuernagel) said at the time that he could imagine. I did not hear anything for a while, until they told me that they were planning without me. The coach and the board have decided that. I have to accept that. Maybe that's good for both sides. I am now looking forward to playing for TSG Hoffenheim II and receiving a good education there. I hope to be able to develop as a footballer there.

How exactly was the decision based on you?

The coach told me that the squad is not that big and we already have four strikers. It should no longer be a young striker, but an experienced.

Unofficially it says, one would have wished that you would have accepted the offer more often, to train with the first team ...

I thought that was too bad, but the training took place often in the morning or in the morning. And I've just finished school for three weeks, got my high school diploma. If it was possible for me, I am for training. But I wanted to get a good degree. That was a priority. I think everyone should understand that.
    https://www.op-online.de/sport/kick...r-giuseppe-signorelli-gespraech-12358828.html

lol at Kickers Offenbach, a RL club having no room for a record breaker in U19 because they want more experienced strikers. Unless he impresses tremendously in Hoff II, doubtful he's a 1st team prospect unless mass injuries. But he could use the II to be scouted by higher level clubs later on.

it's sad that so many clubs don't really care about dev players themselves. Even lower level clubs just loan to the level lower. You see 3rd Liga clubs loaning players to RL or OL, 2BL to 3rd Liga-RL. 1BL to 2BL. Any 1BL to 3rd Liga and lower is never a good sign, not counting II teams of said clubs.

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    there it is about 98-Hack.
    According to kicker information, the club is transferring 500,000 euros into the Kraichgau for the services of the German U-20 national player (seven games / five goals). In addition, TSG is said to have secured a buyback option.
    https://www.kicker.de/750965/artike..._nuernberg_holt_hoffenheims_hack#omsmtwkicker

remainder that's a big sum for FCN, recall their 1BL budget last season was like $2-3M only.

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    more of Frankfurt's fradulent pro contracts leave the club.
    as 00 GK Stirl joins Wolfsburg II.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/ByXkbxPH8FB/

can't wait next season for the next Frankfurt youth GK to get a pro contract to be the 4th GK just to have 12 German player signed. Same thing RB Leipzig does, disgusting.

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    now we got that Low confirmation that senior NT striker, needs to score 10+ goals a season in 1BL and to develop well and find consistency as well.

for next U21 cycle we are still at advantage
    98: J.Eggestein (1BL), Serra (2BL for now, could still transfer, has 1BL interest, they could wait to see how he does another 2BL season 1st), L.Nmecha (unknown, likely either Championship or 1BL)
    99: D.Otto (2BL loan from 1BL), Kruger (2BL, with buyback from Schalke), Wintzheimer (2BL, had interest from higher but stayed)

have to say from these 6 98-99 strikers, the faster they get to 1BL the better.Not only is more strikers playing 1BL good for U21 it's also so that they could be senior NT consideration quicker. Playing 2BL won't get you to the seniors, it will only help to get to 1BL. If we make the Olympics in 2020, that's also another advertisement for players. And players will likely require more than 1 season in 1BL to make the senior NT as well. Would like to see all these guys be in 1BL in Summer 2020 if possible if not than hopefully by Summer 2021.

Current outsiders :
    98-Berisha (Austrian Bundesliga), Ache (Eredivisie), Amenyido (2BL), Lauberbach (2BL)

for now since transfer market is still open, there could be more additions from current 98-99 who are currently in 3rd Liga-RL. The door is also open for players who jump in Winter 2020 and Summer 2020 too, it's not a this Summer or nothing. Although could still see Kuntz skip over everyone from outsiders to the current lower levels and jump to 00. There are a lot of interesting 00 strikers and some that are very close to 1st teams in 1BL-2BL which could make them very hard to ignore, especially if they become squad players. Although from 98-99 there are enough options not to call up 00 strikers.

speaking of an interesting 98 striker who made his 1BL/pro debut for Freiburg during the season, Daferner. Is he linked with a move to Eredivisie club Heerenveen?
    https://www.feanonline.nl/nieuws/tr...en-maakt-van-spits-en-middenvelder-prioriteit

article says, "striker and midfielder a priority."

Then from the comment section, very random from a Heerenveen fan, Heerenv1.
    "I think we have a good one at Dresevic. I can't judge Skovgaard .. haven't seen it yet! Regarding other positions: Striker, left winger and right back are the most important! Perhaps taking a chance at Christoph Daferner before the striker, the striker of Germany was u20, transfer-free. Fight it out together with Hornkamp! Lamprou is a nice option for the left winger. Last but not least, the right back: Jacob Barrett Laursen van Odense."

I mean why is being brought up like that?

I would not mind, more German strikers going to Eredivisie, clubs there are good for dev, they can play Europe. A lot of players end up in 1BL if they develop well. And it's ranked #14 in UEFA for 2019-2020 and #11 for 2020-2021. Looking at those rankings, Austrian and Belgian leagues are rated pretty highly. Eredivisie is one of those leagues that are heavily scouted.

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Germany U21 had a test match with the South Tyrolean NT, where we trashed them 12-0.

goals
    Luca Waldschmidt (3), Mahmoud Dahoud (2), Marco Richter, Suat Serdar, Johannes Eggestein, Lukas Nmecha, Florian Neuhaus, Nadiem Amiri and Felix Uduokhai.

saj7866 repped this.
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    looking at 96-97 age group in terms of strikers.

-Werner (1BL), Thumbs Up, 1BL top 10 scorers. Senior NT.
    -Waldschmidt (1BL), Thumbs Up, 1BL #27 scorer at 9. Current U21 NT.
    -Platte (2BL), not sure what to say to player always injured but always showing promise whether in 1BL and 2BL. 23 year old and wasted career so far due to injury issues. Ex U21 NT player was part of the 2017 U21 winning squad were he scored vs England U21 in SF while being from a younger age group.
    -Seydel (1BL on loan to 2BL), 2 unsatisfactory loans in a row. Wasted this whole season injured but still showed promise. Has interesting facilities in terms of height at 1.99m but that same height is what gave him longer term injury. Will be curious to see how Platte and Seydel develop in the future. Ex U21 NT player who scored 4 goals in 4 games, his long term injury issues this season made him fall out.
    -Hanslik (jumping to 2BL in Summer 2019): Finally making some career progress, ended RL Nord top scorer.
    -Kyreh (2BL next season), spent majority of his career in RL, played his 1st 3rd Liga season in 2018-2019, did very well and helped Wehen get 2BL promotion, scored like half their promotion goals. Ended 3rd Liga top 5 scorers.
    -Duker (3rd Liga), did well in 3rd Liga, did well in 2BL in limited game time but back to 3rd Liga, no career progress so far.
    -Kuhlwetter (3rd Liga for now), did well in his 1st season in 3rd Liga in 2018-2019. Ended 3rd Liga top 10 scorers.
    -Sulejmani (RL, permanently capped by Kosovo), ended up RL Sudwest 2nd top scorer only 1 behind 1st place. Did well enough to move up.

97, a notorious age group for players who seem overall more likely to be late bloomers.
    -Teuchert (1BL), our ex #1 U21 NT striker, scoring 8 goals in 8 game. Before his move to Schalke were he became injured all the time and barely playing. Was better off staying with FCN in 2BL last season and would have played in 1BL this season anyways. Would likely have played more too. Who knows what Schalke does with him in Summer.
    -Richter (1BL, W/CF), Made good progress even if it took him all season to do it. It was his 1st full pro season as well for a struggling club. Current U21 NT.
    -Knoll (1BL relegated to 2BL), spent too much time in RL, ended up 2017-2018 RL Nord top scorer. I thought he showed a lot of promise when playing in 1BL for a club who barely had any attack. Was more of a bench striker. Hopefully he gets more chances to really develop in 2BL. Some U21 NT call ups where he played well.
    -Reese (2BL on loan from 1BL but seems like he might move to 2BL permanently, buyback too?), Has tons of efficiency issues and good for him that towards the end of the season he salvaged his loan and gained confidence in scoring his 1st pro goals. Ended up being one of the top providers for Furth. But still as a long way to go. Last called up in U20 NT.
    -lyoha (2BL on loan from 1BL and seems like he might go on loan to 2BL again, 3 consecutive loans), did well in his loan in 2BL and like others this is his 1st relevant pro season. Needs to build on it. A U21 NT call up during the season.
    -Eckert, (La Liga on loan to Eredivisie, who knows about future plans), was a bench striker who did okl enough as a sub, also scoring his 1st pro goals. Like majority of this list, was his 1st relevant pro season).
    -Morschel (2BL), nothing but a back up option, likely will be forced to leave Kiel.
    -Tietz (3rd liga loan from a 2BL club that got 1BL promotion), not sure why he was loaned to begin with. Did very well for an almost relegated club, saving their behinds. Either he goes to 1BL with Paderborn or as rumored headed to 2BL interest. The loan also meant he delayed his pro career spending more time in low levels.
    -Owusu (3rd Liga loan from 2BL), did ok enough as mostly a sub striker. But who knows what AB will do to him. There were reports that he had issues with his AB trainers.
    -Huth and Putaro, no real great progress for either. Huth did better last season before moving to another club.
    -Wekesser (jumping to 2BL from RL), did well for an almost relegated club.

a few 97 strikers are moving up to 3rd Liga this Summer.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    those 2 age groups were not helped at all by the injury troubles of Platte, Teuchert and Seydel. 3 players that were former U21 NT players. 98-Serra, J.Eggestein and L.Nmecha might never have been called up to the NT had those 3 been fully fit and playing.

Then by a good chunk of 96 being late bloomers or players who's careers took detours. But the 96's strikers seem to be headed to a + place next season. Duker is the only low level guy for now as Sulejmani and Kuhlwetter might still move up in Summer. Although most of them outside of Werner and Waldschmidt still have a long way to go to even hit 1BL.

the 97 is almost made entirely of players who didn't make any real progress as pros until this current season. They all still have a long way to go to hit 1BL........if ever.

and in the end, this is why the senior NT is not getting any boost from the youth NT because almost everyone is nowhere near ready for the NT or they just aren't senior NT quality.

it reiterates why players playing U21, need to be playing 1BL at least in their last U21 season. Make some real progress at the highest level before moving on from U21. Why we need guys like J.Eggestein, L.Nmecha, Serra, D.Otto, Kruger, Wintzheimer, a few other 98-99, and the 00s to be playing 1BL as soon as possible.

it's why I'm really curious to see what clubs do with 00s, interesting age group for strikers. And they get 2 full seasons as pros before it even reaches their U21 cycle of 2023. I mean a pretty good amount of them from 1BL-3rd Liga clubs, have either
    1-Made their pro debuts already
    2-Made the 1st team bench somewhere
    3-Trained with the 1st team
    4-Played in 1st team friendlies.

there is no more U19 for them next season. So more movements for that age group will happen this Summer. Of course a good amount of them will end up in II, but they got all season to get chances in 1st team and a 2 years before it becomes their U21 cycle.

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    3rd Liga club Hallerscher (almost got 2BL promotion).
    As the "Bild" reported, midfielder Ishmael Schubert-Abubakari is promoted from the U19 to the pros.

"A player for the future"
    Half a year ago, the 18-year-old German with Ghanaian roots came from the TSG 1899 Hoffenheim to the Saale. Previously, he was also trained at Hamburger SV and played in the U-Bundesligen. This training and his achievements in the junior team of the Hallenser now pay off. Halles junior manager Skerdilaid Curri could not deny this fact and raves about Schubert-Abubakari: "In all honesty: He was our most important player, he has an excellent speed and is technically very talented and he is a player for the future."

Development as in Guttau and Kastenhofer?
    Even with the professionals, this development has now been recognized. Sporting director Ralf Heskamp agrees with his junior manager: "It is a player with a perspective and we trust him a similar development as with Julian Guttau and Niklas Kastenhofer." Both players had also mastered the leap from the U19 to the pros and are now part of the squad of the first team.
    https://www.liga3-online.de/hallescher-fc-befoerdert-u19-talent-schubert-abubakari/

00-Abubakari a player who moved in Jan 2019 from Hoff U19 is moving to 1st team, lol smart. Had he stayed in Hoff U19, would ht best end up in Hoff II. Now can play 3rd Liga instead.

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    tomorrow is Leg 2 of U17 SFs.

as usual for youth I don't root for Bayern simply because Bayern it's obvious who the club rates, which is only a small number of players. Even good prospects won't make it in the end, so who cares how they do, in terms of winning trophies. Only time I actually rooted for Bayern youth is that 3rd Liga promotion playoff, so that the players who make it or don't make it, either way get to play at a higher level and attract attention for 1BL-2BL. As I've been saying for ages, no Bayern player made the 1st team for real since the last time Bayern II were in 3rd Liga. Benefits everyone.

still Bayern U17 lost only 1-0 at home, tomorrow they are playing away. So it's anyone's game.

but those other German clubs, seem ecstatic when their youth overperform. Was rooting for Stuttgart U19 from the beginning over the other Sud/Sudwest clubs and it's a good thing. Stuttgart youth promotion has been shit for years, this will turn that around. Same with Koln U17 success, it's more likely to boast those 02-03 players and they got interesting players.

who cares about Wolfsburg youth, who only promote 1 player per age group or a club like Bayer Leverkusen making it. At Bayer youth it's obvious who will be given real chances......answer only top talents.

Dortmund can't be helped, they seem to make every U17 and U19 championship run. Helps that 2 teams from West make it through. Although who cares how they do as well. I mean they won the U19 Championship but who's getting promotion? 01-Unbehaun and 00-Raschl......who were announced months ago. 00-Osterhage seems not far away and could happen depending on how he develops further. Both him and Besong could have had better chances if it weren't for injuries. The rest of the 00 seem either headed out or II. Most of the team is 01, so they are playing next season as well, doesn't seem like anyone will get early promotion.

who was it (I forget), either a youth coach or ex player? Who criticizes how German clubs these days seem to care more about youth titles than actual promotion, lol. That the youth is about developing players and success is not measured on trophies but by how many players one promotes to the 1st team (as well as amount of pros one develops). Very true. And also that these clubs instead of playing youngsters at pro makes them spend until the last possible second in U19......

It's also the same about the whole how 1BL clubs seem to rate German age groups based on NT results (which is dumb as hell). So many factors play into those things and they do not represent every player of an age group either. Youth NT used to be about player dev not results. When has Germany ever done anything in Youth levels outside of U21? W But now it matters, lol. Clubs should focus on the players they have not a grouping of players from different clubs.

I said it before look at 00-Raschl, a player no one here brought up until I posted report that Max Eberl was very keen on poaching him from Dortmund, also posted a clip about him. Next thing you know he gets a pro contract and Watzke in May 2019, mentions him as one of the 5 midfielders for the 1st team. Guess what? He's never been relevant to the German youth NT and imagine he pans out at Dortmund, lololol.

or our dribbling striker 00-Burkardt, Germany U19 the better team in the group failed to qualify due to a stupid 1-0 loss. And Mainz stated that they were glad Germany failed so that Burkardt can play with 1st team in preseason and they were saying during season they wanted to integrate him more and more from Summer 2019-onwards. Yeah also if he does get integrated by Mainz, he's one of those 00 striker who could be hard for Kuntz to ignore especially if he performs in 1BL. Last season he played 4 matches in 1BL and he played well for a struggling team. Vast majority of Mainz reactions was that they wanted more from him and seemed excited about him. Although his issue was that kid was the youngest Mainz debutant in 1BL history and had issues with the high intensity given he made his pro debut at barely 18, his body needed more time. They gave him 4/4 starts, he didn't start his pro career like majority of players as a sub. It's why they stopped using him and let him dev without over doing it. But next season is different story.

19. Rac93

Rac93 Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Sep 29, 2017
    How would you guys rank Rhein, Gunther, Gedliki, Netz and Wurst. Best to worst.

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #45 Ger90, Jun 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    I honestly cannot answer that question. Never been able to to those top players list because way too hard to choose.

they are all different types of player, (the comparison are not saying they will become like those pro players)
    -Rhein, CM (or AM) is like Toni Kroos, felt he did things better than Kroos too, huge prospect. Very rated at Bayern as well.
    -Gunther, W/CF is pretty much like KHR stated Bale like
    -Gedikli, CF, good physique, height, technique, skilled. Record breaking season for a Bayer U17 player all while being younger age group as well. If he continues to develop he could be big especially for the NT. Some rate him very very highly in terms of German strikers.
    -Netz, LB/Wingback. Very promising player, not only does he play up an age group for Germany, which is very rare but also performed for Hertha U17. Also played Hertha U19, were he impressed vs Barcelona U19 in the Youth League. I mean that tourney is 00 and he's a 03 and he was one of the most impressive players from both sides.
    -Wirtz, AM, a very creative dribbling player. Seems to have had an injury earlier the season and seems to be the star man of Koln U17. An interesting one for sure. I mean watching him play he shows tons of potential. And Koln fans who watch him regularly rate him very highly, doing things like dribbling past 3-4 Dortmund U17 players who have the best U17 West defense. Also easily dribbled past France U16. Both him and Gunther lack that killer efficiency to make them all the more deadly. But they've done well vs older players and there is still time for that further dev.

there are a lot more interesting 03s, than just these 5 kids too. It's an exciting age group, hope they do well in U17 next season for NT. One problem is that we have rarely rarely played with the best squad, always had missing players due to injury or school or clubs blocking players etc. Also sucks that Netz won't play in this age group.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I also recall KHR stated that the 03 German-English CB Arrey-Mbi told him that he thinks Gunther is the best 03 player from both Germany and England, Mbi played for both youth NTs. Not only that the kid plays in English clubs as well, so he does play regularly vs English players.

that's interesting whether it ends up being the case years from now or not. Just a perspective from another age group player.

22. Rac93

Rac93 Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Sep 29, 2017
    This is great. 00 01 and 02 all seem like weak age groups. Do you think the 03 were better then the 99s at the same age?

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #48 Ger90, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    weak age groups based on what youth NT results? I mean it's more important what players do at club level that's what gets them promoted with their clubs.

I'm not sure why you always seem to insist that the 99 were excellent, even they had their failures too.

reality is even weak age groups one could still find good players in there. I mean people always say the 97 is one of the worst age groups yet you could still find plenty of good players, some are late bloomers as well. And even that weak age group, there are still players from there who could one day make the senior NT. 1 in Henrichs already has.

so far I don't think there has been a single useless age group in Germany, where 0 players made the senior NT or where none went on to become pros.

There are plenty of interesting 00, 01, 02 players, I tend to prefer to look at players separately than all together after all the pro career is a solo thing not a grouping of players. Not like a club will dump a player's ass that they rate highly if the youth NT fails.

-the 99 failed in U19 because of a stupid coach in 1 game. Does that make them a weak age group, nope.
    -the 00 failed in U19 because of 1 game that we lost a tap in goal after GK parry and a game which we dominated fully but couldn't finish our chances as Norway parked the bus. Does that make them a weak age group, nope.
    -the 01 failed because some positions are a mess.
    -the 02 failed because they can't finish all their chances and they get a million chances. Does that make them bad? It sucks but it's a good experience for them......failure is.

I mean, you have to remember that so many players fall off the NT post U17, others are injured, others get left out for whatever reason by the coach. It's a complicated thing. Would also say the squad selections of 99-02 could have been much better too when it comes to youth NT.

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    the senior NT will not get hit either. Take all the best/promosing 00, 01, 02s and you can still get plenty of good players join in.

that's the thing about age group, it's a non factor. Age group is your U19 league play, once players are overage they become pros. So there is no more age group thing. NT once you hit U21, there are no more solo age groups. Usually it's in pairs like this Summer is 96-97, with some younger as in 98.

and once you hit the senior NT just like pro football, there are no longer any age groups. It's everyone together from let's say 18-36 years old, that's almost 20 years of players. Pretty much means all the best players only make it.

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Koln U17 trashed Bayern U17 4-0 and 5-0 on aggregate as they move to the U17 finals.

Goals scored by
    1-0 Obuz, Assist by Wirtz after some combination play. Nice goal by Obuz.
    2-0 Schwirten. Assist by Obuz
    3-0 Thielmann (2 in 2 games). Assist by Wirtz, what a ball by him.
    4-0 Koln's golden boy Wirtz

so yeah Wirtz, Obuz and Thielmann domination. Recall that someone said that most of Koln's goals directly or indirectly from Wirtz.....

good that Koln U17 won. Hopefully it boosts the players when they go U19.