Auf geht's, Jungs: German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. V

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Was being reported since like March that he was likely extending even with interest from other clubs.

01-Waidner extends until 2022, only missing is official confirmation.

fullback who can be deployed both sides. With 99-Kohn moving to Willem II, there is LB opening. He can play 3rd Liga for 1 season and then go to higher level if he does well, it's a win-win.

Now only question is future whereabouts of Kehl, Cuni, and J.Herrmann. I do expect Cuni and J.Herrmann to leave but you still need the destination and who knows about Kehl.

speaking of Willem II who ended up in 5th place in Eredivisie and thus qualified for EL Qualifiers. We got in terms of youth, Kohlert (tied in 2nd place for most productive player at the club), Saglam and Kohn (next season). Saglam seems to have been getting more and more involved pre-Corona following his Winter transfer.

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    More 03s making progress in 3rd Liga, we haven't even touched 03s in 1BL-2BL bar a few yet, lol. We'll see a lot more in next 2 years.

03 GK Wunsch, he was part of the Winter Camp while underage like a bunch of other 03s. He also was on the bench in 3rd Liga for a match in March 2020.

David Wunsch receives funding contract
    Chemnitz FC has given young goalkeeper David Wunsch a long-term funding contract. After the contract extension of goalkeeper Jakub Jakubov, the CFC sets another sign for the future.

With the sponsorship agreement, Chemnitz FC binds the goalkeeper talent to the club for further years. The 17-year-old has been playing in the certified youth center of Chemnitz FC since 2017.

In the current season, Wunsch was the goal of the CFC B-Junior Bundesliga team. “We are proud to have such a talent in the goalkeeper position in our ranks and we are very happy that we can advance its development together. In the past, he was able to prove his talent in our U17 and with the professionals at the indoor tournament in Zwickau. David will be an integral part of our squad in the coming season, ”said Armin Causevic, sports director of Chemnitz FC.

David Wunsch ran for the first time on January 4, 2020 at the ZEV-Hallenmasters in Zwickau for the CFC pro team. The goalkeeper then traveled with the team of head coach Patrick Glöckner to the winter training camp in Belek, Turkey. Since the second half of the year, Wunsch has also completed numerous training sessions with the third division team. On matchday 27 of the current season, Wunsch was part of the professional squad of Chemnitzer FC against SpVgg Unterhaching for the first time in a competitive game.

David Wunsch took his first steps in football at SC Riesa. After another position at the juniors of BSG Stahl Riesa, Wunsch moved to the youth center of Chemnitz FC in 2017.

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    00 GK V.Muller injured himself yesterday.

let's hope he doesn't lose his #1 status. The few times I saw him play this season he did well. And of course he's a Koln youth product, lol.

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -02 Sterner and 99-Fleckstein training with Kiel 1st team. Let's hope both make 2BL debut this season once irrelevant games kick in.

-99 Kade and 00-Arcones training with 1st team. It's time we see some Union Berlin youth players. The issue is that Kade, Arcones, and Dehl had too many injury issues. Let's hope they get some game time this season, even if they go on loan next season.

-Spani Mere of Koln is being linked out. Could open spot for Bisseck, Voloder, Cestic or Schneider.

-A comeback for 99 W Goller?
    Will Benjamin Goller again become important for Werder and Florian Kohfeldt?
    https://www.90min.de/posts/goller-wichtig-fur-werder-und-kohfeldt

he's fast and a dribbler his main issues have always been physique. Even Elgert thinks he can make it in 1BL but needs to work on his physical issues. He got chances in Fall due to injury issues but the Bremen squad is packed of attackers. He actually did well even vs RB Leipzig and had interesting approaches too when he played for a weak Bremen. I do think he's a player who could benefit from Bremen relegation.

I do think a lot of players could benefit from Bremen relegation+limited finances for club. Why would you need to reloan a player if they were on loan to 3rd Liga this season. Next step would be 2BL and they would be in 2BL, lol. Jump from U19-RL would be smaller as well.

there were some reports months ago that if Bremen get relegated that Schmidt on loan to Osnabruck (2 year loan until 2021) would be cut and he'll return to Bremen is an option.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Rhein vs Wirtz.:p
    "Rhein is technically just as strong, or even more technically due to his extreme two-footedness."

what was said this year, role model is Thiago but also gets some Kroos mentions. Maybe he'll end up mix of the two. Should work on dynamic and physique. He's currently training with Bayern II as well. Will be curious if he pops up in any useless 1st team games this season?

Left or right - that doesn't matter to Torben Rhein (16)!

Rhein plays in central midfield - like his role model: “Thiago is already my role model. I am a central midfielder. Six, eight, ten, it doesn't really matter. The strengths? Passing, ball safety, two-footedness. "

Campus boss Sauer becomes more specific: “You watch a game and always think, is it right or left foot? It will be hard to find out because you just don't see it. He shoots the corner kick from the left with the right and from the right with the left. And the free kick from one side with the left, from the other with the right. The balls are always just as sharp and precise. This double-footedness gives him a huge advantage in the central midfield. ”All he has to do is work on his dynamics.

Rhein believes that he can do it at Bayern: “We are not all wrong here, we all have the dream of becoming a professional footballer. Preferably with Bavaria. When we watch the games in the arena, we have the stars in front of us, which naturally motivates us. We want to do that too. "

-

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    some other updates.
    -98 Karbstein of Bremen II making no career progress as he goes from 1 RL club to another joining Kickers Offenbach. Guy will go for his 5th RL season, I mean really? Gonna get close to 100+ RL games already.

-Getting a German youth in Liechtenstein!!! Liechtenstein share same league as Swiss. 98-Hug of Freiburg II moving there. Vaduz are currently in Swiss 2nd division but promotion candidates.
    https://www.fcvaduz.li/news/fc-vaduz-verpflichtet-nico-hug

-02 Kelati signs a pro contract at RL club, FSV Frankfurt. Wonder would he have signed pro contract if Voloder, Lemperle, Schmid, and Lockl etc were still there? Small clubs like these sucks for them that players get poached but if they want to keep talent they need to have 3rd Liga ambitions. Although hilarious how so many players went to FSV over Eintracht, lol. Let's hope Kelati establishes himself in XI next season and skips U19.

With Andu Kelati, FSV Frankfurt has been able to retain a talented young talent.
    The 17-year-old central midfielder made his professional debut in February of this year at home against 1.FC Saarbrücken. Now Kelati has signed his first professional contract with the black and blue.

Thomas Brendel, head coach and sporting director of FSV Frankfurt: “I am pleased that with Andu Kelati we were able to keep a very talented player with us, who has also been courted by some Bundesliga clubs. Andu has been with us for 10 years and, despite all the other offers, would like to take his next step here in the regional league. We will support him as much as possible. Andu's attitude of wanting to take his first steps in the senior league in the regional league reflects his humble character. ”

Andu Kelati: “I'm really happy to be here at FSV! FSV Frankfurt is my youth club, I've been on the Bornheimer Hang for 10 years. An important reason for me was to be able to stay with my family here in Frankfurt. I'm looking forward to the games with our fans in the PSD Bank Arena! ”

8. RacMan93

RacMan93 Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Montreal
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #4608 RacMan93, Jun 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    Realistically how good is Rhein?

Better then Kroos at the same age?

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    better than Kroos? hard to judge. Both played Bayern U19 when they were 16 turning 17 against players who were 2 years older and doing well. If he plays 3rd Liga this season he would be ahead of Kroos who didn't play any adult football until the following season and in lower RL too. Playing 1BL in useless might not be impossible either since he's doing well and rated at the club. Would say that size wise, the edge is to Kroos. Rhein's height is closer to Thiago. Although even Kroos at 17 looked thin. Rhein even did really well vs more physical French midfield for dfb.

I've seen him do well well everywhere this season, U19 Sud/Sudwest, UEFA YL and DFB.

I've seen some say that Rhein is Bayern's biggest Academy talent since Kroos too. That's 13 years age gap.

Never been a big fan of describing players since I feel like it's up to each individual to form their own opinion on players. People judge differently, here's a small taste.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -Flick on Mbi.
    Bright Arrey-Mbi trained with the professionals this week. An option for Leverkusen? “He has to get his school ready. We fully support that. He has to focus on that. It is also part of school education. We support him so that he can do it well, ”says Flick.

-Flick on OBM
    "It's up to him how many games he gets. We have a competitive mindset. Everyone has to perform to play in this team. All young players have developed well. I like the way they take that. "Oliver played with the amateurs and scored a nice goal. It's good for him to get game time there"

I don't expect him to play vs Bayer-Gladbach but last 3 games could have openings. Better to play full game in 3rd Liga and get match practice in the meantime. I do like that Flick doesn't make it a given he'll play more, force him to work even harder.:thumbsup:

-Otto seems in consideration to start again did well in XI vs Aue while Kleindienst was suspended. Seems like they could both start.
    https://www.liga-zwei.de/1-fc-heidenheim-mit-der-hinspieltaktik-nach-hannover/

-Teuchert's loan to H96 seems headed for permanent.
    https://www.liga-zwei.de/hannover-96-cedric-teuchert-bleibt-wohl-laenger/

-looks like 00 CB Senger could finally make his 2BL/pro debut for Pauli, seems like there could chances for him and 00 Kuyucu(add to his 2 games).
    https://www.mopo.de/sport/fc-st-pau...--pauli-mit-abwehrnoeten-nach-bochum-36802340
    https://www.mopo.de/sport/fc-st-pau...--pauli-mit-abwehrnoeten-nach-bochum-36802340

Blueberry_night and Philanova repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    2BL Promotion Candidates Unterhaching gets 99-Richter from RL.

Attacking player comes from Burghausen.
    SpVgg Unterhaching has signed Julien Richter for the coming season. The 21-year-old comes free of charge from the regional league team Wacker Burghausen and has signed a contract until June 30, 2023. "We are pleased to have hired another top talent from the region," said President Manfred Schwabl. "The way to bet on young Bavarian players and on our own youth from the youth performance center will continue to be the identity and philosophy of the game association."

"With Julien we are getting a young offensive player who has been a pillar at Burghausen for many years," said head coach Claus Schromm. "He brings a lot of speed and has a good finish."

Born in Burghausen, he moved from 1. FC Nürnberg to Wacker in the U17 in 2015. Overall, he made 85 games in the regional league for the first team from Burghausen, scoring nine goals. "The move to Unterhaching is a huge opportunity for me. Especially as a young player, Haching is a great address," says Richter. "I had a great time at Wacker Burghausen and I'm now looking forward to the next step."

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Bayern II will be forced to rely on U19 players. Looking at the remaining 3rd Liga schedule, very condensed one. 9 games to go and it's basically, weekend, midweek, weekend, midweek etc. I'm not sure the young players can play this much games in like 4 weeks. They might be forced to have some rotations and at the end you will likely end up with some irrelevant games unless you really want to be 3rd Liga champs.

seems like Musiala is in the squad for tomorrow.

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    On his Austrian Bundesliga debut, damn he got robbed of a goal, you can see it in the video tweet below too......he at least picked up an assist.
    Young forward Karim Adeyemi also nearly doubled the lead but was called offside despite the replay showing otherwise.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Leitsch scored for Bochum in their 2-0 win.
    https://streamja.com/dmbyA

while Wintzheimer started for Bochum and was involved in PK draw and then scored a fantastic goal ruled out due to teammate having handled the ball 1st. Holtkamp continues to be unused bench. And for Pauli Franzke played his 2nd 2BL game as a sub again too.

have to say I'm not going to update too much club games due not being ecstatic about club football games in June. Usually end of May, June, July and like half of August there is nothing for clubs besides the warm up preseason. Now we basically end season in end of June aka basically July and then August 21 is next season, ugh. I usually get bored with these 10 months season at some point, its way too long already and this is a drag.

for rest of this season, my ONLY interest is useless 1BL-2BL games +Bayern II+ pro contracts+ transfers.

Dang Son Tung repped this.
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm curious at how Summer Camps will look like. No more dumbass Asia Tours or USA tours, which is all about marketing anyways. Very doubtful there will be camps in Austria, Swiss or Spain.

usually for all 1BL-2BL clubs their 1st preseason are usually clubs in RL-and lower. But with everything below 3rd Liga questionable due to corona. Only the pro levels returned to finish the season.

will entire Summer Camps be friendlies between 1BL, 2BL and 3rd Liga clubs? No International games and no non-pro German leagues?

maybe Bayern should play friendly vs Bayern II, lol.

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    after poaching 03-Kurt from Frankfurt, seeing mention that 03-Calhanoglu also joining Schalke U19......Kurt is confirmed and let's see if Calhanoglu really does join. Interesting to think about and also a big blow to Hoffenheim if both Calhanoglu bros get poached and Sieb got poached too. They even offered Sieb pro contract as well.....

seems like 04-Anubodem who played a lot for Schalke U17 is interesting prospect too. Kojic wasn't the only 04 playing up an age group. Speaking of Kojic wonder if he moves up to U19? I tend to think the relevant Schalke youth players seem easy to figure out earlier. Let's hope that Mercan, Thiaw and Bozdogan from 00-01 get more playing time.

on another note, it was reported in past and now TM, also lists 04-Bamba for Dortmund U19. So it does seem like between Moukoko, Collins and Bamba we could get 3 04s playing vs older players in U19.

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -speaking of 03-Rhein, him and 03-Gunther really need to extend their 2021 contracts. Lots of clubs would love to poach either one. Would be curious to know if they get pro contracts or just plain old contract extensions? Fruchtl, Mai, OBM for example have pro contracts while guys like Herold, Mosandl and Lawrence (he's 2m tall cb) who extended back in Feb just extended at the club. That's something most youngsters can't tell apart, extension just means you'll still play at the club but doesn't mean your anywhere near the 1st team, door isn't closed but still not same. When the Chelsea for Rhein rumors popped up (was also linked with Barca in the past) in Summer, they said that Chelsea want to lure him with pro contract offer too. Rumors or no rumors, that's the issue with Bayern and their accumulation of talent. You have to do something with them.........................

-HSV's 00-Vagnoman has 2 objectives, 1BL and playing Olympics for dfb.
    https://hsv24.mopo.de/2020/06/05/hsv-senkrechtstarter-traeumt-vom-aufstieg-und-von-olympia.html

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    forgot Stiller is another one with 2021 contract and with interest from other clubs that is already showing himself too good for 3rd Liga level. Will be curious to see what Bayern does with him? Even more interest is due to being scouted in UEFA YL where he ended up as top assister in the tourney!!!

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    on another note, I do think it's fascinating the players we are producing less stereotypical Germans and more different variety. OBM plays more like a Brazilian player and he himself seems it like that. Adeyemi, so many times, one sees people say he's something you would expect coming out from Brazil, lol. Wirtz doesn't really play like a German either.

the lack of German stars have made German youngsters emulate foreign players. Rhein emulates Thiago, Tillman emulates Pogba, Beier emulates Lewa.and the list goes on and on. You rarely see anyone emulating any Germans. How many times does one read Messi or Ronaldo as role models? Oh someone tell Gunther to find a different role model than Coman, LOL, even though people compare him to Robben/Bale as well.

I've seen Frenchies saying even in limited game time that Adeyemi looked like one of the more interesting players from U17 Euro same for Samardzic.I recall we barely played Samardzic in U17 Euro, spent good chunk of season injured last season and Adeyemi was suspended in Game 1.

I won't complain though, different players with all kinds of skills and skill set is very useful in the end. Those players I mentioned only scratch the surface.Could make future dfb far less predictable.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gurleyen on loan from Mainz, played today in XI for Liefering in Austrian 2nd division. Well good for him that Austrian league isn't cancelled.

was late Winter loan like Feb since that's when the Austrian market closed. He's played 1 full game, got injured, than corona than another full game today. Will be curious to see what Mainz does with him. Maybe he gets an Austrian Bundesliga loan next season or 2BL or gets integrated to 1st team. Already made 1BL debut last season and made bench like 4-5 times this season for Mainz 1st team.

still think it's interesting when one sees 1BL clubs loaning to Dutch 2nd division or Austrian 2nd division. It's obvious those are rated higher than RL is. Would guess around 3rd Liga level.

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "Viet and Senger:
    The two of them impressed me absolutely positively today. Viet has brought many nice approaches to the offensive. Senger was absolutely firm in the back (I don't know the statistics, but I haven't seen him lose a single duel). Brings a feeling of air sovereignty and above all shows that the two have been called up, a tendency that I find absolutely beautiful.
    In the past, especially under Kauzcinski and Janßens time, I was always very nervous and skeptical when these unknown U23 names suddenly appeared in the starting XI. At Luhukay I am usually (cautiously) optimistic-curious .. There is currently a lot of talent coming up from the NLZ that somehow needs to be preserved. I liked Kuyucu, including Viet, Becker (despite everything), Conteh and Franzke, all very well. Especially if Loubongo joins the professional team from next year, there is definitely a lot of potential.

In general, regardless of Luhukay's situation, I find trust in the youth and the NLZ absolutely important and valuable."

23. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yes yes, but you don't even need to refer to this generation. Even the 2006 players generation already vastly different from classic German football players. Prior to 2000, German players playing style stereotype is strong, slow, lack of finesse, emphasize on header.

Even if we look into German football stars around 2006 to 2012 we have lots of star players with different style of those classic atributes. From Gotze, Reus, Ozil, Lahm. The so called player with classic attribute such as Muller or Schweini. Even Hummels, he exude elegance in his playing style, with great passing range as a CB. We could argue Hummels might fit classic libero mould, but still with modern touch.

Ger90 repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what you listed was like just the beginning of things. Now its like huge amount of players too. What they need is to keep that German mentality, a bit too many players with weak mentality. The mentality issues is a big question for the younger generation.

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Watched the 2nd half of Bayern II vs EB, 1-1 FT.
    Arp scored his 3rd of the season after nice work from Jeong and then Stanic got 2 yellows=red which gave a PK to EB in the 12th min. Hoffmann failed to save the PK, Fruchtl is the better PK GK anyways. Arp seems to have gotten injured and was replaced in the 29th min. Let's hope he isn't badly hurt, otherwise would be a season to forget for him nothing but injuries.

then from min 12-90 it was 10 men Bayern. Have to say the XI was interesting, no Fruchtl, Mai, Yilmaz, Kohn (on bench unused), Stiller, Dajaku, Kuhn, Arp (injured after 29th min).

seems like this is based on rotation due to congestion. Like Arp, OBM and Hoffmann are the only real 1st team prospect from the XI.

Thought it was a good game to get a look at Stanic, Zaiser, Will and Waidner (made his 3rd Liga/pro debut today coming on for Arp in 29th min). Have to say did like what I saw in Zaiser, Will and Waidner in the game. Zaiser also had a very good pass that Wriedt hit the post with. On a Zaiser note, this was his 3rd Liga/pro debut too. Let's hope all 3 play more for rest of the season.

on another note, Musiala played his 2nd 3rd Liga game. Yeah still don't get the II upping, it's based on what???? Would say that someone like Gunther with his pace and dribbling could have been a better choice but no idea what's his status is he injured? Same for Dajaku he's MIA.