Auf geht's, Jungs: German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. V

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    U17 NATIONAL TRAINER WÜCK
    "Wirtz development is impressive"

The league is amazed by Leverkusen jewel Florian Wirtz (17), who celebrated his Bundesliga premiere in the 4-1 win in Bremen.

Hardly anyone knows Wirtz as well as his under-17 coach Christian Wück (46), under whom Wirtz already wore the captain's armband for the DFB youth team.

BILD asked Wück: Was it surprising that Florian Wirtz came to the Leverkusen professionals so quickly?
    Wück: “A lot has changed since moving from Cologne to Leverkusen last winter. I am very happy that he got this chance. But he deserved this opportunity thanks to his good performances in Cologne, Leverkusen and also at the DFB. "

BILD: What is your assessment of the player?
    Wück: “Florian is a very clever player who can assess and solve game situations very well. I have known him since the U15 national team and have been impressed by his athletic development over the past two and a half years. It's hard to separate him from the ball in a duel. ”

BILD: In Bremen Wirtz first played on the right, then on the left wing. Where do you see its ideal position?
    Wück: “In my view, he is a clear ten, in this position he can use his teammates well and come to the goal himself. At ten he played his best games at the DFB and I see him there in the future. ”

BILD: How do you rate his prospects?
    Wück: “He is definitely a very big talent that we trust to prevail in the men's area. The most important thing is: Florian is very clear in the head. He knows that he has not achieved anything yet, but he is on the right track. ”
    https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...lobt-die-wirtz-entwicklung-70787282.bild.html

also Papa Wirtz interview about Koln, his son and Bayer.
    https://www.express.de/sport/fussba...z---ich-kann-den-fc-frust-verstehen--36726912

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yes, he had COVID but he's recovered his main issue is that he's injured, tendon injury. This year has been shit for him. Attracting interest from other clubs and I hope he does leave instead of going to 2BL. Does seem like 2/2 of Dortmund CBs have done well at pro level with 98-Pieper helping AB in 1st place and 1BL promotion candidates while 99-Kilian established himself in 1BL. Interesting fact, Kilian is grandson of ex Dortmund player Amand Theis who played Dortmund 77-80.

Mittelstadt is in same boat as someone like Max, no one will look at you for realz unless you play at bigger club. And it's time he leaves too.

I also hope he leaves and with that Netz can take over since he's finally eligible for 1BL between Plattenhardt and Netz should be more than enough.

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    according to Bild, Bayern wanted to poach 01 W Hartmann which does explain the extension. But Bayern's interest in players is becoming ridiculous soon enough there won't be enough space in II in certain position, what's the point?

will be curious to see how they plan with him once he's fit again. If you extend until 2023, aka 3 years that's to either be integrated or be loaned. He's not U19 eligible next season.

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    according to TM,
    -St Pauli
    01-Oelkers, Jacobs, Gunther, Balde-Djalo going from Pauli U19 to unknown
    01-Flach, Beleme, Brandt, Sortehaug going from Pauli U19 to II. I also recall Flach signed pro contract like 2 years ago that activates in Summer 2020, post U19. So might play II to get match practice but could still train with 1st team.

Unlisted future: Munch and Weber

01-Loubongo signed a pro contract ages ago. Dursun another unlisted seems close to the 1st team as well, could get pro contract.

A remainder it's a fact that Pauli values II highly so going to II means nothing. Majority of smaller clubs make you play II before 1st team. Pauli head said that 00-Becker jumped to 1st team early is a rare occurrence at their club.

as for Pauli they do have lots of interesting prospects that's for sure.

-HSV
    01-Stripling, Brandis, Hegerfeldt, from U19 to unknown
    01-Fabisch and Hein to II that's 2 players who trained with 1st team like now. Alidou with supposed pro contract moved to II earlier in season and another training with 1st team.

Unlisted future: Zalli, Ibraimo

5. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I have my reasons to leave out Frauendorf and John for now , maybe they can make the pros but I have some doubt if they can produce and play regularly at pro level.

Sanyang has only moved to Germany 6.5 years ago. He Doesn’t have a German passport, but he will apply it once he has lived long enough. He’s not born in Germany and he isn’t living in Germany long enough

6. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Don’t believe in that news from Bild , pure BS

7. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Asllani should be going to Hertha Berlin

8. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

GL Itter is the most overrated talent ever.... even his days in Wolfsburg, I heard from another agents that he think Itter won’t play any role at pro level (well , he said that about Serra too)

I think he meant regularly role in 1BL

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    we know what you think of him............but who gives a shit about being overrated or not. At the end of the day, all of those tags are pointless anyways. And for Wolfsburg 1st team he's didn't show himself to be out of place at all and keeps being in Freiburg 1st team squad following his return from injury. The door is not closed at all, he's currently the back up LB.

I don't believe everything I read. Just think it's nonsense the amount of players all linked with Bayern whether German or foreign. Does Bayern intend on having like 2 U19s and 2 II teams, lol.

whether you believe something or not, I post what in the news. I mean do you actually believe that Ridle Baku is PSG material......though it's fun to read and speculate.......

I know Sanyang isn't eligible yet but he's not leaving Germany so will end up being anyways in future. And any player who could become eligible is fair game to discuss. We aren't talking about foreign players who moved to 16 for footballing reasons. No one is allowed to move for footballing season before 16 and 16 is only for EU, foreign moving is 18. So all of these players who have been in Germany for like 6-7+ years came for family reasons. His family are refugees, no?

as for John he's one of the lucky few U19 players training with 1st team, so he's doing something right. As for Frauendorf the 04 is being linked to poaching and although I doubt the 02 makes the 1st team, although seen + mention towards him throughout season. Hoff has some interesting youth players but they can't all make it.

questionable move and a ton of competition between Ngankam, Hadziavdic, Rolke, Wollschlager, Winkler, Tekin etc.

last season Union highlighted Asllani as a player they want to integrate into 1st team and now doing a Julius Kade and moving to rival Berlin club. Goood way to make yourself hated.

Maciejewski who got Union pro contract at least moved from Hertha in Union U17 not this close to pro level.

makes me wonder if Union weren't going to integrate much. So far that club has integrated 0........

10. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Sanyang moved To Germany when he was 10. Still he spent most of his life in Africa so I won’t count him as German yet. He could or couldn’t be Eligible. I wouldn’t say he’s an option for the German National team YET, we aren’t that desperate.

and to be honest, I think other players at his position have higher potential

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    some think that Hartmann extension into 2023, 3 years post U19 and while being injured is sign that he'll be integrated.

no idea what Nagelsmann will do but I'll believe it when I see it when it comes to Leipzig and integration. Would not be surprised one bit if he spends entire season just training with 1st team with a few pity games and then dumped on loan in 2021 for a season.

I see too many teams with no II who just keep around young players out of U19 and don't do anything for a season until they leave.......some it's all about the dfl German requirements too........

so Leizpig has 6 pro contracts, debatable if they are legit or based on wanting 12 Germans when they don't have many.

01-Krauss and Jakel confirmed to go on loan
    01-Talabidi and Hartman=Unknown future next season
    02-Schreiber and Borkowski will likely continue to play U19

12. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Rolke will develop as winger or SS/AM. He is a Schuerrle type anyway

Wollschalger and Winkler aren’t relevant. Wollschalger might opt to leave, he isn’t happy in Hertha n he’s not performing too. Either he wants to leave the club or the club might not need him.

Doubt Winkler and Tekin are some players who will develop as rotational players for a 1BL club and play regularly (important)

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not counting him as German until he's officially one but doesn't mean he can't be brought up in here. Kabadayi isn't counted as German even though he's born there and yet we talk about him all the time.

and 10 years old is not moving for football reasons anyways.

whether he's good enough for dfb or not, whatever. Vast majority of players won't be good enough for dfb and it has 0 to do with desperation.

one more option ain't going to make any difference.

14. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Robert Ramsak’s parents are both Slovenian. Even Robert was born in Germany , but since we don’t know if his parents have passport or not when Robert was born , it’s still not sure if it will be another Asllani or Yusuf Kabadayi case

15. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As far as I know , Ramsak has a German passport

16. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    From a parent of a player from the Rostock U17 team (Her son is born in 2003)

She claimed Wollschalger was not even that good for Rostock and she was surprised that Hertha wanted Wollschalger and later he was nominated by youth NT.

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that's not my point, next season, Rolke, Wollschlager, Tekin and Winker will all be in U19 whether some are 1BL material or not, doesn't change that. As for Rolke I recall how during season you kept talking about 03 called up a CF in Rolke when Gedikli and Matanovic were injured and now your like he'll dev elsewhere and there lies issues with playing Sieb (who seems playable elsewhere) or Rolke then. If any position is obsolete it's not AM it's SS which is basically 2 CFs and most don't play that and that's one less player in midfield too.

I mean you really think that Hertha will promote AND integrate Ngankam, Asllani and Hadziavdic. Not counting their 05-onwards. That's already way too much.

I prefer we have CFs at different clubs, too many in same clubs is them eating each other's playing time and blocking each other.....even if they don't make it at their current clubs, barely playing will make it harder to find future club.

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not huge on him from what I've seen, a lot of hype for being tall. He's useful for plan B but would rather play Rolke or Hadziavdic. I mean it makes sense if you want more CFs option for a club though.

Is 03 age group even a good one for CFs???

Now this question isn't about individual quality like "oh we got Gedikli and Matanovic" but more about how many good 03 CFs there are? It's a NUMBER question.

19. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wollschläger imo will leave soon, he might not meet up with that standard

many question marks about Tekin and Winkler.

I think Jessic and Rolke have good chance to be developed as wingers. Rolke hasn’t shown any sign that his physique can improve a lot to be a CF at pro level.

Actually Rolke + Sieb partnership might work up front in a 2 striker setup. Apparently Maxi Schmid when healthy can be called up too, but when Matanovic and Gedikli are healthy, 3rd striker can be someone versatile like Sieb or Rolke. It makes sense because both can play at other position too, when they play at CF it’s like a last resort.

best CFs in 2003 should be Matanovic, Gedikli and Schmid. But they will bring in 2 pure CFs with 3rd one who is more versatile so it won’t waste up a spot in the roster

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    is it me or does Germany have an odd and even age group thing going on. Like if I look at how many relevant CFs, key word relevant there are in 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04 for example. Why do I come out with overall 98, 00, 02, 04 are better CF age groups than 99, 01, 03, lol. I mean cheat and go far back to, 96 CF age group is better than 97, LOL.

like feels like Gedikli and Matanovic are the only reason 03s aren't as bad CF wise than 01 for example.

although 05 seems more promising.

21. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Matanovic, Gedikli and Schmid are the best. Reuther thinks Schmid is even ahead of Gedikli

If we don’t talk about quality then we have Windhagen, Hettwer, Ryan Don Naderi, Barata, Willi Reincke, Etienne Sohn, Koppener and even Danny Schmidt mainly plays CF for Mainz U17 (not Bozien or Trujillo)

but I think 3 of them are relevant to pro football in 2003. I said 3 strikers who can make 1BL N play regularly per age group is a decent number.... 2 is not ideal but acceptable (2001) , 4 is usually very good (2002 for examples)

2000 we have Arp, Burkardt, Jessic Ngankam, Malone, Hottmann, Breunig, Ihorst, Besong ... but still I think 2000 is not a good age group for strikers if I have to look back. everyone lacks something

22. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

U left out Maxi Schmid for 2003. Some players in 2003 think he is better than Gedikli . But physically not quite as advanced, Schmid has grown a bit tho.

2001 is always a bad year for striker. Best is Seb Müller and Jastremski ... Eren Dinkci plays mainly as inside forward, not a typical 9 either. Seb Muller, Jastremski, Kevin Schade and Glatzel ... that’s very weak ...

23. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    2004 Hadziavdic, Moukoko, Semin Kojic, Topp

I am not sure about Diehl and Max Wagner. While Kabadayi prefers to play as winger so he’ll more likely to develop there

2005 Ricardo Wagner, Nelson Weiper, Samuel Unsöld ... something similar to 2003 imo.
    Dudock, Pejcinovic and Opetha we need time to observe.

2006 have good strikers : Konig, Jermaine Jann, Ramsak and Mignano ... Bence Dardai too maybe but he is very very small for his age. Has to wait for a growth spurt before we can evaluate. Like his eldest brother Palko Dardai has very very bad physicality even at his age. Their father is not big too, doubt Bence will be a striker type in 1BL

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah I forget, Schmid who I do rate too and hope he makes it at Koln which I've been mentioning here for last week when talking about Koln youth.

but it's more iffy CF age group. Barata if he doesn't get poached by Portugal who did call him up this season to camp and the rest I'm curious to see how they perform in U19. Hettwer is already drawing attention though.

Danny Schmidt is a weird one, you say he sees himself as AM but I kind of see him more of a CF, which is why him playing there makes sense. Bobzien isn't a CF and Trujillo who is skilled is the one who fits more AM. Those 3 together have made a great team. So Mainz got Burkardt, Schmidt (question mark if it's his future), Mekoma (get his head straight) and Weiper for options. That's not too bad for a small club.

I mean no one is perfect and they are still young enough to work on their game. It's too early to tell. Like how many times do we see a CF who enhances his skills over the years. Like sucked at this part but now very good at it.

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    maybe not for dfb talk since we do need specific type of cfs.

but Ruckert, Gudra, Dursun, Konigsdorffer, Makanda do seem like they could make it at pro level even if ceiling ends up 2BL or barely barely 1BL aka one of the bench options. Basically a reminiscence of 97 age group.

I know Schade is a cf but for I don't really see him there, was not impressed with him playing there either. And then some question marks on if Glatzel can play cf in EPL too.

at this point if we get 1 legit top 5 league starter from 01 that will be a huge HUGE success. 97 is likely to end up with 0 unless someone starts for a future 1BL promotion side or scorers like crazy in 2BL.