Auf geht's, Jungs: German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. V

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Becker first

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I mean really? My post mentions making squad for Thiaw and potential XI for Becker and you reply with Becker first. My post basically says Becker is ahead. Schalke are still in Europe fight they won't integrate now in defense unless even more injuries happen.

do wonder if Becker gets pro contract, still expires in 2020. He's done well at pro level so far even in dfb cup vs Bayern. Rooting for him and Carls to make it. Always nice to see players come out of nowhere into the spotlight.

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Successes, but also criticism
    96 is now concluding the future contract with the same staff. There were successes like the promotion of some players (Simon Stehle, Tim Walbrecht, Mick Gudra) to the professional squad. On the other hand, there was criticism because the U19 are not at the top of the Bundesliga and the U23 had to fight against relegation. Tarnat has to be measured by the words that lead the 96 teams to the top of the leagues - it was said. The reality is different. In the race for the northern German top, Wolfsburg, RB Leipzig, Hamburger SV and Werder Bremen kept the lead over Hanover.
    https://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/...l-tarnat-christoph-dabrowski-stephan-schmidt/

Looks like H96 is extending with a lot of their youth coaches/heads.

from that, only player left for pro contract is Walbrecht who continues to train with 1st team along with Stehle. Gudra is currently injured while 98-Tarnat also trains with 1st team.

but LOL about their U19 complaints, I understand the II one but not U19. Your not promoting the whole team anyways why are results so important for U19??? The only important thing in U19 is dev players not results, lol they want H96 U19 to be one the top top teams in Nord/Nordost. Besides you get new batch of U19 players every season, so of course you'll run into inconsistencies.

I recall this season when RB Leipzig decided to update their youth system they said they will focus more on player dev over results and they were obsessed with results for the longest time.

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

TONI STAHL STAYS AT HOME
    FC Energie Cottbus has signed goalkeeper Toni Stahl and extended the 20-year-old's working paper beyond the season. The players and club agreed on this. Thus, the Cottbus "home grown" does not return to England and remains "at home".

“We are very pleased that Toni has committed to the club and a future at Energie Cottbus. He is a young goalkeeper who comes from the region and has great potential. In addition, Toni is great in character and a great asset in the cabin and in the goalkeeper team, ”said Sporting Director Sebastian König.

The 1.94m tall goalkeeper was trained at the FC Energie Cottbus youth academy and joined the youth department of RB Leipzig at the age of 15. Later he was active in the reserve team of the Premiere League club FC Fulham. Last summer, Toni Stahl moved back to Cottbus on loan and in the currently interrupted 2019/2020 season came to a total of seven appearances in the Northeast Regionalliga and three games in the AOK regional cup in Brandenburg.

5. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Talking about 2000 or after, how would you rank the top 5 GK, RB and LB prospects? @Ger90

I find it difficult myself

GK) Fruchtl, Unbehaun, Adamczyk, Schreiber, Urbig

RB) Vagnoman, Lion Semic, Simon Asta, Keanu Kraft, Kaan Kurt

LB) Katterbach, Kerim Calhanoglu, Luca Netz, David Herold , Noah Mrosek (but right footed)

Not sure if I can expand the list to 10 players for each position

6. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    https://sportbild.bild.de/fussball/...rainer-meikel-schoenweitz-70761560.sport.html

Schonweitz talked about the 5 strategies to improve youth development within DFB

the most crucial thing is : DFB can’t do everything. They only train the players 5 days in a month or two. Clubs and NLZs are responsible for players daily training, they have to obey what DFB have suggested

like the Futsal and Funino approach , NLZ were mostly against it. So how to change things?

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah, fullbacks and GKs..........Not top 5 but other names.....I stuck with 00-03. A bit hard since a lot of players I'm waiting to see more of in next few years, how they dev.
    GKs: Plogmann, Krahl, Klatte, Mantl (rated best 3rd Liga GK and performed for dfb too), Klein, Ramaj, Atubolu, Lord, Ernst. Haven't seen much Gebhardt/Gorka

RB: Ludewig,Sponsel (I liked what I've seen of him over past 2 seasons), Massimo (can play all over right, he brokethrough Stuttgart XI but injuries made him lose his spot. These days with how stingy Stuttgart is, just making it there is an accomplishment, lo. Don't mind if he's fully made into RB/RWB)
    -to inflate list/wait and see how they further dev: Bruckner, Atty, Rosenboom, Veith, da Silva, Borges, Waidner (can play both sides).

LB: Engel (interesting guy and seems between him and GL-Itter, Freiburg could be set in LBs), Romling, Andresen,Kuyucu (got loads of praise in 2BL and deserved it)
    -to inflate list/wait and see how they further dev: Voelcke, Geschwill (liked what I saw in UEFA YL last season, although hasn't played as much this season), Poznanski, Lungwitz, Kehl (can play both sides), Kleinhansl

Any other rb/lb worth following?

1-seriously 02 is really really bad when it comes to back 4 options, LOL. Seems like 01 took all the cb prospects.
    2-guys like Kehl/Waidner for example are interesting but you just feel are soooo far away physically. Kehl performed vs A-List players in Summer 2019 even though he looks like a twig. Also Kleinhansl and Lungwitz seem very close to their respective 1st teams.

3-Haven't seen much of Mrosek, for now Katterbach, Netz and Herold seem to be the best bet for LB. Hard to predict for GKs, since no one subs and 2nd GKs are usually older..As for RB............Vagnoman, Semic, Asta, Kraft, Kurt, Ludewig, Sponsel, Massimo that's not so bad and if some more can breakthrough that would be good. Maybe none end up Lahm quality but they seem like useful/usable prospects.

8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    another LB to follow, 03 1860 player Maxim Gresler.

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Serbia FA can frick off and dev their own players. Almost all the big clubs in Europe are interested in getting him has also been linked to Bayern/Real Madrid , Spanish media liking him to James Rodriguez but seems all but likely staying at Hertha and playing for dfb.

IS SERBIA LOSING THE GREATEST TALENT IN EUROPE: Atletico, City and Juve want Samardzic, the Germans are rubbing their hands!
    Lazar Samardzic is one of the most sought-after young football players in Europe

Lazar Samardzic, a child of Serbs born in Germany, is one of the greatest football talents in Europe. The 18-year-old boy who plays for the Hertha juniors from Berlin is a standard member of the youth selections of Germany, and this year the Football Association of Serbia is trying with skilful diplomacy to get his consent to replace the white "armor" jersey with the red "eagles" in the future.

How much the Germans believe in Lazar Samardzic is best shown by the fact that the young Serb wears a "ten" in all younger categories. News from Germany and Spain confirm that this is an exceptional potential. Namely, the local media write that football greats such as Atletico Madrid, Manchester City and Juventus have shown great interest in buying Lazar Samardzic from Hertha. Sociedad, which has been known in recent years as a club where talents develop best, has also taken a serious bite. Earlier, there was interest shown by Milan and Benfica.

According to the Transfermarkt portal, the value of Lazar Samardzic, born on February 24, 2002 in Berlin, is 450,000 euros, but in reality the price is much higher and is estimated at several million. However, the question is how rich clubs will behave as buyers after everything that has befallen the world economy after the coronavirus.

What interests everyone in Serbia is certainly the choice of Lazar Samardzic's national team in the future. Will it remain Germany holding it like a little water in the palm of your hand, or will it be Serbia, in the jargon "in honor of the ancestors"? The FSS is not sitting idly by, they are working on that plan, but the decision is up to the popular Laki and his family. A very important fact is that the young Lazar Samardzic has only a German passport.

Lazar Samardzic plays as an offensive midfielder, he is left-handed, an accurate pass and very skilled with the ball. In the youth Bundesliga, he scored 14 goals this season and recorded nine assists, only from 16 games. Impressive effect. The Bundesliga has started, and coach Bruno Labadija has confidence in the young Serb. It could very easily happen that the young football player will make his debut in the next round for the first team of Hertha, with which he has a contract until June 2024.
    https://www.kurir.rs/sport/fudbal/3466713/lazar-samardzic-herta-srbija-nemacka-talenat-fudbal

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    said it from beginning, clubs bitch and bitch yet they are the ones who train players and now the ones who try to block attempts at progress. Sometimes feels like they don't give a shit about German dev.

11. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have talked to Lazar , no worries at all. At least for youth NT, he wont change anything yet. HE knows about the "switching rule" (if he switches to Serbia now n play in official matches, he wont be able to switch back to DFB because he has played for two countries)

His friends and teammates are all from DFB, he wants to stay. He has at least 4 more years in DFB. I think DFB always have the advantage like shown from Demirbay, Serdar, Glatzel and Nmecha. Players like Samardzic always wanna play under DFB because more exposure to tournaments and his teammates are mainly from DFB, closer to the trainers and media too .

Most are willing to wait, even preliminarily play for other countries but they all wanna switch back to DFB as the main goal, like Demirbay. If they cant perform its another story

12. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have talked to so many people from DFB. Markus Hirte, Chatzialexiou and even Kuntz.

Looks like DFB are not the problem. Like the source, they have a very good agenda with 5 strategies to achieve the goal.

But clubs are the one who always think DFB are stupid. Maybe they were, but things have changed.

Good thing is, DFB akademie combined with Weiseiler training courses. So the new coaches will be trained under DFB's latest methodology.

But until the new coaches are ready to contribute and make a difference at their respective clubs , it takes time

13. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    U can tell, Koln, Freiburg, Hertha and Leverkusen are having one or two youngsters integrated every year. maybe Dortmund and Mainz too, esp in the next few years will be more. Reyna, Moukoko, Collins and Cisse those can make some impact

Think Leverkusen will have another wait after Wirtz tho. Next should be Gedikli

If Bayern didnt poach Sieb. Hoffenheim should have Beier this season, and Kerim Calhanoglu and Sieb next season....

Schalke will be a long wait. Their U19 are very weak and only two or three worth promoting, one or two can make impact at pro level and maybe one has the potential to play regularly in 1BL.

their U17 are better

14. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If we can produce more talents like Collins, Wirtz , Moukoko, Netz, Havertz and Mbi

I m sure coaches have no choice but to play them

they might not make it in their own clubs (Bayern are too competitive for some positions and world class players everywhere ). But they can eventually make it somewhere else

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -an update on 99-Kade of Union Berlin.
    However, the 21-year-old has also had to deal with injury problems recently, which is why it was difficult for him to find a rhythm. "Julius is making progress. Unfortunately, he has now been thrown back by an injury he got himself. But he is now on his way back. He is doing a good job," said trainer Urs Fischer.

However, the coach does not want to write off his protégé: "If the situation demands, Julius is of course also a candidate for the first eleven or just to come into the game. Or to join the squad," concluded Fischer.
    https://www.ligainsider.de/julius-kade_10421/union-coach-fischer-macht-kade-hoffnung-288837/

let's hope that he gets game time end of the season. Although his younger bro 04-Kade is the more talented of the 2, I still like 99-Kade too. Just been unlucky with injury problems from 2018-present.

-on 99-Kilian and his contract update.
    https://www.kicker.de/775959/artikel/kilian_in_der_warteschleife_und_dann_als_schnaeppchen_weg_

-98 Shipnoski seems to be leaving Wehen in Summer and interest from other 2BL clubs it seems. He lost relevance at Wehen during season.

According to information from Liga-Zwei.de, Shipnoski will therefore not extend his contract with the Hesse, which will expire in the summer, and will leave the club. There are still interested parties, especially from the 2nd Bundesliga.

Speed and the risk of scoring from the wings are in demand, and the wallets are no longer loose due to the Corona crisis. As a free transfer player, Shipnoski should therefore find suitable alternatives.
    https://www.liga-zwei.de/wehen-wiesbaden-shipnoski-vor-abschied/

-3rd Liga is back next weekend, since U19 is done would be nice to see some players play 3rd Liga.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hoffenheim still has not counting GK Klein, they got John and Turan Calhanoglu, Tohumcu, Frauendorf, Drexler, Sanyang etc although some of these seem like they could be poached. So far Beier has done well in 1BL, it's why I'm not enthused about Sieb to Bayern since he was headed for Hoff 1st team......

Schalke is not really a long wait since most clubs won't promote too much anyways. 2-3 worth promoting in a span of 2 years isn't bad numbers.

there are more top talents than the ones you listed. All in all I think there is 0 to worry about in terms of German players. Some might need more time but big deal, it might not always look good for youth NT but who cares. Would rather win 1 WC in next 20 years than every youth tourney available.

Thing about Bayern is between 3rd Liga, you skip RL, it's pro level. Getting higher level loan will be easier and attracting interest from other clubs including 1BL will also be there. So that's the benefit of that club even if you don't jump directly to 1st team. The key aspect is II needs to stay in 3rd Liga for good, no relegation at anytime.

17. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Member

May 21, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Besides Katterbach I dont know who they are BUT I WANT EVERBODY of them always be selected before freaking Hector on the left back position.
    Every bundesliga youth league left back is better than him.

In the future when Low scroll to the Koln I badly hope he will pick Katterbach before midfielder Hector.

Halstenberg and Katterbach seems like solid choice for the next Euro

18. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Member

May 21, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    And Gosens ofc if he dont opt out to play for Netherlands

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pro contracts to 02-Schreiber (GK), 02-Borkowski (CF) and extension for 01-Hartmann. 3 talented kids but will they get any integration? Nagelsmann said he prefers to integrate attacking players over defensive ones. So will Borkowski and Hartmann be so? Hartmann currently injured though.

Junior bulls receive professional contracts +++
    Tim Schreiber. Dennis Borkowski. Two young bulls. Two who have now signed their first professional contract with RB Leipzig. The 18-year-old goalkeeper Tim Schreiber received a contract until June 30, 2022, the license player contract from striker Dennis Borkowksi (18) runs until June 30, 2023.

Youngster Fabrice Hartmann (19) was also able to remain tied to our club: his professional contract was extended until June 30, 2023.

Dang, you know they are 100% half-assing since regular pro contracts, Has club, coaches and players commenting on the contract, lol. Interesting though, Hartmann's contract runs 3 years post U19, Borkowski's contract runs 2 years post U19 while Schreiber is only 1 year post U19.

my issue is a lot of this seems to be about a club that barely has any Germans there and if Werner leaves than even less Germans too. How much of this is BS pro contracts? So far, Schreiber, Hartmann, Borkowski, Jakel, Talabidi, Krauss, all have pro contracts with 0 integration+Krauss and Jakel are headed out on loan next season too. Waiting on the Wosz and Martel pro contracts, lol.

20. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Member

May 21, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    which of the German goalkeepers from the RBL academy would be the best option to replace the Gulsaci on the RBL goal? And will that happen any time soon?

I read your transitional posts about the relationship between DFL and clubs, does it seem to you that France has a better youth system, as if they are expelling a large number of quality players faster. Where theirs are at 18, the German player becomes at 20.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Low called up Gosens to March games before cancellation, so yeah he choose dfb.

Netz is highly rated LB, fantastic player, can play all over the leftside and seems poised to make his 1BL debut this season too. He's drawing attention across of Europe too. Herold is another one who has great potential.

let's hope that Czyborra breakthrough Atalanta next season, GL-Itter breakthrough Freiburg soon and J.Meier at Mainz. Mittelstadt at Hertha is another promising one.

all in all LB seems to be a set position better than RB.

22. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Member

May 21, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Oh I've missed this one ,didnt know

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    more and more 02s getting pro contracts,

02 CF progress
    -Adeyemi, pro contract at RB Salzburg, already made his 1st team debut
    -Woltemade, has been part of Bremen 1st team squad for awhile now. Has played 4 pro games mostly of limited game time and 1 start. Still hasn't signed pro contract. Youngest Bremen debutant ever.
    -Beier, has played 3 1BL games for Hoff and done well. Still hasn't signed pro contract. Youngest Hoff debutant ever.
    -Borkowski, pro contract at Leipzig
    -Gollnack, pro contract at Dynamo already made pro bench
    -Asllani, headed for pro contract at Union or gets poached by bigger club.
    -Thielmann, pro contract at Koln and part of 1st team squad, although his future doesn't seem to be CF.

Bochum seems high on Hartwig, FCN seems high on Shuranov (poached by Ukraine), HSV does seem high on Pakia but he needs to do better next season.

then you got your Halbich, Kronemeyer, Hummel, Kramny (always injured, shame), Gorny, Tekin, Winkler, Harres, Roscher etc not going to name them all who are the rest.

Progress wise it does look good so far.

24. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I always like Mittelstadt, he need to move to bigger club

Ger90 repped this.
  25. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club: