Auf geht's, Jungs: German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. V

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Only 2 players were rated higher from both sides.

Wormuth (ex German youth NT coach) should fill the Heracles squad with German youngsters.:p I mean Schreck also assisted the winner vs Ajax back in end of Jan too. German youngsters performing vs Ajax.:whistling:

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    completely missed this.

HERACLES ALMELO EXTENS CONTRACT STRONG HOLDER ORESTIS KIOMOURTZOGLOU
    Orestis Kiomourtzoglou (21) is under contract for two years with Heracles Almelo. The German-Greek midfielder has put his signature under a renewed commitment until July 2023. The contract includes an option for another season.

Kiomourtzoglou: “I made a very good step by coming here. I can continue to grow here and feel confidence from the club. I am pleased that my game and commitment are appreciated. For the coming weeks I will do everything with the team to grab points for the club and the fans. ”

"I have made a very good step by coming here"

Orestis Kiomourtzoglou
    "Orestis has developed rapidly since its arrival," says technical manager Tim Gilissen. “Both inside and outside the field, he has become an important link in our team. We are happy that he chose to stay longer in Almelo. That is not only good for his personal growth, but also for the team and towards the coming season, this is a positive signal. ”

3. Isnot what Wormuth is doing attracting attention among German youth players? Or the good results youngsters in other teams are showing plus the progress they show?
    English talents are more and more influenced by the fast track the Dutch clubs and German clubs provide in realizing their dreams.

Ger90 repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well it can't be argued against, the Netherlands does dev players well, dev league. And due to also being a selling league, players leave after a few years and spots open up for new players to take their places.

Brits in Germany feels like only Sancho is doing extremely well. That guy at Schalke on loan was one of the worst players vs Leipzig. Also a lot of failed loans in past seasons from EPL to 1BL.

5. Yeah, it's like a conveyor belt running.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -Serra injured.

-a name not mentioned in ages 00-Nitzl, he hasn't played once all season. Some injury issues but I think his real issue is that he's a cb who's only 1.79m tall according to TM that's way way too short for cb. Guess his secondary position of DM is likely his future.

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Youssoufa Moukoko storms again for young DFB players
    Borussia Dortmund's youngster Youssoufa Moukoko is playing again for a German youth selection after a two and a half year break. The 15-year-old is invited by the DFB for the U19 national team's qualifiers against Wales, Austria and Serbia at the end of March. Club and parents had deliberately pulled the boy out of the spotlight in recent years.

“Youssoufa is an exceptional talent who was exposed to huge hype at a very, very young age and still is. Against this background, just like the player and his family, we thought it was important and right to take a break from the national team, ”explains Borussia Dortmund's youth coordinator Lars Ricken, adding:“ This was the only way that Youssoufa was able to concentrate on what really matters and not only mature in terms of sport and school, but also humanly. In the course of his development process, which is far from over, but is on the right track, we now think it makes sense for Youssoufa to take the next step and play for Germany again. We were in close coordination with him, his family and the DFB on this matter at all times. To be allowed to wear the national jersey is his big dream. We are happy for Youssoufa that this dream will come true again. ”

The striker last appeared in October 2017, at the age of twelve, for the German U16 (four games, three goals). "Now we have jointly decided that the right time for the next development step at the national team level has come," said Meikel Schönweitz, responsible for the U-national teams at the DFB.

Since this season, Youssoufa, who celebrated his 15th birthday in November last year, has been part of Borussia Dortmund's U19 - and of course he also sets other age records here (including the youngest player and youngest scorer in the UEFA Youth League), but in the life of football The gifted have a certain normality. Precisely because it reaches its natural limits. "I can already tell that this is another level. The opponents play even harder than in the U17. And when you play against players who are already very tall and athletic, it is simply different from playing against boys who are two years younger, ”he said to the member magazine“ Borussia ”(December issue).

Born in Cameroon, he moved to Hamburg with his mother to his father when he was nine, initially playing for FC St. Pauli's offspring and with Borussia Dortmund since summer 2016. “Sometimes I sit in my room and wonder how it all happened, how quickly it all happened. Today I play in the Youth League against Barcelona, Milan or Prague - and just a few years ago I just played with friends for fun. ”

The talent celebrates his 16th birthday on November 20, 2020. If the DFL general assembly approves a request from Borussia Dortmund at the end of March, it could already be used in the Bundesliga. National team manager Oliver Bierhoff supports this initiative: "We are talking about absolute exceptional cases, but it makes sense for certain players." For example, Romelu Lukaku (RSC Anderlecht, 16 years, 3 months, 9 days), Martin Ödegaard (Real Madrid, 16 years, 5 months, 6 days) or Ansu Fati (FC Barcelona, 16 years, 9 months, 25 days) in the most recent years in the UEFA Champions League. In the Bundesliga this was also possible in the past. The youngest player in history is Nuri Sahin, who made his Bundesliga debut on August 6, 2005 at the age of 16 years and 335 days - as a Borussia Dortmund player. The rule still applies that players must either have reached the age of 18 or belong to the younger U19 group to receive the green light for the Bundesliga.

"This application is not about breaking a record," explains Lars Ricken in the BVB member magazine (March issue), "but about giving Youssoufa at least the option of being deployed in the Bundesliga at the age of 16 allowed to. At the end of this season and thus three years in U17 and U19 teams, he will have scored around 120 to 130 goals in the junior Bundesliga. Accordingly, it makes sense to take him to the highest level. We want to make the backpack of expectations that he carries, but not even fuller than he already is. ”

8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    concerning the whole age fraud thing that some always say because he's doing too well. Isn't his mother already young? Doesn't he have more than one sibling too? recall reading that. Moved to Germany at 9, so he's been there for 6 years already. I mean wouldn't aging from 9-15 be telling?

also I could be wrong but believe his dad was German citizen before he was born. Otherwise why did his father register him to the German embassy in Cameroon after his birth? Would easily explain why he's also been dfb eligible, otherwise it takes time for someone to become citizen.

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pre-Dortmund he was playing at St Pauli and one can clearly see he looks as young as everyone else. And if you compare his Pauli pics to Dortmund ones,he looks to have aged/grown.

[​IMG]

upload_2020-2-24_12-49-47.jpeg

Dang Son Tung repped this.
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    02-Egloff.
    https://www.kicker.de/770558/artikel/vfb_stuttgart_neue_konkurrenz_aus_den_eigenen_reihen#twfeed

interesting seeing more and more comments at how dfb ignores him, lol. Some saying it's due to having some bad camps, that's it. Which is stupid to judge player based on how one does in a short camp vs player's potential.

I also think it's due to dfb always calling up same players and leaving just a few small openings to everyone else. One a coach is same coach for same age group. Like if your 02 your U15-U17 coach=same guy. Essentially means you could be ignored by dfb for min of 3 years. And a lot of times it doesn't even matter what you do in club too.

I don't look forward to the day where we get a very promising player who happens to be a dual/triple who gets poached by another country because we left player X out due to being meh in some camps, lol.

11. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Egloff nominated for the upcoming U18 training camp. Moukoko and for example Dinkci (first time?)for U19.Pretty much the best players are nominated there

Ger90 repped this.
  12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I believe that Dinkci might have been called up like to 1 camp. According to TM, Turkey also called him up to U19 this season......seriously it's a hassle to not lose players to poaching. I'm glad we also called up Akalp too otherwise Turkey would also poach.

here's the squad.
    https://www.dfb.de/fileadmin/_dfbdam/219463-Kader_Herzogenaurach.pdf

Talabidi, Ehlers, Klein, Gudra, Glatzel, Asta, Katterbach etc are all injured.

So has Voloder switched yet or not? Has been called up by dfb all season but never plays in any official game. Also how are Papela and Messeguem defenders? From that link, seems like Dinkci, Stiller and Papela's names were added later on. Stehle on call. Is Cestic getting Serbia call up?

for U18,
    https://www.dfb.de/fileadmin/_dfbdam/219474-Kader_U_18_Kaiserau.pdf

missing players like John, Tillman and Adeyemi etc and some like Meyer are injured. Guess dfb already knows what they can do and will call them up to the games? Good to see Thielmann, Obuz and Lemperle in there. Would say even the on call players are interesting bunch too.

Asllani is like Voloder has he switched yet??? I'm not a huge fan of calling up players who are tied to other fa. Reason is that if they never switch the chance they got could have gone to another player...

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #3363 Ger90, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    Bayern II lose 1-0 to Chemnitzer. Only lost because Wriedt got a 100% bogus straight red at the 39th min. So majority of the game played 10 men vs 11 and even then majority of the possession was Bayern and Chemnizter were just countering.

Fruchtl, Mai, Kohn and Stiller did well. LOL that saw more Mai dribbling today than a lot of attackers. And Mai had tons of great long balls throughout the game and lots of interceptions. His side of the field was more secure than on the other side.

Arp came on the 59th min and he was hands then the best attacking player from both sides while playing with 10. Constantly went dribbling or at 2-3 players and doing well solo too. Had a fantastic chance to score but from the 2-3 players on him, they cleared last second and his ball inched just wide.....dang, another moment where in the box he faced 2-3 players too and his shot that was headed in was deflected by a defender. He's the player who looked to have dribbled the most from both teams too. Used his physicality on other players too to get ball or hold up.

maybe if Wriedt gets suspended could open chance for more game time for Arp.

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    speaking of this, reminds me the Frauendorf bros, who are both born in Ethiopia too. Both Hoff players one 02 and the other is 04, they look mix too, with a name like that and their birth. Seems likely their father is German and mom is Ethiopian but both seem to be fully dev as players in Germany.The 04 was one of 4 players which included Moukoko that were playing 2 years up their age groups too last season in U17.

That's globolization and people traveling and living around the world for you. Also wars displaces lots of people too.

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    its fun how you can find players in lower clubs too.

no one even knew 01-Dinkci before this season. Played in minor club called Borgfeld his whole career it seems. Moved to Bremen U19 in Winter 2019, was loaned back to Borgfeld for the rest of last season. Than this season he plays his 1st ever highest U19 level and he's top scorer of the entire Nord/Nordost, has trained with the 1st team as well.

also interesting to note, that 02-Merlin Rohl, mentioned before here was called up by dfb while playing for 3rd Liga club Academy. His 1st ever call up was in Dec 2019 as well, also has pro contract too, future 1st team prospect. Usually dfb focuses more on 1BL Academies and some 2BL Academies and that's it and the rest gets ignored. Even 2BL Academies players if one is honest it's usually things like player gets pro contract or breaksthrough 1st team that makes dfb interested in them, LOL.

Leweling, Ehlers, Bella-Kotchap, Flach (has pro contract and seems like a player earmarked for 1st team starting in Summer 2020-onwards), Stehle, Egloff etc. These are all players that dfb only started to show interest after they made career progress. It's shallow way to look at things but reality.

players who get ignored by dfb usually best way to get into youth NT is breakthrough your club at high level. Less we forget that Jakobs was never called up at any level and we show interest only after he made 1BL but it seems like its too late for us as Senegal seems poised to poach him. Play U21 until 2021 or get chance to play Senegal and qualify for 2022 WC???

16. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dinkci actually played for turkish U19 in early february vs.Slowenia

Ger90 repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    wonder if he accepts the call up or not? Get the feeling if he doesn't play for Turkey now he'll play there by the time we hit U21. It's way too hard to keep everyone these days. Only way to keep him in program is likely to cap him in the 3 U19 qualifiers. Or if we tell him if he fails to make it that he'll be recalled in U20 next season.

I sometimes wish that FIFA, would just block any and all duals from playing for other countries unless it's for senior NT.:p Nothing worse than shrinking one's player pool because no one can dev their own players anymore. Of course it will never happen.

it's annoying because it doesn't give one enough time when your own players get poached in like U16-U19. Majority of real career progress seems to happen around U20-onwards, why? Because when they are in U19 majority of players play U19 league until last possible second. It's post U19 that every player without exception is playing adult football.

just imagine Dinkci gets pro contract with Bremen and plays for Turkey, that will make him 3rd Bremen 1st team prospect that doesn't play for Germany.....

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Leon Flach is called up by Germany U19 is annoying player since he's a flip flopping dual. Last season he got Germany U18 call ups and he talks about how honored he is to play for Germany and wear the jersey fastforward to less than a year later and he goes to play for USA in 2020. He skipped 1st team camp just to play with USA.

“It's a little difficult in my case because last time I was promoted to the first team, I got injured after five training sessions,” Flach said. “So, I had to do my rehab for almost three months and then I went back to train with the U-19 team because I still had some problems with my knee. But if I wasn't with the US team right now, I would be with the training camp with the professionals. When I'm back in Germany, I hope I get there with the professionals soon as possible. We will see but I hope so. But for sure, I'm going to the pros next summer for preseason.”

Flach backstory, born in USA to 2 German parents, who were there for work. At some point on they moved back to Germany. He's 100% dev in Germany too, has been playing German football from 5 years old-present, that is 100% German dev. If he wasn't born in USA he wouldn't be eligible too, that's only reason for his eligibility.

While this most recent camp was his first time representing the United States internationally, it was not the first time U.S. Soccer has attempted to bring Flach into the fold. In fact, it was the fourth time that proved to be the charm for U.S. Soccer.

“It had always been in my mind that maybe I will play for the USA one day,” Flach explained. “I had already had invitations [with the U.S.], but it was always a bit difficult to get in here because two times I was injured and one time it was bad timing because of my graduation. Now I'm happy that everything was perfect with the timing. I'm happy to be here.”

kid can't even make his bloody mind. Doesn't really sound like someone "honored" to play for Germany. Just sounds like someone who is willing to play for any federation because he wants a NT career. And USA 4 attempt call ups to poach, LOL these countries can't dev their own players. Nothing worse than eligibility due to birth and nothing more.

I'm not sure I want him for Germany.....goes to other FA less than a year later and now returns.....I want players to be committed to play for dfb......

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    out of curiosity is there reason dfb never calls up Gladbach 01 CB Gaal? Never been called up by dfb at any level. Even though he's been praised by Rose, Roland Virkus and others at the club. Even though he's been called 1st team prospect by the people at the club too and did really well in 1st team games. His CB partner Bongard was called up in U17-U18 but hasn't played for dfb in like 2 years now is also viewed by Gladbach as 1st team prospect too. 02-Schorers (non CB) is another player considered 1st team prospect by the Gladbach who barely gets called up by dfb.

I think Cestic and Thiaw are other CBs that seem to be rated highly by their own clubs who are also left out by dfb. And these 2 can also be poached.......

my guess the players they call up are the ones the prefer which means 0 to career progress.

on another note, Volland is out for the season. Shame that Gedikli is underage and playing U17. Maybe Bayer should move Gedikli up to U19, he does turn 17 in April 25 enough time for last few weeks....:p

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #3370 Ger90, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    is 01 Bakir still not dfb eligible? Recall that was last update, feels like he's been in Germany forever, lol.

what was it he was born in Jordan to Jordanian family and moved at some point (no idea when) and still not eligible. Hasn't he been in Germany for like 8ish years now?

at this point Bakir might only be youth NT eligible by U21.....

Bakir, Sanyang (refugee) and Kabadayi (German born too but not eligible due to being born to non citizens) seem like slow status. Another one is 04 CF Sanogo, who I'm sure USA will attempt at poaching soon enough, another one eligibility due to birth...........and Ivory Coast will also go after the son of one of their ex NT players. For him last update was like 2021, no? Man at this point I would not be surprised if Kabadayi and Sanogo play elsewhere. And we have to try and "poach" them back.:p

are there more players with eligibility issues?

I'm glad that Moukoko who is born abroad is dfb eligible, which does indicate he was already German otherwise it would have taken him awhile to become eligible.

21. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

So why did you say this?? so your paranoia cannot continue???

“I'm not a huge fan of calling up players who are tied to other fa. Reason is that if they never switch the chance they got could have gone to another player...“

Asllani and Robert V , in our case, will be capped by DFB permanently if they play one official game for Germany

won’t be annoyed by the “poaching” no more. But I am very surprised that u don’t want that... haha

because u wanna keep complaining everyday yeah?

22. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    May 2019 , Mamin was only in Germany for 6 years at that time;

Bakir is eligible ;

Yusuf Kabadayi only started his application in May 2019. Usually takes more than a year. Should be before 2021 anyway

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    02 CF update, my listings are always random order.
    -Beier, already played 2 1BL games, youngest ever Hoff debutant
    -Woltemade already played 2 1BL games including 1 in XI. Youngest Bremen debutant.
    -Borkowski has been involved in Summer camp and supposedly Nagelsmann likes him. I find him an interesting one, looks like a skilled player with interesting package. Currently injured.
    -Adeyemi,been playing adult football for years now. Made his EL debut last week, most of Europe is interested in him.
    -Pakia, HSV seemed very happy to have gotten him to join their club in Summer. Needs to do better and likely seen as 1st team prospects. Seems currently injured.
    -Thielmann, already played 5 1BL games and regular part of squad. He can play all attacking positions. Although I feel like his future might not be CF. Of course he's never going to play CF for a club like Koln as 17 year old, so deployed elsewhere.
    -Asllani, plenty of clubs are interested and everyone top to bottom at Union want to extend his contract. Went to Winter Camp both this season and the previous one when he was 16......aka underage.
    -Gollnack, pro contract and made 1st team bench once.

Gollnack, Thielmann, Adeyemi already have pro contracts. Seems only a matter of time before Asllani, Beier and Woltemade get ones. DFB called up Thielmann, Woltemade, Beier and Asllani to camp while Adeyemi is left out and then Borkowski, Hartwig and Winkler on call list.

other cfs are guys like
    Kuhinja, Hartwig, Shuranov (poached by Ukraine) , Hummel, Kramny, Harnafi, Gorny, Tekin, Winkler, Halbich and a dozen others

Hummel and Kramny seem interesting but very injury prone while Hummel needs to work on his efficiency. Kramny seems to have been out for a year now......Hartwig seems skilled and doing well for Bochum. Will he become the 1st Bochum CF to make 1st team in ages? Tekin is a dwarf.......etc

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I can't remember, when was the last time this many CFs were making this much pro career progress at 17?

I do think 00 is an interesting CF age group but always felt majority would take some time, and I also count Kutucu in this, although he's permanently capped by Turkey, he's still German dev.

I mean you look at like 94-01, vast majority, like huge majority only made progress or will make career progress when they are/were 20+ years old.

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    on another Asllani note, I would guess once Union secures safety that he'll get 1st team chances. No II team means players have to jump from U19 to 1st team and be slowly integrated. Seems like Oliver Ruhnert is really high on him too.

Union U19 have interesting players
    01-Dehl (captain, pro contract), Maciejewski, Aksakal, Oppermann (pro contract)
    02-Asllani, Veith, Liebelt

-Dehl update from Feb 2020
    Another setback for Talent Dehl
    On the other hand, there is bad news from youngster Laurenz Dehl. The 18-year-old, who had been given a professional contract in the summer, had to undergo a second knee operation. According to Union coach Urs Fischer, Dehl had injured himself during an assignment in the club's U19 in October and had had an operation on his knee. Now he suffered a setback in rehab and was operated on the meniscus on Monday. Everything is going well, but Dehl should celebrate his comeback this season.
    -on Oppermann, I've seen a lot mention that he's better GK than 99-Moser who's in Belgium. I mean it's telling that Cercle Brugge have buying clause on Moser, that's not sign of wanting to keep player.....
    -on Veith, dfb seems really keen on him. Was called up in Dec 2019 by dfb but had to retract due to fitness and now he's been called again today. On another note, Trimmel is 33 year old and only signed until 2021, could this be an opening?
    -Maciejewski and Aksakal both seem like interesting players. I've seen Maciejewski from highlights only and was drawn to what I saw just from that, few months later gets called up to 1st team Winter camp, lol. And I've seen a lot of speculation about potential pro contract.
    -Liebelt seems to have lots of fans and impressing.even getting his 1st ever dfb call up in Dec 2019 too.

lets hope 99-Kade and 00-Arcones also gets 1st team chances when safety is secured. Nothing worse than just training all season since no II team. On loan, 98-Taz is doing really well, what they do with him come Summer will be intriguing. 99-Maloney on loan in 3rd Liga, who knows where that ones's future lies.