Attn: Peter Wilt...Chances of a Cubs broadcast???

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by zlzfire, Oct 9, 2003.

1. zlzfire

zlzfire New Member

Jun 28, 2001
    Frankfort, IL
    This question is directed towards PW or anybody else who may have a clue...Is there any chance that the Cubs game will be broadcast at all during the game? I couldnt care less, but I have a group of over 25, and there are a few concerned. I know this was brought up in another thread, but I couldnt remember where.

Thanks
    Zak

2. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this is a bad idea. People at the Fire game should be concentrating on the field in front of them notwatching basball on the video screens. Just have the people tape the cub game. They can watch it when they get home.

3. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I have a feeling it'll be on some of the concourse tvs. The PA announcer may give updates, but like PW said "I'll give Cubs updates during our game when they give Fire updates at theirs". Which is fair.

If I were you, I'd bring a radio just in case.

4. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    That's an awesome quote.

And Go Sox!

5. DeGregorus

DeGregorus Member

Oct 24, 1999
    Seis Esquinas
    Re: Re: Attn: Peter Wilt...Chances of a Cubs broadcast???

----What he said. {emphasis added by me}

6. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    updates

i did say that, but from a practical matter, some of the concourse TVs will have it on and the video board will update the score once at halftime and again toward end of Fire game....of course if the Fish are flying, there may be a few more updates ;) not counting on it though - this seems to be their year.

peter

7. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Re: updates

Because you're the best GM in the league, I'll let your little grammar mistake slide here!

If you guys really want to catch the wave of Cubs popularity (also called sucking up in the name of exposure), for one game you could change the name of the team to the Chicago "Prior" and see what kind of pub that gets you.

You can thank me later for this idea.

The Cubs, in turn, could come up with soccer-related nicknames for their players.

Kerry "don't EVER call me AJ" Wood.

Carlos "I'm not Octavio" Zambrano (even though I can't play with a lead, just like OZ)

Dusty "Huddock" Baker

Moises Alou alou, alou.. a-lou, a-lou"

And so on...