Attention: Write to Jonathan De Guzman

Discussion in 'Canada' started by RedandWhite, Dec 17, 2005.

1. RedandWhite

RedandWhite Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Canada
    This is on the Vs board. I thought I might as well post it over here. C'mon guys, mail him and show him some Canadian support!!!

Feyenoord FC
    Stadion Feijenoord
    Van Zandvlietplein 13,
    3077 AA Rotterdam
    Netherlands

OR

Feyenoord Supportersvereniging
    Postbus 24036
    3007 DA Rotterdam
    Netherlands

Let show that Canada needs him!!!!

2. narduch

narduch New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    I'm thinking of sending him a post-card with the Canadian flag on the front, instead of a full letter.

3. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    No thanks, it's an honour to play for one's country not the other way around.

4. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

so did you send it? i bet he doesnt even read them. on a soccer players free time, i dont think they want to open letters from fans. I think they would rather see their family or go to a bar or hang around teammates or just going out at night time. hes a millionaire, who knows maybe he got someone to read it to him. but i dont think they read stuff from any random fan.

5. I am sorry, but I have to disagree with you. First he isnot a millionaire (yet) because he just got a professional contract and second this is a nice guy who loves his fans and all the young players love to receive fanmail. So if you have a message for him, donot hesitate and send him your feelings, but keep it civilized. By the way, he was on the front page of one of the leading soccer magazines of Holland this week, Voetbal International, and the verdict was very upbeat (and not only in that magazine) and that is an understatement. Superstar soccer legends as Van Hanegem describe him as the new Zidane. And that was in my opinion the best player of the last decade! So for your Canadian sake I hope he will choose the maple leaf team.
    There is a reason to want him to choose for his original country.
    The charm of national teams is that you have to do with whatever talents your country breads as in contrast with club soccer teams, where the one with the biggest pockets filled with oil dollars buy the best players and so in fact buy the prizes they win.