Attention Plymouth Red: What can you tell us about...

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by NattyBo, Nov 20, 2004.

1. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A63575-2004Nov19.html

Heard anything about this in your media yet? I guess you all scouted him during the friendly...

2. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    if he has to go somewhere let it be NFFC, and then come for another friendly in summer :D

3. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I was hoping this was an update on my B-day monkee :D

(Please Please Dave!!! :D)

--Nelsen to Forest would not be as "glamorous" as Arsenal of course but I would love it. We couldnt give a cooler bunch of fans a cooler/better player. From what I saw when Forest was here they could definately use some size as well. (Not a good thing when the vertically challenged DC United towers over most your guys)

4. mikedett

mikedett New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Springfield, Va. USA
    Club:
    DC United
    You and that damn monkey...Adele gonna be jealous :eek:

5. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I'd love to see Nellie go to Forest. As long as they promise not to break his ankle. :D

Just looked at the table. Is it likely that Forest will get relegated to whatever the hell they're calling the former 3rd Division these days? Nellie could certainly help them avoid that. Getting to the Premiership seems to be extremely unlikely this season though.

6. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    if they keep sucking ass they might. however they are determined to open the wallet and bring in 5 new players at the break. this was a team on paper who should have challenged for a promotion place.

one faint hope--palace was worse off last year at this point and still won promotion.

7. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    dear nellie,

tape your ankles

8. Plymouth Red

Plymouth Red New Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Plymouth UK & NG2
    Sorry guys no quick reply but been up in Nottingham cheering on Forest and guess what, we beat Reading who could have gone top if they had won, but hey, on the day, they looked the team at the bottom and we looked the team at the top!

Also attended the Players Sponsorship Luncheon on the Monday and mentioned Nellie's name to a few players and they gave blank looks? Would be an assett here so keeping my fingers crossed. Unfortunately BFJ (Big Fat Joe) wasn't there otherwise I would have asked him. Apparently he was out 'scouting' for new talent and the rumours are that we will have 3 new faces in by next week (this rumour seems to be a weekly rumour though these days so not holding my breath).

Drove up myself and leg good. Even better news today is that I no longer need that damn leg brace and can even think about getting rid of my walking crutches as well once confidence comes ebbing back!!

Got a superb photograph of John Thompson and Gareth Taylor holding the Barra-Brava flag at the sponsorship luncheon which I will forward on to Rob.

Happy Thanksgiving by the guys and gals and Monkee!!

9. Plymouth Red

Plymouth Red New Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Plymouth UK & NG2
    Benny kicked the damn grass at Forest!! The grass is shorter these days though :D

10. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

how ironic, you all beat a team with another former United player. Did Bobby Convey play?

11. Plymouth Red

Plymouth Red New Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Plymouth UK & NG2
    No Bobby didn't play but was one of the subs on the bench but never made it on to the field of play...............

12. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Big surprise there :D

--I'd put Monkee a slight notch above Convey. At least he adds something to a team :D

13. donnytree

donnytree New Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Doncaster, UK
    Monkee is one heck of a team player. As for Nellie, looks like Blackburn will be his port of call.

14. Plymouth Red

Plymouth Red New Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Plymouth UK & NG2
    Yes Blackburn are sniffing around him at the moment but who knows if BFJ gets the boot and we get Sir Bobby Robson in then he may change his mind.

Nellie that is not Monkee...........he is going nowhere.

For McOwen............your Monkee is in the process of growing up!!