Attendance's prediction for the semifinals.

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Juan Luis Guerra, Oct 26, 2003.

1. greenbill

greenbill New Member

Apr 30, 2003
    York, PA
    You guys are forgetting to look at one of the most important factors: THE WEATHER!

For Saturday:
    DC - Party Cloudy - 75 deg !!!
    LA - Morning Showers - 60 deg
    NY - Partly Cloudy - 73 deg !!!

Tuesday:
    DEN - Mostly Cloudy - 47 deg :(

2. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    A big crowd is expected at the Coliseum (85,000) for the USC-WSU game, which begins at 4:00. The Galaxy-Quakes game begins at 7:00. I have tickets to both games. Will I be able to pull the football-futbol doubleheader again? Doubtful. I may be able to catch at least part of the second half of the soccer match.

There are a lot of great college football matchups this weekend. It's hard to predict how much impact, if any that will have on the MLS playoff attendance figures.

3. Quango

Quango BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Yea, the weather in Denver may be an issue. It's cold as hell now, but should warm up a bit by next Tues. It will be cold no matter what at 7:30pm, though (the sun is behind the mountains by 4:30pm). The Rapids are offering cocoa/coffee and two free lift tickets to some ski area if you buy 4 tickets. That might draw a few people.

Quango

4. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    NY-16k
    DC-16k
    LA-22k
    Col-5k
    SJ-10k
    CHI-18k
    KC-10k
    NE-10k

In denver on Tueday 46 for the high 26 for the low means in the 30s for the game. No TV coverage for the last 3 games. No local advertising. Tuesday night game. (Unusual night). Avs are playing. 5K would take a miracle.

5. greenbill

greenbill New Member

Apr 30, 2003
    York, PA
    Someone please explain this one to me. Why would they do this? Is college football there on Saturday?

6. gswitatrophy

gswitatrophy Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Tillamook, Oregon
    yeah its like 60 degrees as i walk around campus at class. damn la sports fans are pu**ies when it comes to the weather. id say if things arent clear sat morning 20k announced. if they are clear and nice well sell it out. the usc game i dont think will have a ton of affect on the crowd if they were playing ucla that would be another story. good luck to everyone at the gate.

7. Juan Luis Guerra

Juan Luis Guerra Red Card

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    60 degree is perfect for soccer. With the atmosphere, it will feel like 75 degree. If its' 80 then its too hot to handle. It will be a perfect day for soccer tomorrow. A sold out again.

8. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Wrong.Only 15,000 at dc
    20,000 in la
    10,000 in ny/nj

9. Juan Luis Guerra

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    i was very disappointed with last night's attendance. I thouhgt both DC and the Metros could haven much better. This is the reason why both DC and NY suck so much.They will never win like this. They really suck

10. Eastern Bear

Eastern Bear Member+

Feb 27, 1999
    Great Falls, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    It's too bad DCU didn't include a playoff ticket in the season ticket package this year. Last night was probably the best walk-up crowd DCU had all season. Unfortunately, many (2/3rds or more) of the regular season holders weren't at the game. Realy bizzare. It was still one of the better atmosphere's of the season though.

11. Juan Luis Guerra

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    Bear, with all your respect that is bull S***. When u want to go to a game, u just show. Dont find excuses now. Its too late for that. Some goes for the Metrosucks. I dont believe in the old saying "if you build it they will come". I believe in that if you come, they will build it. Just show up to all games and that is the end of it.

12. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Don't expect more than 11,000 for the match in San Jose on the 9th. :(