Attendance Questions

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Stogey23, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    So I expanded my stadium to 15,000 this week, and by timing it correctly I was hoping for a big crowd. This was not the case, as I only drew 6,046 fans.

I had read that under "bad" conditions you can expect an attendance multiplier of 20X # of supporters. I have 500 supporters, so I was at least expecting a crowd of 10,000. What gives?

I've won my last two games, outscoring the opponents 10-2, and my supporters are High On Life. The weather conditions were "pretty good for football" (overcast).

2. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    I haven't gone to check, but two things would case the attendance to fall off. How was the other team doing and what was the weather?

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The smarter supporters cause problems with the attendence, I had only 8800 in my first home match of the season, and I have 1300 supporters. It is also like what Chris said how the other team is doing and the weather.

4. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    The other team sucks ass, but the weather was "pretty good for football" as stated above.

5. bigbrooklynlou

bigbrooklynlou New Member

Oct 7, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    I have begun to hate the Hattrick weather prognosticator thingie. Last two home games it has my locale listed as overcast (with the fans happy that it didnt rain)

I'm looking out my window and I don't see a cloud in the sky .... grrrrr

6. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Its not based on real weather, you do know that don't you? Its really completely random.

And Stogey, if the other team is sucking hindtit, it will reduce your attendance. Which is the "smarter" fan, but they seem kinda stupid to me.