Attendance Predictions

Discussion in 'Orange County SC' started by outfit153, Apr 26, 2011.

1. outfit153

outfit153 New Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    I'm not sure how much work has been done on getting the word out and butts in the seats but I'm going to go with 3k for the Blues Home Opener. Sound about right? More or Less?

2. LA_Blues

LA_Blues Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully plenty of people have gotten wind of the quality of the team both on paper and in the first 4 games of the season. The Blues are a strong side that plays a very attractive style and boasts numerous former MLS players alongside Oscar Dautt and Argentine legend Walter Gaitan, both veterans of the Mexican Primera Division.

The capacity of Titan Stadium (about 10,000) should make for a great, intimate atmosphere. The games are an affordable alternative to the local MLS teams, with tickets costing $14 at the gate and $10 online. A group deal is also available at $7 per person. Plus, the first 300 fans in attendance get a free 2011 LA Blues schedule poster.

Oh, and let's not forget that the Blues' opponent for the home opener, Antigua Barracuda FC, just beat Puerto Rico United 7-0 on the road. Seems like they're ready for battle, with former Montral Impact star Peter Byers leading the charge. He had 4 goals against PRU.

So, in conclusion, plenty of reasons to go to the game on Sunday. Spread the word!

3. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to think the Blues would be on the high end of USL Pro attendance. I'll go with the 3k range.

And remember HOW Barracuda scored 7 goals: because PRU's only useful goalie was red-carded at City :p

Good luck out there. I'll be watching on USL Live (I hope).

4. soccerhomer

soccerhomer Member

Feb 27, 2008
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A note of interest, the La Blues 23, their PDL team played to a 0-0 draw against Fresno Fuego in front of a crowd listed at over 7800......

5. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd love to see them keep it up. Hopefully Tim Holt is paying attention.

6. LA_Blues

LA_Blues Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mind you, the game was in Fresno.

7. LA_Blues

LA_Blues Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Point taken. But let's not tell anyone that ;)

8. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LA Blues, do you have any pre-sale numbers to share? :confused:

9. LA_Blues

LA_Blues Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't have the numbers available right now, sorry. But a large portion of the fan base are Hispanics, who are known to prefer purchasing tickets at the gate. So any pre-sale numbers would probably be somewhat misleading.

10. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Read somewhere that all Fresno Fuego games this season are for free, that is complemente NADA, it doesn't get cheaper than that

11. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahh, so there's the rub. But still, you get a good season together and decent numbers for a full season, a good chunk of that segment will pay for tickets.

12. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depending on walk ups is nevera good idea. Pre -sales are money in the bank. They are neither effected by weather or a team not playing well.

13. ralphs

ralphs New Member

May 17, 2010
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here are two pictures I took of last night's match. How many people do you think showed up?

This is pre-kickoff. The stands filled a bit more once the match actually started: [​IMG]

This 90-minute shot is more representative of crowd density: [​IMG]

I'd guess a few hundred. I came with a friend, and plan on bringing more in the future, so hopefully that number will grow. By the way, one of us bought a walk-up ticket :)

14. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep

697 I have read somewhere else

15. outfit153

outfit153 New Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    I was way off. I guess I was going off potential for the area.

16. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    yes indeed, what a shame it is

Gaetan, Tudela etc... are still very good players and deserve more people in the stands

17. LA_Blues

LA_Blues Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that just means well all have to to keep spreading the word. 700 is something to build on, considering it was our first game and the Blues movement only just started :) In the days of of Twitter and facebook, all fans have the chance to help build something special here in LA. So let's get moving, the next home game is at Centennial High School in Corona on May 12!