Attendance (No Trolls Please)

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by lurkinginthedark, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is fine but you are ok in them doing this if hardly any of fans come back? Wait I am sorry they do come back next year when we have a another concert. Seriously it is a good boost for one game along with the cash but not a idea to build a fan base.

2. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the choice is:

1. Have a concert that makes you money and potentially exposes new people to your product.

2. Don't do that.

...I go with 1. It doesn't *hurt* anything. Is it the end-all, be-all? No. The Wizards don't think it is, either.

Further, you'll notice the Wizards do more with direct mail these days than ever before. They get the names and addresses when people go (or the names and addresses of the groups). Assuming that it's effective at all (I have no idea), they're building their database...and hopefully their fanbase.

3. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I don't think anyone ever believed having a concert, getting 17,000 or whatever out to the game will gaurantee even a few thousand of those come back the next few weeks. But it's about exposure, and it's about making money.

One thing I would really be interested in is what is the average number of games Wizards fans goto each year. I'd assume they've probably ffigured up this stat at some point. Minus the season ticket holders, I would venture to say the average walkup goes to about 4-6 games a year. And if you give them an added incentive to make it 5-7 or even 6-8 games a year, then that's a pretty good deal.

4. Sam,

Any word on the attendance for the last home game?

5. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever it is, it will be more than 15K...

6. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
  7. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States