attendance? gold Cup 2005

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by socluis90, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Ese_Guy

Ese_Guy New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Sunny Southern CA
    Re: What happened with the attendance US-Cuba?

~30k @ the Coliseum last Sunday

2. Bayern1986

Bayern1986 New Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Houston, Texas

Todays games at Reliant look like it will be around 45k the most of the tournament so far.

I was at the game in 03 and I'd say it was more like 3 to 2 Mexico-US fan base, their were a lot of US fans there and that was one of the reasons it was voted best crowd of 03.

3. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

I bet it is about 50K at Reliant tonight. Huge crowd. Looks like there are lot more Jamaica fans than I expected. I didn't go to the game tonight because I didn't want to get home at 12 and go to work the next day.

I will definitely go to the quarterfinals.

4. RED_HOT_CHILI_PEPPER

Feb 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Reliant stadium was sold out tonite, lots of Jamaicans and of course tons of Mexicans. I was at the Sunday game at the Colesium and I think there were about 55,000+ fans, (at least 5000 wearing Chivas jerseys). After the Mexico-Guatemala game about half of the stadium left..I think the hot weather had something to do with it. All the Mexicans cheered for the Jamaicans.

5. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Expect 60K+ for the Colombia-Mexico game in Houston this weekend. Reliant and the HoustonTexans (Bob McNair) hit the jackpot with these games.

6. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I agree; it seemed closer to 3 to 2 than 3 to 1 -- there were more US fans there than I expected (and more than same matchup in the '04 friendly at the Cotton Bowl).

7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    how are tix sales going forsunday's games at Reliant?

do they expect a full green house?

I was at the friendly USA-Mex in 2004....It was more like 4-1 mexican fans, that is why it was so sweet at the end!

8. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    The friendly between Mexico and US in 03, had an attendance of 69k, and everyone seemed to report the same, that attendance was closer to 3 to 1. I went to the game on Wednesday between Mex and Jamaica and the atmosphere was awesome. The thing about reliant is that it is a very closed stadium. The seats are extremly vertical and it traps the sound. The roof was also closed that night it got crazy loud. I dont know if it could be heard on TV but everyone kept chanting "Mexico! Mexico!" during the last 15 minutes of the Guatemala game. And yes, they are expecting 60k for Sunday, and I wouldnt be surprised if they open the third deck of seats for this game. To my surprise, the front page of the Chronicle had Mexico-Jamaica as its main story, so the word is out and anticipation building for Sunday.

9. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Does anybody has the attendance numbers for USA vs Jamaica in Boston? It looked like a paltry 18-20k but so far I haven't been able to confirm this.

By the way, Univision is drawing high TV ratings for the Gold cup games!!!
    http://www.concacaf.com/view_article.asp?id=3094

10. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    22,108 according to the match recap on USSoccer.com.

11. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Big crowd today in Houston. This has been a very successful event.

12. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    Amazing Atmostphere, attendence rivaled friendly between US and Mexico in 03'

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When will the US be able to draw crowds like these?

13. Namdynamo

Namdynamo Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    When the Mexican AMERICANS in the US stop thinking that the US team is not their team.

14. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    What a random response totally away from the subject at hand, thanks for contributing.

15. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    MLS is also looking at the crowd & atmosphere, but I don't think they have figured out how to duplicate either.

16. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Actually, an on-target reply, though it should be extended to all ethnic groups. No offense, but if you don't want to hear the answer, then don't ask the question.

17. fcdallas1

fcdallas1 New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Dallas
    Announced attendance at the stadium Sunday was 60,050. Crazy loud with the roof closed. When Mexico scored, the sound hit a deafening pitch for several seconds. Excellent! Just an estimate, but I'd say about 70% left after the first match.

18. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    What was the attendance at the final?

19. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal