Attendance for Colorado vs. KC - 41,987???

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by USvsIRELAND, Jul 4, 2005.

1. miguel

miguel Member

Nov 26, 1998
    UxSxAxfooty... Great idea. If Eric gets his papers do you think they'll allow his tribe to put in "slots" and blackjack tables on the mezzanine area of the new stadium?

2. USA_2014

USA_2014 New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Has to be close to the best MLS attendance without a double header - amazing!

3. USA_2014

USA_2014 New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    I just read everybody's posts & about fans supporting mls - it's a shame, I hate it too. When I play rec league ball and there's a big mls game people are like "there was a game? what's mls?" To a lot of rec league people seems like mls doesn't really exist yet. They play rec league. They're aware of the world cup. They play it but don't follow mls. (Or, USL, or the Open Cup, or anything bigger than rec league.) Like the fellow was saying about chess. MLS is growing in popoularity but seems like to most people it doesn't exist yet (hate to say!). How do we fix that? Just give it time?

4. gherter

gherter Member

Sep 16, 2002
    Leesburg, Virginia
    I think the point of the SSS is to introduce scarcity. People will feel like they have to get season tickets to get in. If you move the big game to a bigger venue then people still feel like they don't need to get season tickets, or even tickets in advance. An SSS in Denver could sell out opening day and the 4th fairly easily, then pretty soon season ticket sales start selling out every game. After that, they can raise prices, ask the city for an addition to the stadium, etc. Converting casual fans will be easier when they figure out tickets are hard to get.

5. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Yep, you have a point. Witnessing a fast paced, exciting game may have a lot to do with the fans being "into the game". Too bad KSE and the coaching staff doesn't seem to be interested in keeping the game exciting.

6. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of 4th of July attendance, has anyone seen Land of the Dead yet?

7. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I saw it last night...
    It was a Dead movie alright. Sex machine makes an appearance and the story is full of plot holes. Asia Argento (sp?) makes her daddy proud, looks pretty hot and all the undertones of consumerism are kept with dashes of elitism.
    The acting is not great (it's a dead film after all), there isn't a whole lot of sex or nudity (the focus wasn't visceral, it was social), but overall I wasn't dissapointed.
    The gore was under control (could have been more) and the CGI was used pretty well (to my suprise). He didn't pull a Lucas and show that he has forgotten how to put together a movie the old fashioned way. He used some of the old tricks of the trade and the CGI was just gravy. This wasn't a Lucas- too big for my britches, I've lost the hunger and am only doing this for the profit movie.
    If Romero keeps true to his word, we may get a couple more out of him, but they will be straight to video productions, I'm afraid.

Or was this a rhetorical question? :)

8. chilistrider

chilistrider Together We Rise

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He meant the part about the skyflowers.

9. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Ahhhh.... no, didn't notice them. They don't effect me much. :p

10. chilistrider

chilistrider Together We Rise

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those who haven't seen the movie, fireworks (called "skyflowers" by one character) are used in the movie to mesmerize the zombies at night so that the humans can go about their business undisturbed. I think the quote from the movie was something like "Ah, the fireworks. They can't take their eyes off them."

(Don't worry---that wasn't a spoiler. It's said outright in, like, the first 15 minutes of the movie.)

More than a bit allegorical for the July 4th fireworks show!

11. Hosscat

Hosscat New Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Denver
    This is addressed in another thread about Rapids marketing..... The best solution was to send (hot) marketing reps out to the adult rec league fields to do promos on a regular basis.

It really is amazing how many rec league players are totally oblivious to the Rapids/MLS in general- too bad the Rapids seem to be hell bent on marketing to little kids and suburban soccer moms.