Atletico Nacional

Discussion in 'Colombia: Clubs' started by pibe10, Jul 1, 2012.

1. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    upload_2019-12-27_9-26-21.png

Transfers in and out. In general I think that we will have a very good squad, surely for Colombia (although we can reach far in the Sudamericana) but the main issue will be how Osorio will manage his idiots rotations. We still need to bring another CB (rumors that Braghieri will return, I personally don't mind, will better than what we had) and the GK is another question since Cuadrado for me is not good enough and I guess that we'll have to trust Quintana or to bring back Monetti which is unlikely. I personally would check the option of Pedro Gallese, who recently was released from Veracruz due to the club's huge problems.

RafaLarios repped this.
  2. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Damn... I miss watching games at the stadium.

A little video that popped up in my stream . A little rememberance:

lvbeto and pibe10 repped this.
  3. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #3653 RafaLarios, Jun 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    I have been watching a lot of Copa90 documentaries and most of them are great.. It is amazing the diversity of support that a lot of fans have in their own contries, different cutures and the same passion.

One of the most interesting ones that I saw was This (it is long but worth every minute):

4. jquintero10

jquintero10 Member

May 19, 2010
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

HomietheClown and crzdcolombian repped this.
  5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    maybe challenge of coaching in England will be enough for him but 2nd Divison doesn’t seem like a great move

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Watford welcome to second dvision in 2021

7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Good news it may humble him and try to force him to prove himself in a persistent way in a lower league rather than going to a bad Premiere League team.

Bad news is he would fight tooth and nail to keep Cucho and Suarez there which could stunt their growth.:ROFLMAO:

8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    a season as starters in 2nd divison england under Osirio wouldn’t be bad

if they do well and go to the Premier

neither will start next season we’re ever they go

9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think they are good enough to play in better leagues.
    And I do not want Osorio near them.

RafaLarios and J-Mezzy repped this.
  10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    haha people saying Cucho sucks because his 1st divison numbers were bad

And Suarez all his goals are in 2nd divison

I don’t know I like the idea of a Colombian coach in a big league and feel Osirio could do well in. A team that is mid table or just looking not to get demoted.

his rotations in a small club could work. obviously I would expect him to get his team to the Premier for the 2022 season.

I know it’s cool to hate Osirio but he isn’t a bad coach and his team plays very well. It’s just some of his random rotation choices sometimes gets you scratching your head.

didn’t he discover Davison?

I would have preferred him to our current NT coach.

11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    They are good enough to play in better teams and better leagues.
    I think the Championship in England would be good for him to put in the work, adjust his tactics and see how he can do in a European environment which is a bit more open to his quirks.

I am one of the few who do not hate Osorio but he is not ready to manage the Colombian National Team yet. I think he needs to prove himself a lot more... ...and even when that happens, there will be too much pressure on him from the Colombian media and fans not to screw things up.

If he were manager instead of Queiroz he would probably have been fired after losing to Qatar or something weird like that.

12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    nobody says that cucho sucks....his numbers in first division are bad (even in colombian and in spain) that is a FACT, his performance havent been the same. the solution is to improve that. The difference between performance between second dvision and in la liga in spain and liga in colombia jhave been abismal......

Suarez havent debuted yet in first division. Both have still to show if they can make the difference in the top competence league.

What tell me is that cucho not seem as well as confortable facing experience players as playing young players (that is the rule in second divisions)

Watford is small in premier league bit in first division they have to win...so the pressure will be high.....in colombia league you can have time to make rotation and qualify to finals like osorio did and then win as the team al ready adapted to the idea ......but lose time in first division will affect the promotion....so dont if that will be a good idea

13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    As has been said in the Cucho thread he does a lot more in attack and creativity on the wings. And 5 goals for a kid his age in Spain for a Colombian is not bad when you consider there's not too many playing in that top division at his age.
    Not to mention he came off an injury and his team/tactician sucks.

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It depends.
    If they see it like a 2-3 year plan like Bielsa to get promoted then it is better for him to be in that lower division.
    If he experiments in the Premiere League and they look like crap he could get sacked in the first few months if his wacky ideas do not work.

15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Leeds was promoted in second year with bielsa.....and the reason that leeds didnt get promotion to premier league in first try..was an etical decision to return a goal because bielsa petition......dont see osorio making something like that........Leeds was the best team last year and this........if osorio get that he will stay.............but bielsa since begging to end had the best team in first division....

More than colombian he is a player with experience in EUROPE of almost 4 years....and his performance in second division (as in colombia and spain) have been much better than in first division in both countries.......im not inventing that....the solution is improve that. His "thread" not always made difference and he was changed off the field a lot of times............dont know why is so diificult to digest that he can and should improve....if he want to be considered a difference maker.........dont give a fuk if he is colombian or not....is a player that have failed to be decisive in first division football at the level he was in second division, with a lot of difference....

hope next season he achieved that and suarez debut in first division with good results....

16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The point is he may have more room to experiment and work on his tactics in that league which is not that much pressure if they give him a 2-3 seasons and they look good.
    Of course he could fail too.

17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Within the Cucho thread you could see the statistic that villus brought up that shows more offensive effectiveness. It is not always about goals especially on the wings.
    Making a difference is a bit subjective.

There is always room for improvement and room to grow but considering this is a forum about Colombian players and how I view his performances when compared to other Colombians within the player pool I think he did pretty good considering the circumstances and the context.

18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #3668 pepinointer, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    But the differenice is that bielsas experiments always come with good football and expected results, since the beggining ........not the same foro Osorio...........in Osorio experiemnts teams lost 7-0 or another catastrophic results while the team adapted........bielsa since the beginning was performing well with leeds.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes, Bielsa is way better with his experiments and is a way better tactician.

You are right Osorio will have to prove himself and take his lumps if his experiments fail as they sometimes do. He is not in the stratosphere as Bielsa tactically or when it comes to futbol intelligence.

But I can see a team being patient with Osorio cause they know his unorthodox ways could take some time in that division.

J-Mezzy and pepinointer repped this.
  20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    they also beat Germany.

he got wrecked 2 games in how many years?

you are making it sound like he is total garbage.

the 7-0 his fault or his players fault? After 4-0 Chile kept attacking because that’s all they can do they can’t defend for shit. Mexico gave up. They should have injured one of their players or started hitting them hard. To be like dude cut that shit out it’s over. 6 red cards and 12-0 or playing like p*ssys and getting lit up 7-0?

or do you like how Chile totally raped us in the last Copa America. They wanted to play us as well. Same as England. Teams know we are weak mentally and coached by p*ssys.

as for experiments why don’t we talk about Guarin starting against a Brazil or Playing 2 DMs against England. Or not playing any creative players until like 15 minutes before the game ended? Why so much hate towards a Colombian but eyes covered for the foreigner doing a shit job and fking us over.

Chile beat Mexico because they are better

Chile beat Colombia because our coach and players are weak mentally.

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #3671 pepinointer, Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    Learn to read and have a little of comprehension, i never said that he is total garbace. Osorio´s Procces with time can have good results, but the experimentation could have a lot of problems while the teams adapated.....with national first cycle before he start winning he had terrible matches and was very critiziced....he had lucky that in Colombia you have 8 qualifieds to finals.

1. They beat Germany after 3 years of process.......Osorios procces with TIME could have success..........but in the road will have problems and struggles...a lot of times failures that the team didnt have before.....more than a lot of coaches.

2. That chile match is the worst defeat in mexico HISTORY...........not everybody have patience to build a long time process with these results..........also they were eliminated by jamaica in golden cup................at the end..............mexico didnt performed better what they did in world cup 2010 and in world cup 2014.........experimentations of osorio could be hurtful and a big risk to lose points and time.......not ideal if you want to get promotion.....

3. Dont remember Colombia losing recently by humillation agaisnt Chile or England.....

Absolutely you are a troll or just are too limitated to comprehend a point......"you are making it sound like he is total garbage" ridicule.....just read or understand the context of what people is saying..............

RafaLarios repped this.
  22. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Shame on you, that is disgusting.

Those things may be true but they don't necessarily correlate. Chile was better prepared than us. That is on coaching yes, but they had a golden generation right there. They were better.

We tend to think that we are better than we are (definition of a fan), but our players are rarely world class (well most players in the world are not world class), but save some exceptions most of our players have limitations that other better prepared teams exploit. Also our coaching have been mostly awful, I loved peckerman but some of his games were baffling (Our England game in World cup 2018 had abysmal coaching).

Osorio won't fix that. As I said before, he is not a bad coach, but he is stubborn in his rotations and rarelly accepts that a lost game is his fault. In league play rotations help the team because it is a long tournament, there are more opportunities to fail and fix mistakes. National team games are so few and far between that those kind of things are punished badly (as the 7-0 you alluded before).

Osorio needs to prove himself internationally before some one give him a National Team. IMHO it should be never in the case of COL.. I have suffered enough with him with Nacional. His methods on the Selección would induce cirrhosis .

pepinointer repped this.
  23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    In league that you have chance to be champions despite quailifying in 8th position.......

RafaLarios repped this.
  24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Rafa you don’t let people humiliate you. After the 4 goals if they keep trying to humiliate you then you go for the legs. That is why Germany stopped attacking in 2014. Then Brazil scored so Germany went to take them down.

That is why In boxing and UFC the ref makes the guy go away after the other dude is KOd on the ground.

or Sometimes like the Paraguay 5-0 game where Cabanas was scoring from outside the stadium and calero couldn’t stop anything that day. Is just bad luck.

25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That was Mexico worst defeat in history, Also the lost agisnt Jamaica is unaceptabble and coach have responsaibilty..............all derivatied from experiments of Osorio that mayb e in long term can have effects.......but not guarantee.....