Atletico Madrid Thread

Discussion in 'Spain: Clubs' started by soccer krazy, Sep 1, 2012.

1. revsfan603

revsfan603 Member

New England Revolution
    Jun 20, 2013
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    ADO Den Haag
    Just watched the game against Celta, i feel like Atleti were unlucky to win, but sitll no goals for your forwards is not good, griezmann looked really good but its still worrysum. Also looking at the Almeria game a defenseman had to bail them out and score again, these strikers need to learn how to score, I just hope simmeone keeps faith in griezmann because he will be scoring alot if they just give him time

2. revsfan603

revsfan603 Member

New England Revolution
    Jun 20, 2013
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    ADO Den Haag
    good to see the offense starting to click. Mandzukic's goals havent been the prettiest but its nice to see him scoring, speaking of pretty goals.

3. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    I thought Atleti will continue to have offensive problems with their current lineup. They'll still score on set pieces and turnovers but not enough to stay in the title race.

I'd love to see what this team could do with a 3 man front line ... maybe a 4-3-3

----------------------------------Moya
    Juanfran---------Miranda------------Godin----------Siqueira
    ---------Turan---------------Gabi------------Koke
    --------Cerci---------------Mandzukic------Griezmann

I just don't think Raul Garcia really offers much support to Mandzukic. He's too much of a midfielder ... They already have enough midfielders out there. Griezmann is familiar in playing in a 3 man front line from Sociedad. So is Mandzukic ... Cerci is the one that's a little out of position but I saw a lot of good running and dribbling from him at Torino which makes me think he can play a little wider.

4. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You cannot have a complete purging of offensive talent and expect to still be in contention. Especially when RM has a super team full of offensive superstars.

5. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  6. revsfan603

revsfan603 Member

New England Revolution
    Jun 20, 2013
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    ADO Den Haag
    I agree. I think this lose was good for madrid in a way, it sends simeone a message that he needs to fix his midfield, They need players who can play fast through the midfield, and be more attacking minded then the current midfield, I actually like raul, i would take mario out, maybe try griezmann in more of an attacking midfielder role.
    Their offense really wasn't great last year. The only difference is atleti had costa to draw fouls and cause mayhem uptop.

7. revsfan603

revsfan603 Member

New England Revolution
    Jun 20, 2013
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    ADO Den Haag
    and griezmann responds with a hat trick :p

8. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Do you think this will finally grant him more playing time? It seems like he's not being properly utilized under Simeone, which is not something I expected.

Congratulations on the win. :)

9. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Well it'll be hard to keep Griezmann out after that hat trick. I wonder if the can make Mandzukic/Griezmann partnership work.

I'm really impressed with Gimenez ... I think he's the best young center back in Europe ... better than Varane

10. revsfan603

revsfan603 Member

New England Revolution
    Jun 20, 2013
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    ADO Den Haag
    #60 revsfan603, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
    Fernando Torres to Atletico, I don't really know if this was needed but I guess if hes cheap it makes a bit of sense he could add some good minutes when mandzukic needs rest. Will be interesting to see what atleti do this window i feel like they need more attacking minded midfield talent, and depth to help if they plan to make a long run in champions league. Reus would fill this nee very well

11. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Reus is cup tied.

12. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Torres returns.......

14. revsfan603

revsfan603 Member

New England Revolution
    Jun 20, 2013
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    ADO Den Haag
    Atleti's win today keeps them 2 points ahead of sevilla and 3 ahead of Valencia, but should they be worried about missing champions league?
    they only outshot granada 4-2, in contrast to Sevilla who outshot malaga 12-4.
    It's sad that they brought in another target striker in torres when that is obviously not what the team needs. Hope Simeone can figure this out.
    Weeks ago when they lost to villarreal i said it was a good thing because it would give them a wake up call it seems like that wake up call never happened.

15. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Welcome back Torres

revsfan603 repped this.
  16. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Wow … what a performance … Also very impressive in that torrential rain in Eibar last week. I think the team has found their mojo again …

LouisianaViking07/09 and revsfan603 repped this.
  17. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Wow! I couldnt believe it myself that we won 4-0! But great job this team has heart !

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  18. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    atletico madrid is the first runner club of the sign turkish new sensations ozan tufan from bursaspor.

born at 1995…
    playing area: box-to-box…..
    playing currently at; bursaspor….

liverpool,juventus,chelsea were interest too.

his manager is same as arda turan. :)
    probably arda aswell advice him to join athletic madrid.

19. frbenzema2014

frbenzema2014 New Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    2013-14 Spanish league champions and UEFA Champions league runnerups Atletico Madrid home kit has been released and it is inspired by the 1996 team jersey when they did the domestic league and cup double.

Nike will be the kit suppliers and Atletico has struck a shirt sponsorship deal with “plus500″ for next season as their current shirt sponsor “Azerbijan” did not renew their deal.

The collar of the kit is v-shapped in white colour and with blue design at the back of the collar. There is not much new stuff it is a traditional but modern style kit for Atletico. Blue shots and red socks will complete the kit.

[​IMG]

Boandlkramer repped this.
  20. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Mandzukic has left to join Juventus and colombian striker Jackson Martinez joins Atletico

21. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hi everyone,

Can someone help me here with some info? How many international players who played at major tournaments for their respective NTs has Atletico featured in their squad since 07-08 to present?

If anyone has this info, or a link to the squad for every season, please let me know. Thanks.

22. grizzlyedwin

grizzlyedwin New Member

Jul 26, 2015
    Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Off the top of my head just looking over some of their squads for the seasons from that one until now -- Thiago Motta, Simão, Diego Forlán, Sergio Kun Agüero, Giourkas Seitaridis, Thibaut Courtois, Diego Godín, Filipe, Tiago, Falcao, Juanfran, Arda, Koke, Diego Costa, David Villa, Miranda, Antoine Griezmann, José Giménez, Raúl Jiménez and Jackson Martínez.

23. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Mandzukic and Oblak

24. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Really disappointing that neither Martinez or Torres are finding top form. If they could find a consistent partner for Griezmann they could make a title push. The other parts of the team are functioning in the typical Simeone way. Good goalkeeping, good defense and hard working midfield

25. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Torres hasn't been in top form since his right knee injury in April 2010. (0.63 goals per game with Liverpool, 0.17 per game since he left the Reds). Atletico knew what they were getting when they signed him.