Atletico Junior Barranquilla

Discussion in 'Colombia: Clubs' started by pibe10, Jul 1, 2012.

1. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    About $900.000, or US$300. But a lot of people works on short term “service” contracts, earning less than that.

pibe10 repped this.
  2. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Currently around US$ 230. Nah, just checked. @dapip has the Right one. Still living under Santos regime, LOL.

3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Alfredo di stefano, cueto, roberto cabañas, pedernera, carrizo, falcioni, funes, goycochea, charro moreno, garrincha, ivan hurtado , helenio de freitas, charles mitten, gareca, veron

pibe10 repped this.
  4. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [emoji4] I meant in the last 30-40 years, maybe Gareca, maybe Cueto (not sure at all). Ivan Hurtado is one of my favourites but he isn't a bigger name than Mati. All the other names you mentioned was much bigger but it was before FIFA applied their rules on the Colombian league.

5. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    From out pirate years, DiStefano and Pedernera. In the 1980s we had several players part of the Peruvian and Argentinian NTs, like Cueto, Goycochea, De La Rosa, Van Tuyne. Fernandez is probably among the best this century, but we’ve other players with international prestige like Viera and Perez.

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Goyco, Veron , bauza, torobianni, cabañas (retired in cartagena 2000), brasilians, van tuyne, funes are 70/80/90....so after the fifa rules.

7. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes, but again, for me most of them if not all aren't bigger names than Mati. Goyco was a big name in the WC and then he left Millos. Mati comes to Colombia when he is already very familiar. It's not really important, there isn't true or false here and regardless, he is surely among the bigger names that came.

8. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wow, it's amazing. I believe that living in Colombia is not expensive like here in Israel, but this is really low. In Israel we have a problem that the living here in the past decade became much more expensive than most of the ppl's average salary. The minimum wage here is around 5,300 ILS which is US$1,468.

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah, and also some people earned more than the average salary.....but with this government are new taxes......

pibe10 repped this.
  10. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It depends where you go. Bogota, Cartagena, Medellin can be really expensive in certain areas, but if you live in small towns, certainly your money will go really far. IIRC, for a family of four the estimated monthly cost of living is about 2.5 minimum monthly salaries, like US$750.

pepinointer and pibe10 repped this.
  11. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What are taxes like there?

Minimum wage in the US is what $9. X40 hours a week X 4 weeks....

=1,440 before tax. You have to pay socia security and Medicare regardless. So what $1,200. Like dapip said many don’t work 40 hours or have benefits. So much lower.

It’s much more expensive here as well. Tho government assist these people here. One thing I always argued with people who bitch about minimum wage. It’s what about maximum wage.

The founder of amazon had 160 billion dollars he paid employees double minimum wage and people look at him like he was a hero. He still makes more then they will in a lifetime for an hour of work.

These dudes aren’t heart suergons or the guys who cure cancer.

My wife’s mom works at Aetna who just got bought out by CVS. They paid the Aetna CEO $500 million dollars so he would accept the buyout and leave!!!

You fking serious!!! They are now laying people off.

12. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    In Colombia most people (80% or more) won't pay any income taxes but are responsible for payroll taxes (retirement, health insurance) which can be like 8% of your check(?). The IVA (Value Added Tax) is now 19% and applies to many many items. The nominal Income tax for higher incomes was 35% IIRC but I think it was just lowered and on top of that there are many exemptions and loopholes.

And yes, inequality is a big problem and Colombia is among the most unequal countries in the planet (ranked 3rd I think); It's sickening to live in a country where corrupt politicians buy Ferraris and at the same time native kids starve because the money for aid was stolen.

13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This guajiran topic...is more complex. There is a lot of cosmovision and autonomy of wayuus....

14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What I found most odd in Colombia was the districts. Like if district 5 is super super nice and expensive everything and as you go down or up a district it’s super noticeable.

Like how they away with that shit blew my mind

15. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    it happens everywhere....

Doogs, pepinointer and dapip repped this.
  16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Im medellin where i have to eat

17. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well for eating everywhere is nice actually... But you do have some awesome but expensive restaurants in Poblado/Envigado

There is a place in Sabaneta that is called "Dónde Estela" which has the best morcillas in the world. Also the chicharrón Is amazing. And cheap as hell.

What do you want to eat? I could give some recommendations more specific to your tastes.

pepinointer repped this.
  18. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i love colombian food so much, im thinking tomorrow ill do a bandeja paisa.

RafaLarios repped this.
  19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Im in poblado for these days no problem with budget

RafaLarios repped this.
  20. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If you want traditional food, there is a restaurant called "La Hacienda" which is nice, there is one near la strada mall. but you can go to "Hato Viejo" wich is very traditional and very good. Other option is Asados Doña Rosa. The smoked chicharrón there is legendary. El Rancherito is another good option, they are more common that starbucks in NY.

There is actually a great costeño restaurant in Laureles, called Cucayito. It is cooked, managed and served by costeños. And the taste is amazing. you can even ask for bolis made with kola román.

there is one restaurant called "Alambique" wwhich is colombian gourmet... everything is well done and the taste is really great. I recommend the tilapia buñuelos, the camaron canasta, and mainly, the amazing "chicharrón ceviche" which is absolutelly brutal.

for other types of food,

There is a nice restaurant around Poblado Called Amazza, good pizzas and rissotto. But the best Pizza in medellín is a small place near poblado park called "Ell Zorro y la Gitana".. it is amazing.

There is a korean BBQ near Lleras called 678 Korean BBQ. IT is actually owned by the father of a friend, she is actually korean. The food is great. At the front just across that restaurant there is Piqueo, probably the best peruvian food in medellín.

If you need more please let me know!!!!

Doogs and pepinointer repped this.
  21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I love Korean bbq. Insanely expensive where I live tho

I think I am going to Cali this year my wife and parents want to go to the flower festival and bring her parents along.

22. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Don't like Hatoviejo but I vouch for Doña Rosa, La Hacienda and Cucayito.

pepinointer and RafaLarios repped this.
  23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Is in medellin

24. Baal88

Baal88 Member+