Atlanta Silverbacks 2014

Discussion in 'Atlanta NASL' started by blkbrnrvr, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope so because it has seemed that alot of recent signings involved former AS players feeding other teams.

2. TerminusFooty

TerminusFooty Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #77 TerminusFooty, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    Wait and see. Glad Traffic is out of the picture. Knowing how much they have to spend would help.

3. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe that can be their thing, if Wynalda can keep finding talent, the Silverbacks can continue to do well (better than before Wynalda showed up), is a win-win, AS wins games and can give fun moments to their fans with small budgets, and NASL gets new talent in the league.

Not every team can be a big spender like the Cosmos, small budget teams must do well in scouting if they want to stay competitive.

4. TerminusFooty

TerminusFooty Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From today's announcement:

Jerkunica said, “Finding local ownership has been a long-term goal of ours. I couldn’t feel more honored to be a part of such a passionate and committed group of investors, which we’ll be actively looking to add to in the future.”

Good to know they will be actively seeking even more investors.

5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    more investors = access to cash and that improves the value of the franchise so of course...

http://www.nasl.com/index.php?id=3&newsid=6060

TerminusFooty repped this.
  6. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Pyramid scheme? :D

8. drummer

drummer Member

Nov 29, 1999
    Atlanta
    Have any of you looked at the Spring Season schedule? It is posted on NASL.com. We have four home games 19 April, 3 May, 31 May, and 7 June. That's it. Wow. Just 9 home games total.

9. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The "fall" season will be 2 times as long (yes we know how stupid that is), so you will have 13 to 14 home games.

10. TerminusFooty

TerminusFooty Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. Definitely happy about that.

11. TerminusFooty

TerminusFooty Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are playing a short Spring season because they don't want to start earlier and they want it over before the World Cup starts. Yes, a single season with a World Cup break woulda been hella better.

12. MakingGoals

MakingGoals Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Hey TF, congratulations on the new ownership group. I am happy for you guys, really. I hope this time around when the Cosmos beat you guys on opening weekend it has nothing to do with them having deeper pockets. You have no excuse now my friend. ;)

13. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to be a wet blanket but if the Hardins aren't as loaded as Traffic (which I seriously doubt they could be), I doubt this means greater access to cash and the beginning an era of excess spending. Still local ownership is a good thing.

14. MakingGoals

MakingGoals Member

Sep 12, 2013
    While you may be right in comparison to Traffic's wider financial reach, the new owners have a main sports focus in the Silverbacks. Traffic had many components to take care of and allocate funds to. So while Traffic did their best to maintain the Silverbacks moving forward, the new ownership can give the club more TLC. They are after all the 2013 NASL Spring Champions. I am sure the club wants to win more titles.

15. TerminusFooty

TerminusFooty Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was responding to me saying I was glad about the fact they remain open to more investors joining. Not that this current group will spend more than Traffic.

16. eclipse02

eclipse02 Member

Sep 20, 2009
    The big question will be Will the Hardins put more money into 1 team (Atlanta) then Traffic did 3 teams (Atl, Car, and FTL)?

17. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well thats what I was getting at. Traffic could, if it wanted, put more in 3 than the Hardins and Boris can put in one. But like Making was saying, being local and having a passion (hopefully) for the team might mean that more energy will be put into the squad building than under Traffic leadership.

18. eclipse02

eclipse02 Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Yea all i know I'm just glad to see the Ownerships growing in NASL. Whether if its Strong Expansion clubs, Expansion in Ownership Group like the Rowdies, and Being able to find new ownership groups like Atlanta and Minnesota.

brentgoulet, MLSinSTL and Sam U El repped this.
  19. MakingGoals

MakingGoals Member

Sep 12, 2013
    #94 MakingGoals, Dec 21, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
    Traffic deserves a huge credit for giving many of these clubs the support they needed to move ahead. They were the backbone. Now these new owners can shape a winning club and promote it further. We're going to see more good things happening with the Silverbacks. Let the year roll in, and let's give these guys a chance.

brentgoulet and Sam U El repped this.
  20. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Traffic has been a NASL version of the Hunts or Anheiser... At the end of the day stronger ownership groups at all levels strengthens domestic soccer overall.

greenroom and MakingGoals repped this.
  21. TerminusFooty

TerminusFooty Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, yanks! We'll see what happens...

MakingGoals repped this.
  22. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
  23. TerminusFooty

TerminusFooty Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    I'm assuming it's his brother based upon what I've seen on Twitter, but I didn't want to throw that out there since it would be speculation at this point.

25. TerminusFooty

TerminusFooty Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. Thoughts are with him...