Athletic - Europe 05/06 [R]

Discussion in 'Basque Clubs' started by Quango, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Quango

Quango BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Almost before it began, Athletic's European hopes for the 05/06 season have been dashed as they have lost out in the second round of the Intertoto Cup.

From what www.soccer-spain.com has said, Athletic fielded a lot of youngsters and lost on penalties in the second leg. :(

Hopefully, this will give Athletic time to work on moving back up in the league. Q

2. castel

castel New Member

Jul 27, 2005
    Aberdeen
    do athletic not really worry about europe then? i know they must have a thin squad and the league is their bread and butter but wouldnt europe be a good esxperience for them?

3. Quango

Quango BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    They did fairly well in the UEFA cup last year, making it past the group stages. I guess you need to give your first team squad a little bit of a vacation, though.

4. david_me262

david_me262 New Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Basauri(Spain)
    Athletic vs Cluj.
    What a shame!!!!
    Other year of domestic competition. This Athetic must improve or it's going to fight for fifteen position, at least.

5. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I hope athletic can realy get into europe next year,maybe not a C.L spot,but they could certinly get one of the 2 uefa cup spots.Athletico is a big team,and europe is where they belong(plus thats the only way they can get the $$$ for the debts they have).

Grande athletico.