At what price would you sell Henry over the summer?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Guy Fawkes, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last year, I wouldn't have sold him for the world after the season, but he's become quite injury prone. Last year we turned down bids of fifty million pounds for him, which I would never regret... but he's getting up there. I think we might just have to let him go, but only for the right price. I would feel guilty since he pledged himself to us, but what's best for the club...

So what offer would you take in the summer? Let's say that Real or somebody offered 25 million quid. I think we would have to take it, but I doubt we should take any less.

What's the minimum you guys would take? Or would you even sell him for anything?

2. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One million dollars!

[​IMG]

4. titihenry147

titihenry147 New Member

Aug 14, 2006
    sg
    LOL. I was wondering what was so great bout 1 million dollars till I scrolled further down. ROFL!!!!

5. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't sell him for anything, especially after he said he never wants to kick a ball for another team.

6. deaner1971

deaner1971 Member+

Aug 10, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He stays as long as he wants to. When we needed him to stay, he stuck with us. Now he has hit a bad patch and we stick with him.

He came back for CL play when he was barely recovered to try and save us. He stays.

He gave us a bright spot after the CL final loss by committing to us. He stays.

He acts as the face of the club and never embarrasses us. He stays.

Virtually every player in the world lists him among the best and most complete strikers playing today. He stays.

He fired a treble to guarantee a CL place this year and to give Highbury the final game that it so richly deserved. He stays.

In short, barring an offer so great that Henry himself said, "For the sake of the team, take the offer," he stays. Even then, just for being selfless... he stays.

7. wwnyc

wwnyc Member

Sep 5, 2004
    don't sell him. he had ONE off year. why? he got no rest during the summer because he was playing into the final day of the world cup. he soldiered on and probably played when he should have rested and got injured even more in the process.

while i think gilberto would be better suited as arsenal captain, i can't imagine arsenal without henry next season.

8. deaner1971

deaner1971 Member+

Aug 10, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would like to see Henry recommend Berto as the new captain and use any one of a variety of reasons (he earned it standing in for Henry so much, his position on the field is better suited to it, etc...) to explain it.

9. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So if we were offered fifty million again? Nothing? He's coming up on thirty, you can't tell me there's NO price. I've been as big a fan of Thierry Henry as there is in the world, but do you guys really believe he'll be the same TH14 as he has been.

10. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    Lets put it this way, no club is going to offer us enough money to accept the deal...

11. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A very good point.

12. +Gooner+

+Gooner+ Member

Dec 20, 2006
    In the Pampas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Disloyal bastards.. :eek: One of the best strikers in the world, if not the best, dedicated himself to the club for life and then he is having a bad season for once and so many "fans" want to get rid of him. Disgusting.

I might add that I am not talking about the people who posted in the theard but about general tenor this season.

13. yodaisgod

yodaisgod Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well money talks. But I think Henry will come back strong than ever next season. And Arsenal will have somthing to prove because of NO silverware this season.

14. deaner1971

deaner1971 Member+

Aug 10, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See "end of year sentiments" circa May 2006:cool: :D

15. Highbury

Highbury Member

May 13, 2006
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How soon we forget

[youtube]TnpNnFKbHok[/youtube]

16. zonametro

zonametro ASU here I come!!

Jan 26, 2006
    Arizona
    Henry leaves if he wants to go thats plain and simple.

He may want to go you never know and its amazing how many people talk about loyalty yet they willingly threw Freddie Ljungberg under the bus this year and said he had to go.:rolleyes:

17. OmniGunners

OmniGunners New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Alabama
  18. KevTheGooner

KevTheGooner Help that poor man!

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    I'd sell him for a box of old shoe leather. What a crap player.

19. deaner1971

deaner1971 Member+

Aug 10, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As one of the people who thinks Freddie should move on, I disagree with the "throwing under the bus" reference.

Freddie sees himself as being a player who can still be a big part of a team's plans. Due to his injuries (19 appearances this season versus 44 a few years ago) and the quality of the players in our midfield, this is no longer a possibility for him at Arsenal.

Sometimes loyalty means that you let someone pursue their desires rather than try to make them do what is in your best interest. In this case, I believe that loyalty dictates we allow Freddie to pursue his goal of playing a bigger role.

If Freddie wants to stay, accepts his diminished role and agrees to the over 30 policy, I hope he stays until he is playing with an oxygen tank on his back and trail of urine from his incontinent bladder streaming behind him (tough on the ground crew though). But if Freddie sees himself unable to accept any of these, we thank him, tell him he wil always have a home with us and wish him well as he steps away.

Henry wants to be our #1 and we want him to be our #1, there is no disagreement there so the comparison falls short.

20. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'd sell him for a party bucket of chicken and a diet coke.

But seriously, please don't be offended when I say selling Thierry is right up there with some of the most ridiculous ideas I have ever heard.

21. Red Zeppelin

Red Zeppelin New Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Come to the place you adore Mr Henry...................ANFIELD.:D

22. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He prefers Portsmouth. :D

23. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    I don't think selling Henry is necessary at all for Arsenal. It's March, and your team is out of every challenge but the one for a CL ticket. As ************ as that may be, this gives Henry the opportunity to get some much needed rest. I think that with a proper summer transfer period, a well rested Henry and a team that is slowly maturing, Arsenal will play more of a role next year than it has this one.

I'm off to check your transfer thread to see what names are flying around.

24. OmniGunners

OmniGunners New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Alabama
    That Guardian article one bozo says Henry is finished....next year when he's healthy and nails 20+ goals i'd love to see what he says...