At 1 am, President Bush re-elected..a hope for civility!

Discussion in 'Elections' started by USAsoccer, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're why I rarely venture into this graveyard of wasted keystrokes.

2. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    This night is sad. Not because Kerry didn't win, but because we as Democrats couldn't pick off such an easy incumbant.....I am sick to my stomach right now..

3. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Glad to see I'm keeping the idiots at bay. I'm better at this than I thought!

4. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    here come the BA trolls...

5. thehands1616

thehands1616 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    little island
    kerry is the only fuking idiot in the counry that could have lost to bush. and you fuks picked him so it is your own fuking fault

6. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

Oh really? I'm pretty sure I had my heart set on another Democratic challenger, maybe you have no idea how our system works?

7. thehands1616

thehands1616 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    little island
    did the people not pick kerry?

8. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Iowa picked Kerry. And then didn't vote for him.

9. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

you forgot al fuking gore

10. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Al fuking Gore won.

11. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

if it was up to who the people voted, we wouldnt be in this discussion now, would we?

12. thehands1616

thehands1616 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    little island
    i think that people voted for bush in 2000 because they wanted bush. this time around they just didnt want kerry

13. thehands1616

thehands1616 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    little island
    does this not prove my point. he is a hack idiot who fuked up a lock of a race. anyone else would have won.

14. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I think that's the point: Bush was NOT an easy target. he would've been if it hadn't been for 9/11. But that just sealed it for him. Any other prez w/ his raw stats would NOT have won. it looks like the incumbent undecided factor didn't pan out.

But hey Reeps, you'll have nobody but yourselves to blame in 2006 and 2008. All I know is that the Reeps do not represent conservatives in coastal CA and metropolitan areas. Someday, they'll have to pay for that...

15. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Fixed
    :D

16. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    "There's an old saying out in Texas..."

Have we seriously resigned ourselves to 4 more years of this? It's like one of those code phrases used by the USSR to awaken sleeper agents embedded in the US to sabotage the country from within...except this one only invokes the gag reflex in me.

17. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I'm glad my wife's mother was born in Northern Ireland. Hopefully getting a work permit for the UK will be easier because of that.

What the hell has happened to my country?

18. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Don't know. Come on over. Scotland's population is dwindling, they need skilled labour to immigrate and settle :D

19. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's exactly what happened with Margaret Thatcher. Up until the Falklands she was the most unpopular Prime Minister in British history. Well, up until that point - Major managed to extend the field of human endeavour in that regard. Still, it's important to have a dream.

She was considered uncaring, unsympathetic, economically clueless. Much was made of her being a woman but, as has been said many times since, she wasn't a woman - she was just a bloke with a hole in the middle.

She had presided over the destruction of more of Britains manufacturing industry than the Luftwaffe had ever managed. Almost everyone thought that she was too bloody stupid to understand the effects of her actions and she was even too bloody stupid to listen to anyone telling her she was too bloody stupid.

Then that total nobhead, Galtieri, decided to invade the Falklands... and she wasn't too bloody stupid to listen any more - she was 'resolute'. Y'know, like a donkey's resolute.

That's why she got in in '83 anyway. In '87 the left wing vote was split by the rise of the 'social democrat/liberal aliance. Hmm, the left wing vote split by a no-hope chancer whose sole mission in life seems to be to bugger up any possibility of getting the right out... sound familiar?

In '92 even the tories managed to figure out they were not long for this world if they kept the silly cow around. Labour had selected Kinnock as it's candidate for Prime Minister - extremely bright but a man who never uses one word when 10,000 will do. They also managed to shoot themselves in the foot by stating they were going to raise taxes. I mean, we all knew whoever was going to get in was going to have to do that... but the tories always seemed to manage to keep it a secret. We got John Major for 5 years, a man so boring that he had run away from the circus to join a firm of accountants.

Man, am I depressed :(

20. USAsoccer

USAsoccer Member

Jul 15, 1999
    Tampa, Florida
    It gonna get crowded on that little island, what with all the Hollywood types wanting to now move over to that side of the pond...Our gain and Ireland's loss, I suppose....

Losing your two votes in Maryland could actually make the Republicans more competitive in the people republic of Takoma Park... :D