Astro turf and indoor boots thread - Everything turf and indoor related

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by David89, Jun 26, 2011.

1. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    nope can't find anything to be honest. Even SR4U doesn't have them in, and its annoying. My local shop has them for an astronomical $150, which is nearly the price of the Proximos.

Thought about getting them but they seem so chunky

2. besharca

besharca New Member

Dec 5, 2017
  3. Joey79

Joey79 New Member

Benfica
    Australia
    Feb 3, 2018
    Hi all,

I am new to the forum and joined up in the hope I could some advice on indoor shoes.

I have narrow flat feet and have spent hundreds of dollars on shoes that feel ok at the time but turn out to be the wrong fit for my feet.

I am in search of a pair of indoor shoes which lock my feet in, more so in the mid foot. I find that there is too much movement in the mid foot area. This is especially noticeable when I shoot or go for a long pass. I am a right footer and when I am in the process of shooting or passing, my weight is transfers to my left foot (obviously) and I get either ankle roll or movement within the shoe. As a result, my accuracy is way off. This is only something I have worked out most recently.

I am better off wearing a stability type insole? Or is there an indoor shoe that will suit my type of foot?

I would really appreciate some advice.

Thank you.

4. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Are you sure it's not you that's the problem and not the actual shoe? Not trying to be a dick but if you have spent hundreds on different types of shoes and still get the ankle roll then surely it's not the shoe causing it?
    With that being said i would always go with Nike Mercurial for indoor, Maybe try ones that have ankle support like these, not sure how the lock down is but i would guess pretty good. https://www.nike.com/gb/t/mercurialx-proximo-ii-indoor-court-football-shoe-Yk4Wo0

jayc23 repped this.
  5. Joey79

Joey79 New Member

Benfica
    Australia
    Feb 3, 2018
    Thanks for the response. I get what you are saying but I am definitely not the problem. Old enough to know better.

The link you send no longer exists. I’ll google.

Thanks again

6. Ckot

Ckot New Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Oct 15, 2018
    Of the current crop of indoor and turf boots (I'm interested in futsal, turf and cleats), which ones have the most padding and heel comfort?

My kids have both dealt with Sever's and I always put in aftermarket insoles. However, they have to be thin to fit, so you need padding built in to the shoes. One of the best I've found was the Decathlon Sifter 900, but they are discontinued and I don't have a store here to go check out their others (they also had a terrible "cleat" pattern for deeper turf - definitely an astroturf shoe).

Lepari repped this.
  7. Lepari

Lepari Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Haven't heard of that model before so I googled it. Are you sure you can't buy those from Decathlon's own site?

Of the good indoor shoes I have used I think Lunar Gato 2's lunarlon has been one of the best cushion. Still I don't know if it's enough for your needs.

8. Interista Navzdy

Interista Navzdy New Member

Inter Bratislava
    Netherlands
    Mar 10, 2019
    I will try one off-topic question. What kids tennis shoes would you recommend? with velcro strip or with shoelaces? I know that in soccer there are all cleats with shoelaces

9. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    A bit dead in here but thought I'd try anyway - I'm looking at getting some new turf trainers and choosing between the Puma King Top TF and the Nike Tiempo Legend VIII Pro TF.

Anyone know how the sizing comes up in these? I don't own any Nike or Puma boots, at the moment all my boots are either Mizuno Morelia or Umbro Speciali and I'm US9 / UK8 in all of them. (When I used to wear Adidas I was US9 / UK8.5). So I tend to be US9 in most brands.

Thanks!