Astro turf and indoor boots thread - Everything turf and indoor related

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by David89, Jun 26, 2011.

1. DoyleyBD08

DoyleyBD08 Member

Dec 23, 2011
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Any reviews/opinions on the Joma Lozano TF please?

2. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Not sure about Asics (although I hear they usually fit half a size large) but Mizunos tend to not deviate between sizes. just go for your normal size.

3. kll407

kll407 Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  4. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Anyone had the Nike Tiempo Mystic IV turf trainers?

I got some in the sale in my normal size, they did feel slightly tight in the toe box but I hoped the leather would stretch out. Having played in them once I'm not so sure (because of the reinforced suede type material at the front).

What size have other people gone for? Normal size? Half a size up? Do they break in eventually?

5. Martin Slowly

Martin Slowly New Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    What do you think about Nike Tiempo Legacy V TF ? Are they better than Adidas 11pro III 11 Nova?

6. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    The answer is first hour or so is very uncomfortable but after that they stretch out fine.

serginhobertholi repped this.
  7. kll407

kll407 Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I am eyeing a pair of nike lunargato ii, and was wondering what the general consensus is regarding the shoe? Whats the sizing like, and will the goat leather stretch?

8. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    This is the second year in a row that I bought this model for indoor. Really like them.

I love the softness of the leather and the padding. I wouldn't say that there is too much stretch, if any. My biggest complain is the peeling of the material that coats the front, but that could just be me

9. kll407

kll407 Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Whats the sizing like in the lunargatos?

Is the peeling a big problem? I want my shoes to last at least 9 months-a year with about 2-3 uses a week

10. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    #785 shrtysskat8, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    The peeling is purely cosmetic. Again what I am talking about is the little rubber bit in the front, it just exposes the leather. It's fairly durable other then that issue with paint. I'll try to post some pictures later. But even though it bothers me a little I deal with it because the padding on the sole is awesome when playing on hard courts.

I wear a size 9 just like in my last gen f50, predator, hypervenom. You can't really beat these

kll407 repped this.
  11. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Lunar Gato's are a fantastic indoor shoe, the upper on them is fantastic, Gives such a lovely touch and cushioning on the ball. The peeling they get wont hinder the shoe at all.

I can't wait to start wearing mine again tbh, but it looks like it will be a long time =[

12. kll407

kll407 Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Andrew McCole repped this.
  13. Litmanen

Litmanen Member

Jun 27, 2006

I had these a couple of years ago. I really really really liked them. Too bad they got torn apart in just after couple of months. These are one of those boots that will give you awesome performance with quite a short life span.

If I recall correctly, I went half a size down.

Good luck and enjoy amazing boots. I would buy these if I didn't get my shoes from the club.

14. Litmanen

Litmanen Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Lunargatos run true to size with other Nikes.

Lunargatos are really nice for the players who like to have thick cushioning under their feet. Personally I gave them a week and tossed them away. Way too sneakerish for me. :)
    But... I can see why they have such a loyal fanbase. It is a good shoe - for players who like sneakers. :D

15. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Any reviews on the new adidas crazy quick range? The top two boots look interesting.. But previous astro's from adidas have been really meshy and feel like crap after a few works and loose shape completely

16. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    For anyone who has held/played in both,

How is the nikeskin on the elastico finale III compared the the bomba finale?

I didn't like how the nikeskin was on the bomba finale, it just never sort of broke in for me, I had the launch colourway so maybe they changed it on later colourways.

17. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They run more normal then the newer Nike boots that seem to run 1/2 a size tighter than earlier Nike models.

18. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    I'm debating getting some proper high end turf trainers (for use on old school astroturf, not AG)

Anyone had the Panto Lazzarini turf trainers? If so did you like them? Did you go down 1/2 a size? (or even a full size?)

Or the Akuna PIUMA with the turf soleplate? (http://www.akuna.it/calcio.php?articolo=K5700)

19. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    A
    About sizing I went a half size down in Piceno Vitelo, Dream and Cometa...
    It perform very well

gusgorman repped this.
  20. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Did you have the turf trainer version?
    Just checking because these have the lip at the front of the soleplate which isn't there on the FG or SG versions

21. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    just FG and AG...

22. shadowstriker

shadowstriker New Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Anybody have a pair of nike tiempo genio leather for indoor and concrete use and care to give input on how they perform?

23. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'I've used the Legacy... comfort in a high level

jayc23 repped this.
  24. shadowstriker

shadowstriker New Member

Aug 2, 2015
    ^Thank you, I posted in the nike thread looking for a replacement for my tiempo natural 2 ic but was surprised with no option of fold over tongue. The offerings on nike.com is a little overwhelming now but I prefer simple leather upper, gum outsole and fold over tongue and genio was the closest that meets my criteria.

25. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK