Aston Villa v Arsenal [R] Pre/Dur/Post Match Comments

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by kanonier, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanye_stirrear

wanye_stirrear Member+

Sep 19, 2002
    Maryland

Toure became a right back in the Chelsea game, which was in April. THE ACN is one month long. The rest of the season, they were partnered together. It is true that Gallas is not solely responsible for Kolo's form, but it is "strange" that both players play badly (or not as good as we know they can) when partnered with each other, but both play markedly better when partnered with others (like we have seen with Gallas partnered with Silvestre or Djourou and Toure partnered with Senderos). That was the point I was trying to make.

2. antiwhinger

antiwhinger Member

Nov 1, 2008
    cambridge
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i should have been more precise. when i said many of our players played well -- i meant that with respect to expectations that they would play really crappy like they have played recently.

today we didn't see the total wanton passing we've seen recently. i mean we were up 2 nil at one point. that hasn't happened for a while. so yes, i thought our players (except nasri) had no huge flaws today and you have to accept that villa are a really good side. chelsea and united (i think) have also drawn with villa. i don't understand how we were so vulnerable though.

the other thing is that we saw glimpses or real arsenal play after we went up 2-0. i didn't know if that was possible.

so, i think our problem at this stage is pretty much mental, and that we need better possession play in midfield. denilson still gets muscled off the ball, and song well...he doesn't make it look easy.

personally i was really impressed with diaby and eboue today. how many times did eboue do "a-boo-boo" today? i am noticed how much denilson has improved. do you remember our first cesc-less game -- at fulham, and how horrible he was?

having said that i need to watch the game several times to understand what happened.