Aston Villa - Man Utd Dec 17th [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Motterman, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG] Vs. [​IMG]

Live on FSC at 7:30am ET

2. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hopefully we can gain some momentum and smack Villa around as well.

3. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I HATE 7:30 KICKOFFS :mad: :mad: :mad:

4. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fletch in the lineup = win. Take it to the bank.

5. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn right. Go to break out the coffee for this one.

6. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO

I love em. At 5:30 am my time, I got nary a soul bugging me. I can enjoy watching without any distraction.

Of course when Rooney scores a cracker I have to watch my exuberance so as not to wake the wife or the youngster. Not to say that it hasn't happened before.

7. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Einstien theroy of relativity applies here.

It's 4:30 for me, but I like it. I can have my coffee and not be b*tched at for sitting on the couch watching football. After the game, I've still got a full day ahead of me to do constructive things.

Of course, I'm heading for the sack at 9 PM.

9. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've already set the DVR so I'll just wake up when I wake up and have United and Frosted Flakes for breakfast. They're both grrrrrreat.

10. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005
    Excellent product placement... :p :D

11. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

The DVR is the most useful tool that a Football supporter can own... It allows you to sleep through the 7:30 kickoff and catch the midweek kickoffs after work....

How's that for a commercial..

Oh yeah and 3-0 United Ruud, Rooney, Scholes

12. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure it would be extremely useful yesterday. But it's still not the same to me getting up early (or staying up late in the case of WC 2002) to watch a game live, just doesn't have the same feeling for me.

13. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, if there's a way for me to watch live, I usually make it happen.

14. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's like pleasuring yourself. It's not the same, but it's still very satisfying.

15. NYCgeezer

NYCgeezer New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    New York City
    Fair enough.

I'll be up at 7:30, screaming and yelling. My new move:

the "King Kong" - whenever United score, I leap into the air, drop to my knees, and beat on my chest like an angry gorilla. It was not premeditated the first time it happened, but I've been doing it ever since. :rolleyes:

16. karems

karems New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    LIBYA
    i hope we crashed them 3/1

17. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Not sure if this has been posted yet (and also has nothing to do with the game), but here's the link showing some of our Manchester United players visiting local Manchester Children's hospitals:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/so...0|0|0|56434963|0|0|0|0|0||0|0|0|0|0&p=7&tag=2

I guess Wes, Ji Sung, Rio, Louis and Timmy went in one group and Ryan, Paul, Phil, Gary, Kieran went in another group. Anyways, good to see them smiling and paying visits to these kids and such. :)

As for the Villa game. All I ask for is just a repeat of the Wigan performance (is that a bit too much to ask for? :p )

18. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the pictures. It was weird so see Louis Saha standing next to a hospital bed. Usually he's the one in the bed that someone is visiting.

19. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    lol. :D Hopefully he won't re-familiarize himself in that environment anytime soon.

I wonder if they paid a visit to Quinton and Gabe along the way... but then again they only visited the children's hospitals :p

Hope everyone will be healthy once again. Those kids included, of course.

20. littleman

littleman Member

Oct 18, 2005
    Brown has a MASSIVE head.. :D

21. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I LOVE 7:30 KICKOFFS :D

22. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

That's exactly what i was thinking when i saw it.....

23. Mac_Howard

Mac_Howard New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Mandurah, Perth, WA
    If only :rolleyes:

24. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Ugh! By the time I board my flight for Newark in 7 and a half hours I will have slept for exactly 7 of the last 72 hours. Got up Tuesday morning, was doing essays until 11am Wednesday. Slept from 11am to 6pm on Wednesday afternoon, woke up and wathed the Wigan match, then did essays for 21 straight hours (bar a one-hour break where I had to go and get a fake driver's licence for the pubs in the States). I then had printer troubles, went next door and they had no ink, went around the corner to my moms and her printer is dead, and came back home and in the NICK of time, printed off my 71 pages of college work. Left the house at 8.25pm and got stuck in terrible traffic... if I didn't get to college before 9pm (when it closes; it's non-campus) I wouldn't be able to hand in the essays and would wind up failing basically every class because of it (they counted as 40-70% of our total marks in different classes). I bailed out of the car at 8.52 and had to run for about half a mile through thick pedestrian traffic. I then got in there, and there was nobody at receiption (you need to fill out a form when handing in essays in my college, for some reason), but luckily somebody was still in the office so I literally got there at the final second and convinced her to stay behind for 5 minutes. Got the forms signed and went to a friend's to play a bit of poker to keep me awake. Got back a few minutes ago, and plan on staying up until I board the flight... then it's time to die. Basically, I might need a slightly early night on Friday. Thank God the term is donen ow, and my exams don't start until January 10th. You'll probably need to throw a glass of water over my face to wake me on Saturday. :p

I also found out that I might be going to Amsterdam from December 27th-30th for just €100 with a few mates. If I get that sorted as soon as I get back, it's going to be a FUN holiday period.

But I'm going to be good as dead by the end of it. :( :D

25. 50 Euro

50 Euro Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Washington, DC
    I was in way too many situations like that in my college days...

Well, good to see Billy has a ready-made excuse for passing out in the pub come Saturday. ;)