Aston Villa-Fulham [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by EstebanGranero23, Aug 25, 2007.

1. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-0 @ the half. 6' Clint Dempsey. :D

Kasey Keller started in goal.

2. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're going down, aren't they? :(

3. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't see the match but read that Mister Keller had a good game and the goals weren't his fault. Skysports gave him an 8 rating. Hopefully he tops Niemi for the number one, or Niemi just stays hurt. :D

4. Lineman

Lineman Member

May 31, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, they are. :mad:

5. CottageCrew

CottageCrew New Member

Jul 24, 2006
    La Crosse, WI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wouldn't it be nice if matches were 88 minutes long? Fulham wouldn't have a loss and would have six points.

6. AreYouNuts

AreYouNuts New Member

May 28, 2007
    It would be nice if that goal against Middlesboro was called a goal and the penalty against Villa was called a penalty. A few unlucky decisions are the difference between staying up and going down. This may be the end of the run this year if things don't start going better.

7. Borrachin

Borrachin Member+

Feb 28, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Woah... Come on guys, it is a long season. Just check the standings, we are tied with alot of teams. Lets see how we do past the 1st qtr of the season....I wish FSC would show all of Fulham games, who cares about the portsmouth, middle, bolton teams..come on there is 4 americans playing here./

8. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Acctually, thats the only reason Im a Fulham fan to be honest. First because of McBride and Boca and then Dempsey and Keller came along. Shame on me if I support another EPL club.

9. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny thing is, Fulham was a 2nd division side who'd likely never had an American on the roster when I became a fan. How lucky can a guy get to have the team go all the way up to the EPL, take a shot on his favorite player, have that player eventually become the captain, and add another 3 American's in the mix as well?

Needless to say McBride's injury and this giveaway of points in the waning moments of almost every game are just crushing...

To see them go down now, after all they've been through and survived over the last 6 seasons, would be the worst soccer moment of this fan's life.

10. KoreAmBear

KoreAmBear New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Honolulu
    What a heartbreaker

Deuce's goal was very authoritative, just like the goal he banged in, in Germany. And that header in the 80th minute or so was good enough to win the game. He was unlucky. It's great to see Deuce bounce back like that after he missed two gimmes last week - one in the Boro game and one in the Sweden friendly. After Deuce's goal, though, Fulham were on their heels the rest of the game. I kept fast forwarding on my DVR, trying not to watch the score turn 1-1 and then 2-1.

Guys like Deuce and Beasley are getting stronger in Europe. While a guy like Landon is getting weaker in Carson.

Keller made a world class save on a blast from outside the 18. However, Keller is very inconsistent when it comes to coming off his line -- he was pretty mediocre in the World Cup and the recent Copa America. Most of it wasn't his fault but he didn't stand on his head either, which is what we needed if we were to have a chance. Howard is definitely a better, even though Keller is still decent. Hanneman had a rough time though against Bolton Wanderers.

Anyone know how to get this year's LG white jersey (I live in Hawaii, which makes it even harder) without having to pay the crazy shipping from England? I have to say I really like the clean white jersey this year. No crazy patterns here and there. Keep it clean.

Cmon Fulham, let's get a win.