Asteras Tripolis

Discussion in 'Greece & Cyprus' started by GunneRy, Aug 30, 2007.

1. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Anyone have any information on how to get a jersey for the above club. My friend's family is from the peloponnese, and this is the only club from the peninsula. Please email me ryandanahey@hotmail.com, if you have any information. Thanks

2. episkeptis

episkeptis New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Manchester
    Actually, the only way is to have it bought from the club's store in Tripoli.

3. xtremesoccer

xtremesoccer New Member

Jul 10, 2003
    I't amazing that a team like Asteras has so many South American players on it's roster (several quality argentinian and brazilian players were added in 2006 / 2007) . Whos owns the team these days - i't obvious that a lot of new money was invested to make this team a regular in the Greek SuperLeague.

I have two boys that play here in the states - in a couple of more years i might have to take them back home to Tripoli for a tryout. :)

Go Asteras..

4. Icarus_222

Icarus_222 New Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Toronto
  5. aek chicago

aek chicago Member

Sep 17, 2004
    The owners name is Mpakos, and he's originally from the village of Kollines south of Tripolis.

I believe Asteras already has a youth academy, but it appears this owners present strategy is to buy wholesale rosters. Every year he completely revamps the side. Maybe once Asteras establishes itself as a fixture in the Super League, you may see more of an emphasis on youth development.

The only player that has been with the team for its entire ascent to the Super League is Hatzopoulos, son of the former AEK, Panionios, and Panarkadikos star Polyvios.

6. Icarus_222

Icarus_222 New Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Toronto
    There he is. :cool:

7. aek chicago

aek chicago Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Biggest win in club history today. 1-0 at home v. PAO.

First victory and goal in the top flight in club history.

FORZA ASTERAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!