Assassin's Creed 2

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Dills, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I finished Merchant of Venice last week and then was just wandering around Venice trying to knock off viewpoints. I died when I jumped off the big Tower near St Mark's and turned the game off since my brother was around and I felt bad making him watch me play. Hopefully I get the other two vaults tomorrow night and can get Altair's armor!

2. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just edited my previous post, as I'm wondering if maybe, just maybe, this installment would be AC2.5 (not AC3) ...

Oooof, I hate dying like that. I've gotten to the point where I keep hitting the B-button to try and grab something - ANYTHING - on my way down. Doesn't work so well when you're in mid-air though. :rolleyes:

I did get Altair's armor the last time I played, Sunday I think it was. Between that and the ebony dye for Ezio's clothes, he looks very badass.

3. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    yeah, I was about two thirds up on a corner trying to do a jump grab and instead I just jumped out into the nothingness of the air and fell to my death.

would be interesting if it was AC2.5

4. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    got the tomb from unlocked from St Marks. Not sure how others got to the location without spooking a the guards, but you can sneak in the from the side/back and drop down right in front of the skull. One more and I can get Altair's armor!

5. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It took me a while to figure out how to get to that one. I ended up climing the side of the building in the alley off the square (used some thieves to distract the patrols), but after getting to the top I realized I could have gotten there easier by climbing up the back like you do in one of the pre-assassination missions and just walking across the roof.

6. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just walked across the roof level and took out at guard in succession. Shock and awe is my M.O. :cool:

7. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I like shock and awe sometimes, but I usually just try to sneak around.

8. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    that sounds like fun

I'm up to the Carnivale missions. I died in the CTF one because I had no medicine left and jumping off the roof to the ground really takes your health away. I should finish that one up tomorrow night.

Oh, got Altair's armor. That last tomb pissed me off if you fell in the water and you had to go all the way back because time would run out. Annoying.

10. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But, on the bright side, you didn't have to worry about pulling on the previous levers if you already do so, if that makes sense.

Sounds like the DLC will be available 2 ways:

Bonfire of the Vanities = 320 MS Points
    Bonfire of the Vanities + 3 Secret Locations (Palazzo Medici, Santa Maria dei Frari, Arsenal Shipyard) = 520 MS Points

I'm curious what the "spring jump" is.

11. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have completed both Sequences 12 and 13, and am just about to start up #14. I waited until I had both DLC before I completed #11, so my only experience to date with the game consists of all the DNA sequences in order.

I don't want to spoil anything with those 2 DLCs, but the story in 12 is decent even though it doesn't add a whole lot to the overall plot. The special assassin's memory doesn't have a place in the game at all, unless it's just to give you an opportunity to replicate something really spectacular you did earlier in the game. How/why it's even there is beyond me.

Sequence 13 is much better and I think actually adds to the story as a whole. However, it's a bit buggy and the sound (namely voices) drop out in some spots. Good thing I had subtitles already on. Not enough to ruin the experience for me though.

I was curious about this "spring jump" thing ... meh. S'okay I guess.

12. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Damn, I've had this game since X-Mas and I've yet to even insert it in my PS3. :(

Freaking MW2 owns my life. :mad:

13. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

What are you waiting for?Pop in the disk man,you won't regret it haha.It's a great game.

14. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bumpage.

Received an email from Dr. Warren Vidic of Abstergo Industries containing a link to the Ubisoft website, a teaser trailer of sorts (Abstergo's facility overlayed with images of a church), and options to check out some various weapons (dagger, axe, fan, claw) and their description as well as intended/suspected uses.

http://assassinscreed.us.ubi.com/abstergoindustries/#/weapons

Upon clicking on each weapon, you're shown a poor-quality, grainy clip of the weapon(s) in action.

15. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    God that looks awesome.

My brother moved out and took his 360 with him. I may have to get my own! :)

He also returned AC2 to Gamefly before I had a chance to play through it all, but I had already seen him beat the game, so I know what happens

16. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ordered my game, should be here this week

£24 isnt bad

17. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, so it's all for the upcoming AC:Brotherhood game.

There are 6 weapons to view on the site: fan, axe, syringe, claw, dagger, and (the unlockable) switchblade. Then you can download some desktop wallpapers, two showing the inside of Abstergo, the third showing Ezio (?) perched atop the Colosseum, crossbow slung across his back, watching some goings-on down below. The image is labeled "passion play", and you'll notice 3 crosses, the center one draped with white cloth.

[RIGHT CLICK > VIEW IMAGE for larger]
    [​IMG]

The site also says, by pre-ordering through Gamestop, you get a free harlequin multiplayer character. Clicking on that link gives me a "bad url" page on Gamestop, so it doesn't seem to be fully operational yet.

-EDIT-

Some more goodies:

First details of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood announced
    First Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Details Slip From The Shadows
    GameStop Placeholder Art Names Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - Update

[​IMG]

18. violentrl

violentrl Member

Jun 16, 2010
    I liked the game very much. Theres definately more things you can do in this game than the previous. I like Altair more though :p

19. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    E3 Stage Demo

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUXyzv0k4ZM&feature=related"]YouTube- Assassins Creed: Brotherhood 'E3 2010 Demo Gameplay' TRUE-HD QUALITY[/ame]

20. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Finally got this, priced way, way down from its release. :)

I'll finish Mafia II first then get back in here to share my playing experience.

21. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I started with this and it's awesome, superior in almost every way to the first game. :)

One thing I haven't managed to figure out is what exactly I'm suppose to be looking for to unlock Altaïr's armor. I have been finding a lot of the markings you have to decode to find out the "thruth". (Although some riddles and codes were surprisingly hard to crack).

22. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

In order to get his armor,you have to find the assassins tombs scattered throughout different cities.

23. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Thanks, I just got far enough to find this out. You have to eavesdrop on the Templars meeting in the catacombs before the Tomb locations are revealed on your map. I have recovered the items from the two tombs in Firenze already.

I find the story in the sequel much more engaging, and I like all the little side-quests (the codex pages, the glyphs, the tombs).

24. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Think ACII fixed everything that was wrong with the first one.The small amount of the RPG feel to it makes it awesome.

One of my favorite parts is figuring out the glyphs.They can be creepy at times though.:p

25. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I now have three of the six tomb artifacts and about half of the glyphs deciphered.

Question: is it worth it to visit Leonardo whenever you get a new codex page or do you need multiple pages for him to improve your health and/or equipment?