Asian Cup 2011 [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by xfactor857, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    The point was the foreign coaches who had the best AC results. Dont let your hatred for Milu sway from the conversation which was simply the best AC results were under foreign coaches. No one is arguing Milu is the best coach China ever had. Relax jeez

2. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    so what position does he used to play at Schalke? right wing?

and what position should he be competing for in your opinion?

3. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    he clearly plays better in right wing.
    and there's rumour of some players leaving in schalke, hopefully the departure will benefit him.

otherwise, with his performance in asian cup, there's bound to have some euro teams that would target him, whether for marketing or his skill.
    i believe hao junmin should stay in schalke till summer and see the options around him.

4. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    There is no observation angle... nor was i comparing. stay on topic please i simply said out of the names the commentator mentioned as our coaches in the AC, it looks like the foreigners had the best results. i didnt intend to start a foreign vs chinese debate nor do i think i pointed in that direction in my post.

This is an observation based on past ac results, if you can find another asian cup team china coach who did better feel free to list it. No one is saying foreigners coach the chinese team better than the chinese, just the best results in the asian cup have belonged when two foreigners had control. Why are you pulling up stuff from the 1960s to justify who the best ever coach has been?

5. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tough luck China... I went to see you last two games vs. Qatar & Uzbekistan (ironically my current host country and where my in-laws are from) and your fans were great - cheering on till the end of this last match. Tough luck this time and good luck in the WC qualifiers I guess.

6. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I'm actually somewhat surprised we managed to get a draw after we went 2-1 down; to be totally honest, I fully expected Uzbekistant to run amok after getting the breakthrough goal. At least we went out on a semi-high note, though this is the second tournament running we've failed to make it out of the group stage (and under Uzbekistan again).

Disappointment-wise I think we all knew deep down that our fates were sealed when we lost 2-0 to Qatar. This team showed more "promise" than our 2007 rendition, but I have to say that doesn't speak for much. Team chemistry, although improved from 2007 is still not at the level it should be at in order to be competitive, and as many have noted, our players are lacking "football IQ" on the pitch when it comes to split-second decisions (which could have resulted in goals for us).

It is going to be another long wait until we see some serious NT action for WCQ, but it is somewhat comforting to know this forum exists and that I'm not the only one who will be taking in the excitement/disappointment/sorrow/anger/humour that watching the Chinese NT brings. :)

7. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hey all.

For those of you who were excited about China in this tournament, my condolences to you. However, I must give you the "I told you so" speech. Fine I won't give that speech.

This is truly shameful, being beaten by countries that can barely afford stadiums and airfare. To the likes of Uzbek and Qatar, they got the opportunity to embarrass a G20 nation. Over the course of world history, leaving football aside, these nations will never accomplish a hundredth of what the PRC is capable of, but on a football pitch, they can smack us silly.

Again, this is pathetic. All I have to say to the Chinese NT players is "you should be ashamed of yourselves." To the fans, "The Chinese NT doesn't deserve you."

8. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    You won't understand.

9. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Hahaha good one. CFF I know you meant well bro but I'm siding with Shingkei on this one.

10. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    CFA has hired Kwok Ka Ming from Hong Kong, whose nickname is 智多星, as a consultant

11. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    umm...

Why am I not surprised we are hearing from Wei Di, as usual the man finds a way to get himself in the papers. I really think that China needs to reorganize the CFA, appointing someone like a GM to handle many of the decisions, a person who has a high level of soccer knowledge and has been involved in the game. There are people out there who could do a good job at this, and we should be hearing more from them, not morons like Wei Di, Zhu Jun, and Luo Ning.

12. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    this was painful to read.. can't say i agree with any of it. we didn't play well enough, that's for sure, but to see this kind of response on the level of belittling the opponents and comparing the unrelated socio-economic status to footballing ability of 20 some players on the teams.... well i can see why so many don't quite sympathize with us. for someone who always shows up to give us a taste of true pessimism on these boards, you sure took this exit pretty hard.

13. CrazyDCFan

CrazyDCFan Member

Mar 31, 2002
    Henan, China
    One thing I noticed watching the last few matches is that the team seemed to lack urgency. They played it safe and tried to control the match through high possession and slow progression. We do not have the skill players to do this or at least they aren't showing it.

I thought the best match played was the last one against Uzbekistan when the team's backs were against the wall and we took chances that we unfortunately couldn't finish.

Overall, it was a very disappointing performance.

14. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    So the semi-final fixtures are now set:

Korea vs Japan
    Australia vs Uzbekistan

Any predictions? I'd personally like to see a Korea v Uzbekistan final; I think that would be an entertaining match to watch as both teams have played some nice attacking football in this tournament. Uzbekistan has a shot to go all the way (which might make our exit under them a little less painful). Really would prefer not to see a Japan v Australia final because we can all expect a 1-0 borefest with few chances.

15. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    japan vs. korea might be a borefest too.

my preference: a final with uzbekistan and the uzbek win it.

most people love underdog and i think the uzbek deserve it.

16. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    1-0 Japan, 2-1 Uzbekistan. The final: 2-1 Uzbekistan!

On another note, the papers are already talking about the crop of young after 90s players from Japan and Korea, including Yoon Bit-Garam who scored the game winner against Iran. Once again, China is lacking behind. Seems like China will never catch up! It's sad...

17. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    no worry.
    age fixing is one of the solution.

T__T

18. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    HAHAHA tru dat. Too bad, age wouldn't really help China in footy like it would in gymnastics...

But ya, if Uzbekistan can pull off an "underdog" surprise at this Asian Cup, then at least we can say that we gave the champions "a good fight" in our encounter. :)

19. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    i'm dying of envy here, lol.. watching the games, you can see a clear cut difference in class between the way china played compared to the koreans/japanese teams.

20. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    the Korea commentators doing the Uzbeck - China game were really complementary to China.

they seem to know a lot about the Chinese team, was full of praise and i learnt a lot.

although im not sure who the up and coming 'youth' are for China, in the match against Uzbeck's i saw a different China from the past and i can see China building something for the WCQs.

21. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    The reason for all the idiotic/senseless criticisms in China is because the fans been disappointed for so long and so conistantly. They've become cynical and now kinda expect the worst from the national team. The NT needs to have sustained progress to show the fans that they are slowly improving. It must be sustained and not just a sudden surge for a year or two and then back to mediocraty. The tough part is figuring out how to do that...

22. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    interesting to know korean commentators have insight about chinese soccer, didnt i heard the netizens complained that the commentators were complementing the chinese too much? :p

23. Ironthumb

Ironthumb Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Jiangsu, China
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EDIT***SPOILERS***

What do you guys think about that PK? At first I thought it was a tough call, but the replay should he was taken out pretty well by the Japanese player. But was the ball even playable?

Either way the guys shot was a rocket, I can't imagine many keepers being able to stop it.

24. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    not interested in those foreigners

25. Ironthumb

Ironthumb Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Jiangsu, China
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, everybody in this tournament is a foreigner to me.