Asian Cup 2007 pots

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by happy, Dec 16, 2005.

1. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
    http://www.footballasia.com/en/comps/asiancup/index.asp?id=41973&sec=0&ssec=0&cid=1231&mth=12&yr=2005

Pot A (seeds 1-6) - 1. Japan, 2. China, 3. Iran, 4. Bahrain, 5. Uzbekistan, 6 Jordan.

Pot B (seeds 7-12) 7. South Korea , 8. Iraq, 9. Oman, 10. Kuwait, 11. Saudi Arabia, 12. Qatar.

Pot C (seeds 13-18) 13. UAE, 14. Yemen, 15. Syria, 16. Lebanon, 17. Singapore, 18. Hong Kong.

Pot D (seeds 19-24) 19. Palestine, 20. Sri Lanka, 21. Chinese Taipei, 22. Pakistan/Bangladesh, 23. India, 24, Australia.

2. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Not sure I am delighted with the pots for home team Singapore

From Pot A, have Japan, China, Iran & Uzbekistan who I want to avoid

From Pot B, have South Korea , Iraq, Saudi Arabia who I think should be in Pot A

Now in Pot D, there is Australia

So in worst case for Singapore, Japan/Iran, Saudi Arabia/SK & Australia together for us :eek:

3. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Dream group would include Korea, Australia and Iran! That would be some exciting group.

4. Chosun HwoRang

Chosun HwoRang New Member

Feb 13, 2005
    NYC
    My dream group would be Japan, UAE, Australia.

Tough, but we'll end up on top.

5. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I would absolutely love to see the "1 China Group" made up of China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan (Sheng)...If that could happen, I'd take any team in pot 2, I could care less, just as long as those three teams were together!

6. Chosun HwoRang

Chosun HwoRang New Member

Feb 13, 2005
    NYC
    Haha. I've noticed Chinese posters love when China plays against HongKong and Taiwan.
    China always dominates them. No real challenge, dont you think?

7. bobo81

bobo81 Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Ciudad De Dios
    Does anyone know how the drawing process will happen?

8. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    No Honkong always gets in our way, have you ever heard of th famous 5.19 riot when China Lost to Hongkong 1-2, and for last years WCQ, if not the hongkong Goalie saved a penalty, we will won 8-0 and have chances to win the qualifier.

and for taiwan~ there is no real football there, in fact Taiwan Chinese doesn't care Sports at all, the biggest sports in taiwan - the Taiwan baseball league only have no more than 3000+ Average attendances, Those stupid Taibazi only pay attention to their stupid"Democracy Politics" and money

9. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    it is reported by Chinese media, as AFC's intrigue, China, South Korea, U.A.E and Australia may draw in the same group, I believe it's only rumor but I have no confidence on AFC

10. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
    This remind me of Italy media ;)

All **************** rumors :D

Maybe have to really give China group HK, Chinese Taipei & Qatar so as easy as possible to get into Finals :rolleyes:

11. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
    It is like the UK teams

Always want to play one another becos of the derby atmosphere, I guess

12. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    In fact, whether they really think so or just jocking, most Chinese fans likes to Say we are only a third level team in asia :D and even the ACQ is not a easy campaign for us~ If not a mission impossible

13. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
    China is not that bad :D

It is not SK, Japan, SA & Iran etc but it is certainly in the second level

Just poor mentality as China always collaspe at the wrong time like the WC defeat at Kuwait

14. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I want either Japan/Iran, South Korea of course, Singapore, and Australia. That's my dream draw right there.

15. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    It would be so stupid if China/South Korea or China/Saudi Arabia or Japan/Korea or Japan Saudi Arabia or Iran/South Korea or Iran Saudi Arabia to be put into the same group

I think Pot A should have been China, Japan, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Iran, Bahrain. And there is no way Australia should be in the last pot, seeing how they qualified for World Cup and their ranking is way above the rest of the pot D teams. The worst would be China, South Korea, Australia, and whatever.

This is dumb, it's almost like the Asian Champion's League where you always see one group with 3 teams from China, Japan, and South Korea

16. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    the pots should have been organised by the teams performance last year, not four years back.............
    Saudiarabia and south korea pot B yeah right........... :cool:

17. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    We double Champions last year :cool: ,but that wouldn't help
    We only lost 2 matches out of 22 in 2004,Two most important matches:eek:
    In one words we have a stupid NT,a flock of idiots:mad:

18. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I think after you get out of pot 2 (with the exception of Australia in pot 4), it really doesn't matter when discussing a "real challenge." Therefore, it would just be fun to have an all China group...

19. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Group A:
    Iran
    South Korea
    UAE
    Australia

Group B:
    Japan
    Kuwait
    Hongkong
    Bangladesh.

:rolleyes:

20. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    that group is better than watching the finals

21. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Bangladesh - Pakistan 0-0 in a pre qualifier today. Return match in Pakistan dec 26.

22. Kinnoutou

Kinnoutou New Member

Dec 22, 2005
    Gold Coast, AUS
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Correct me if I am wrong, Australia and Japan can't be drawn against each other in the qualifying due to being in the same group in the World Cup. At an early look, only just getting back into football and what I've seen and read over the last 12 months, Japan, China, Australia (sorry, have to back my country even if Japan is my fav. team) and Iran could be the most dangerous teams...

23. JLSA

JLSA Member

Nov 11, 2003
    Consider yourself corrected.

J

24. hoos

hoos Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Australia
    I'm pretty sure that only applies to friendlies before the WC, for the purposes of preventing the odd leg breaking tackle. If we happen to be drawn against each other in the Asian Cup, that's unavoidable to the best of my knowledge.

25. Does anyone know when the first asian cup qualifiers will be played?

Will SBS be showing them?