AS Monaco thread [R]

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by SportBoy333, Jul 29, 2006.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Re: AS Monaco thread 2006-07[R]

CALENDRIER L1 ET RESULTATS POUR LA SAISON 2006/07

1ère journée : Nancy - Monaco
    2ème journée : Monaco - Saint Etienne
    3ème journée : Rennes - Monaco
    4ème journée : Monaco - Sedan
    5ème journée : Auxerre - Monaco
    6ème journée : Monaco - PSG
    7ème journée : Lens - Monaco
    8ème journée : Monaco - Le Mans
    9ème journée : Bordeaux - Monaco
    10ème journée : Monaco - Toulouse
    11ème journée : Nantes - Monaco
    12ème journée : Monaco - Nice
    13ème journée : Troyes - Monaco
    14ème journée : Monaco - Lorient
    15ème journée : Lille - Monaco
    16ème journée : Monaco - Valenciennes
    17ème journée : Marseille - Monaco
    18ème journée : Monaco - Sochaux
    19ème journée : Lyon - Monaco
    20ème journée :Saint Etienne - Monaco
    21ème journée : Monaco - Rennes
    22ème journée : Sedan - Monaco
    23ème journée : Monaco - Auxerre
    24ème journée : PSG - Monaco
    25ème journée : Monaco - Lens
    26ème journée : Le Mans - Monaco
    27ème journée : Monaco - Bordeaux
    28ème journée :Toulouse - Monaco
    29ème journée : Monaco - Nantes
    30ème journée :Nice - Monaco
    31ème journée : Monaco - Troyes
    32ème journée : Lorient - Monaco
    33ème journée : Monaco - Lille
    34ème journée : Valenciennes - Monaco
    35ème journée : Monaco - Marseille
    36ème journée : Sochaux - Monaco
    37ème journée : Monaco - Lyon
    38ème journée : Monaco - Nancy

3. Allez Lyonnais

Allez Lyonnais New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    TX

I can see you want this forum so bad. :D

Go for it, man. Keep up the good work.

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

I dont want it anymore because I know it will be empty. Either talk about the club or dont bother posting here.

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

http://www.football365.fr/infos_clubs/monaco/story_127355_En-chantier.shtml

PRESENTATION L1/MONACO:
    In building site
    Sunday July 30, 2006 - 15. 46 - Xavier SWEAT
    Following the arrivals of Marc Keller at the station of general manager and Laszlo Bölöni to that of trainer, the ASM starts a new turn with a team to be rebuilt. In particular in defense.

MONACO
    Infos general
    President : Michel Pastor
    Trainer : Laszlo Bölöni
    Stage : Louis II (20 000 places)

Prize list
    Championship of L1 : Winner in 1961, 1963, 1978, 1982, 1988, 1997 and 2000
    Championship of L2 : Nothing
    Cut France : Winner in 1960, 1963, 1980, 1985 and 1991
    Cut League : Winner in 2003
    Cut Europe : Finalist of C1 (2004), finalist of C2 (1992), semi-finalist of C3 (1997)

Season 2005-2006
    L1 championship : 10eme with 52 points
    Cut France : eliminated in sixteenth from finale by Colmar (2-1)
    Cut League : eliminated in semi-final by Nice (1-0)
    Cut Europe : eliminated in eighth from finale by the FC Basle (1-0, 1-1)

TRANSFERS
    Arrivals (at July 30)
    Bölöni (ROU/Entr.Rennes)
    Grax (rp.Troyes)
    Kallon (rp.Al Ittihad/ARS)
    Koller (TCH/Borussia Dortmund/ALL)
    J.Leko (CRO/Dynamo Kiev/UKR)
    Menez (Sochaux)
    Monsoreau (Lyon)
    Muslin (rp.Willem II/HOL)

Departures (at July 30)
    Biancarelli (retirement)
    Cubilier (Nantes)
    Di Vaio (ITA/rp.Valence/ESP)
    Guidolin (Entr.Palerme/ITA)
    Juan (Grenoble)
    Kapo (rp.Juventus Turin/ITA)
    Lanteri (p.Metz)
    Maicon (BRE/Inter Milan/ITA)
    Maoulida (Marseilles)
    Squillaci (Lyon)
    Vieri (ITA/Sampdoria Gênes/ITA)

The probable standard team (at July 30)
    Roma - Modesto, Givet, Monsoreau, Dos Santos - Leko, Bernardi, Plasil, Menez - Koller, Chevanton

SEASON 2006-2007
    The objective of... François Modesto
    "Monaco remains a large French club, like Marseilles or Bordeaux. But for last season, it is necessary to set out again quietly, to be looked in an ice and to think that that will be difficult. It will be necessary to have same mentality as in all end of last season. I think that one can open a new cycle. But it will have to be shown on the ground. One worked much. One improves. One preferred to earlier begin again (the 22 instead of 29 June initially envisaged) in order to integrate the new ones and to better know "(AFP)

The opinion of the drafting
    After one disappointing season which saw the departure of Didier Deschamps replaced by Francesco Guidolin for the same result, Monaco decided to make close-cropped table. Exit thus the Italian technician, of return in Palermo, and places at Laszlo Bölöni, the Rumanian trainer who showed good things with Rennes. Arrival also of Marc Keller at the station of general manager and which becomes thus one of the strong men of the ASM, charged by president Pastor of the management of the club to the daily newspaper. Charged especially, in company of Jean-Luc Ettori, the sporting director, and of Laszlo Bölöni, to rebuild a competitive team while resting on one of the historical forces of the club of the Principality: its center of formation. At his head, Domenica Bijotat, a former player Monegasque, comes to replace Broissart with for objective leaving Thuram, Petit and Henry of tomorrow. To frame the hopes of the club, the leaders recruited the Czech giant Jan Koller (33 years) attacks some and hope well to preserve their captain Gaël Givet, approached by Juventus Turin. While waiting for three more or four recruits in particular in defense to be able to aim at the top of the classification.

L’effectif 2006-2007

Gardiens
    Roma
    Ruffier
    Warmuz

Défenseurs
    Dos Santos
    Givet
    Lescure
    Mangani
    Modesto
    Monsoreau
    Sambou
    Veigneau

Milieux
    Bernardi
    Gerard
    J.Leko
    Licata
    Martin
    Meriem
    Muslin
    Perez
    Plasil
    Zikos

Attaquants
    Chevanton
    Gakpé
    Gigliotti
    Grax
    Kallon
    Koller
    Maurice-Belay
    Menez
    Nimani

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Sevilla agree Chevanton deal

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?...179&lid=11&title=Sevilla+agree+Chevanton+deal

This is horrible. This came out of nowhere and shocked me. He and Koller were supposed to be the duo to supply the goals and now he's gone and Di Vaio and Vieri also are. Now you have just Koller, Grax and some unproven youngsters. Im not sure if Kallon is staying. This loss hurts bad.

7. Hexenmeister

Hexenmeister Member

Aug 9, 2000
    Kearney, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    France

I'm very interested to see how Koller will do in Ligue 1.

I hope his injury woes are behind him, but recent history doesn't bode well.

8. Allez Lyonnais

Jul 26, 2005
    TX

Here's another shocker. Monaco will have Di Vaio back to replace Chevanton.

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

They didnt want to pay what Valencia was asking for. Kallon is back in the fold training with the team but probably will miss the first match vs Nancy as will Menez with an injury.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Old and injury prone so Im not expecting that much. More pressure on him now with the recent departures at that position.

11. Allez Lyonnais

Jul 26, 2005
    TX

You're not getting it. They're gonna get back on the deal so that they can bring him back. Di Vaio is about to join Monaco on permanent basis.

12. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Yes Di Vaio has signed now finally to add some much needed depth to that position.

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Monaco: two reinforcements of choice (04/08)
    The trainer of Monaco Laszlo Bölöni recovered two attackers this week. Marco Di Vaio, lent six months in the club of the Principality, then set out again in preparation with Valence, finally signed with the Red and White. And Mohamed Kallon, lent by Monaco to the Saoudi Al club Ittihad Djeddah the season spent, finally returned on the Rock. Bölöni believes in their potential. "Di Vaio is a generous player, whose qualities are known. It will be able to bring to us enormously by his volume of play and its versatility. That it is as centre-forward, more moved back or on a side, it can be effective ", declares the trainer Rumanian. Concerning Kallon, it is lenient. "It is a professional, and even if it forgot for one month when it was, it is a good boy. It has a contract and it answered its duty. It has qualities to be essential. Little which I could see, it reassures me already. It is very justified and ambitious ", Bölöni entrusts. (By Urbain Mandrillon)

http://news.maxifoot.com/info-054015_60804/football.php

14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Nancy-Monaco : le groupe monégasque

Voici le groupe composé par Laszlo Bölöni en vue du déplacement à Nancy de samedi soir.

Le groupe :

Roma, Ruffier - Mangani, Veigneau, Dos Santos, Monsoreau, Givet, Sambou - Perez, Leko, Gerard, Bernardi, Martin, Gakpé, Licata - Maurice-Belay, Kallon, Di Vaio, Gigliotti, Koller

Les blessés :

Warmuz (genou), Meriem (genou), Zikos (pubalgie), Plasil (cuisse), Modesto (problème intercostal), Grax (adducteurs), Nimani (cuisse), Menez (cheville)

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

1-0 loss at Nancy in the 1st match of the season.

16. Douai

Douai New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    États-Unis

I was not able to see the match, but I did see the match statistics from Eurosport.fr's website.I noticed that the tirs were 11 to 4 in Nancy's favor.Was that Monaco's biggest problem of the match?

17. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good luck to you throughout the season, though I don't pay much attention to Ligue Un, I hold it in high regards and wish Monaco, Auxerre, and Metz (though relegated) the best of luck - the three teams that catch my eye. Cheers.

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

I didnt see it either so I dont know what the biggest problem was. My guess is that is gonna take a few months for this team to come together and start to play well. Key players such as Plasil, Mariem, Menez, and Di Vaio didnt play and of course more players could be coming in the next few weeks. Another defender and midfielder are needed to help strengthen the squad. We lost 3 good defenders in Maicon, Culbier, and Squillaci and only signed 1 replacement(Monsereau). Up front is the strongest position on the team with guys like Koller, Kallon, Di Vaio, and Grax. Maurice-Belay and Gapke are promising youngsters.

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

http://www.asm-fc.com/article.aspx?id=1846&t=
    Interviews - 06/08/2006
    Reactions After Nancy
    Find the reactions according to match of the coach Monegasque, Laszlo Bölöni, and of its medium of Argentinian ground Lucas Bernardi.
    Laszlo Bölöni : "Much of lesson"
    It was a typical match of beginning of championship, with much of approximations on both sides. Concerning my team, I estimate that have it did too many technical errors, too many errors of appreciation and too many carelessnesses in particular to marking. We did not succeed in finding the good rate/rhythm, especially at the time of the first period. I have all the same the impression that the result could have been equitable taking into account our twenty last minutes and of accelerations of my players. It was one special period because we were as close to the 1-1 as our adversaries of 2-0. It is in any case a match from which I draw much from lesson. It confirms work that it remains to be made us. Koller played only its first match, Kallon had only two drives in the legs, Modesto was out and Di Vaio was not qualified yet. I think that they are men who will be able to better surround our young people thereafter. This defeat does not have anything of alarming and we will go back to work.

Lucas Bernardi : "To gain against Saint-Etienne"
    This evening, we did not succeed in showing much things on the ground. We were not very good in the play and we missed much by master keys and of small things, it is the beginning. It is necessary to change all that to return in the good direction. We have some players who have just arrived, others which are wounded and one will need a little time. It y in any case nothing of worrying today, it was right the first match and we will do everything to be powerful and especially to gain next Saturday with Louis II against Saint-Etienne.

20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

[​IMG]
    Diego Perez a tenu le choc en position de latéral droit

[​IMG]
    Koller et Puygrenier, deux colosses à la lutte (F. Chavaroche / Nice-Matin)

[​IMG]
    Bonne rentrée pour Mohamed Kallon (F. Chavaroche / Nice-Matin)

21. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Nancy dominated on both ends of the field, and a 1-0 scorline was a bit flattering to the Monaco side.

You guys need to buy yourself a right back.... Nancy killed you guys on that flank.

22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Monaco: Vargas engages five years
    Football365 drafting - Tuesday August 08, 2006 - 18h14

The Uruguyan Abella Gonzalo Vargas, who played last season with the Argentinian club of Gimnasia of Plata, took Tuesday with the ACE Monaco. 24 years international attacker, Vargas signed a five year old contract.

The ACE Monaco announced Tuesday the signature for five years of the international attacker Uruguyan Abella Gonzalo Vargas. Author of 27 goals in 35 matches under the shirt of Gimnasia of Plata (Argentina) last season, this attacker of small gauge (1,75 m) will involve himself with his new team as of Tuesday evening.

S.C.

http://www.football365.fr/depeches/filinfo_128373_99_Monaco-Vargas-s-engage-cinq-ans.shtml

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

St. Etienne beats Monaco 2-1 at Stade Louis II in front of a crowd of over 17,500. Pascal Fienduno scored in the 11th min. for ASSE and Frederic Piquionne in the 72nd min. Gerard scored for Le Monegasque on a late penalty in the 88th min.

24. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

http://news.maxifoot.com
    Monaco: an eye on Neill? (14/08)
    After two defeats in as many meetings since the beginning of championship, the ACE Monaco must be seized again in particular on the defensive level. Moreover, the club of the Rock would be on the track of the side Australian international law of Blackburn Rovers Lucas Neill (28 years), according to the British press. The player built a very beautiful World cup this summer in Germany and would constitute a reinforcement of weight for the defense Monegasque, which in particular lost Sebastien Squillaci (25 years) and Maicon (24 years) with the intersaison. (By Alexis Pereira)