As happy as I am ..

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by penubly, Dec 16, 2005.

1. penubly

penubly Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    that I will get to see MLS in person more often, I hate the fact that it comes at your expense.

I hope your situation can be sorted out, but I know it still won't make up for this.

I will be interested to see how everyone feels about this in late summer, when the temps are upper 90's with very high humidity.

2. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll second this one. When I heard about serious discussions of MLS in Houston, I got really excited. Even seriously considering dropping my allegiance to the ex-Burn.

But I can't support a Houston team this way. I will go down to see games. The ones vs. FCD. And root against Houston.

Ah, hell, this sucks.

Sucks all around.

I can't root against Houston. The team needs to survive for MLS to survive. But I hate the idea of any thing that would support AEG in this move.

This suck.

I can't say that enough.

Massive condolances, all Quakes fans.

3. c4smok

c4smok New Member

Dec 16, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah there is a huge history and its like we are getting a high profile team just to move down here...

I would hate to lose a team like this and I would not wish it on anybody.

But I am still happy to see Houston with a team and I will buy a jersey as soon as they come out !

Lets all hope MLS returns to the Bay Area in the near future..

Thanks from the Bayou City

4. Sapphire

Sapphire Moderator

Jun 29, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, I didn't realize the history of this move when I started celebrating Houston's getting a team. It's too bad that it's at the expense of many loyal San Jose fans -- I think we all know how difficult it is to be a soccer fan in the US anyway. Sorry guys :(

5. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    If any of our guys gets hurt because of that Texas heat and humderidity, I'm coming down there with my over-and-unders mounted on my gun rack.

6. bluenblack

bluenblack New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    San Leandro, CA
    Thanks you Texan fans for the kind words. Just remember to cherish that team and to appreciate them as we did. You're getting tremendous players and a fantastic coaching staff.