As an American...

Discussion in 'Cricket' started by metroflip73, Jun 28, 2005.

1. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I know the rules of cricket!

Well, most of them. Over the weekend, I watch Lagaan: Once Upon A Time In India. And through watching it, I think I understand a great deal of the concept of the game.

Looks interesting, and I think it would be fun to play.

2. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
    hey flip, as a fellow ny'er, i say give it a chance at playing it. theres enough people in parks playing cricket in the local area.

honestly when i think of all the people who play softball in leagues i can't help but think how much most would enjoy playing cricket (a shortened version so it could be completed in a match after work like 20/20), plus i think playing cricket is a better workout than softball.

3. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    the only workout the after work softball people like are 12 oz curls!!!!

4. cliffkram

cliffkram Member

May 4, 2003
    Brum via NYC
    As a New Yorker who has moved to England, I developed a secret liking for Cricket...well not so much test matches (I just cant enjoy a game that takes 5 days to play...and that I have to wear a shirt and tie to see), but I like ODI's and Twenty20.

I've yet to go to see a match (don't know why, I only live 5 minutes from Edgbaston County Ground) but I suppose I will if Warks is given the home match for the Twenty20 ¼finals.