Arts and crafts

Discussion in 'Referee' started by chwmy, Feb 23, 2020.

1. chwmy

chwmy Member+

Feb 27, 2010
    So my control cards were looking a bit natty, and I wanted some new ones. But I really didn’t want to buy the the typical thin ones on offer- they don’t hold up and I write on them too so I had been using some Japanese adidas ones that are more like credit cards in stiffness.

And I had seen those wicked amour reflective ones, but at $12 a set I thought them a bit overpriced.

So I decided to try some reflective tape (you know, the kind you put on a truck or sign to make it more visible at night) applied to 1/16” Lexan. After a few iterations i settled on 3m conspicuity tape- I think the colors are perfect. Then I tried just putting the tape back to back on itself without any stiffening layer, found that they are great that way too.

[​IMG]

The one on the left is the same size as the ones from proreferee, which are kinda oversized. It’s not the cheapest thing in the world but now I have cards that I’m happy with and can make them whatever size I want.

tomek75, dadman, DaveRef and 2 others repped this.
  2. Bubba Atlanta

Bubba Atlanta Member+

Mar 2, 2012
    Yep, Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    What do you write on them with?

3. chwmy

chwmy Member+

Feb 27, 2010
    I have write on stickers that let you use a pencil or ballpoint. The surface is glossy and a sharpie works well (I don’t use a sharpie since it doesn’t do well when it’s raining).

4. Bubba Atlanta

Bubba Atlanta Member+

Mar 2, 2012
    Yep, Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    And you peel off the stickers and throw them away and put on new ones?

5. chwmy

chwmy Member+

Feb 27, 2010
    Not per game. they wipe off (alcohol). one usually lasts a season or so.

dadman and voiceoflg repped this.