Article on USA players salarys

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by aarond23, May 20, 2014.

1. aarond23

aarond23 Member+

Feb 24, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    msilverstein47 repped this.
  2. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    can't believe Goodson is pulling in nearly 350 K

Have to say USSF def break off our boys a nice chunk of change. Curious how much the likes of Spain/England/Germany give their guys. I'd figure it's a high 6 figures but then again, considering how much are making millions, it may not seem worth it and might be 1 of the reasons why they are so cavalier about performing for the NT.

3. bogart8

bogart8 Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Central FLA for now
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The biggest shock on that list is Besler's salary, especially compared to Omar G.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  4. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Gonzalez was overhyped for so many years and is with Galaxy whereas Besler was kinda an unknown until 2012.

5. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This pretty much the driving reason why many think he may take a shot at Europe if he has a good WC.

I was under the impression for a while that Zusi's style was more in tune with Serie A and La Liga but he is a great crosser, I could see him getting a shot with lower level EPL team, just on that.

6. Grogtank

Grogtank Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Vegas Baby
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take 50% - 60% of that away after factoring in Federal, State, Local, Property, Sales, and Gas taxes (other various fee's as well). The cost of living in San Jose and surrounding areas is relatively high. Also consider the average career length of a footballer. Some of the other MLS salaries are pathetic all things considered. I'm not sure how some of them do it.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  7. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    He definitely should have some decent interest. Only 27. Could get an offer from a Stoke or Sunderland or Swansea. I'd sure take it.

8. aarond23

aarond23 Member+

Feb 24, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beats selling cars or working in a factory?

truefan420 repped this.
  9. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    For the galaxy it was either lose their best defender, or pay him. He may not be worth that price currently, but at one point, Gonzalez was clearly the best defender in the MLS.

10. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He wasn't over-hyped. He was the best defender on a team that had the best defense in 2011 (suffering only 5 losses) and won the Supporter's Shield and MLS Cup. Remember, that off-season he trialed in the Bundesliga and Galaxy was not the same team when he was gone due to injury.

11. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yea, I really think he has had one outstanding year plus the playoff run after the knee injury.

He has more awards than he has had seasons as the actual best defender in MLS.