Article: Earthquakes to Houston closer to done deal?

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by wufc, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Appreciate the first paragraph. If you change part of the second paragraph to say 'acquire expansion club', then I'm skippy with that, too. Portland will make for a great expansion franchise. I'm thinking RSL-like.

2. j66j66

j66j66 Member

Apr 26, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    doubt it... one wolf seemed like a fly-by-night operation to us in Portland. not trustworthy, not ever saying how deep the pockets really were, didn't really make a huge effort to coordinate with the timbers army (who would really be their free marketing arm), and we don't really have a need for a team not named the timbers here, anyway.

I would be beyond shocked if one wolf has anything to do with the san jose situation.

3. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You misread (or I miswrote).........Club de Futbol Pachuca being the other entity interested in buying an MLS team. As I stated previously, on a radio interview that I listed to about 6 or so months ago, the president of the CF Pachuca stated that they were interested in setting up a team in MLS, specifically in California. He stated that they were already investing in the US since they have academedies in California. He didn't get to ellaborate due to the interviewer and commercials. BUT. Later on this didn't jibe with what One Wolf Soccer, LLC was stating in that they were working with Pachuca to get that team Portlan, OR. So. That left me :confused: . But, since I haven't heard anything new from One Wolf Soccer LLC and now with this from Blackmum, I can only assume (a BIG assumption, but based on that interview with CF Pachuca president) that another interested FMF entity is CF Pachuca. Now. Pachuca does not have the big pockets of Televisa, BUT it does have $$$ to come into MLS. It owns the University of Football, Mall, Civic Center, etc.

So....to visualize my comment:

CF Pachuca---->$$$---->MLS---->SJ.... :D