article about Bolanos

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fanaddict, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was an article about Jonathan Bolanos in the spanish newspaper HOY by Jose Luis Sanchez Pando. I had it translated and they are hoping to get the visa-work permit settled by the end of this week but of course no guarentees.
    He is looking forward to coming to the Fire who he says plays more a modern game with more speed and one touching. He said armas and razov told him the fire needs exctly his kind of player(an attacking midfielder). He says MLS is a step up financially and professionally from costa rican soccer.He promises to work hard and fit in with the team.

2. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    This is exciting.

3. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    I've asked a couple of players about the Bolanos workouts and, fwiw, the guys I talked to were all impressed and excited about his prospects. Word has it he is another lefty, btw.

4. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    Can't wait to see him play.

5. Hattrix

Hattrix Member

Sep 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Everywhere you want to be...

So what is the deal with the necessary papers for this guy? Is there any expectation he could have an impact this year?

6. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes I expect him to have an impact this year, if he is as good as Wilt has hinted. You need a visa to get a work permit. I don't think there is any problem, it just takes a couple weeks to get one. As one who works for the federal government that's not bad at all.

7. Fuegofan

Fuegofan Member+

Feb 17, 2001
    Chicago
    Fanaddict got the major points, but here are a few others.

I find it amusing that Bolaños said that Razov speaks Spanish very well. Razov is very shy about his Spanish. He played for Racing de Ferrol in Spain, but he's still rather halting. It's good Razov will now be forced to practice.

Surprised that he said that Armas only speaks a little Spanish.

Bolaños said that he was suprised that they work too hard here. After practice everybody goes to work out in the gym, or they keep kickin' around.

8. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. FireAddict

FireAddict Member

Nov 15, 2000
    Grayslake, IL
    Thursday morning ......

Thursday morning ... any info? My guess is next week.