Arsene Tells Fergie To Shut His Yap

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by TheSlipperyOne, Oct 19, 2004.

1. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  2. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    He tells Fergie to calm down.

3. NY via SE18

NY via SE18 New Member

Jan 28, 2004
    NYC
    . . . and also ridicules fergies point by saying maybe it would've been better if we got lined-up and shot. fergie can't touch Arsene these days.

4. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    :rolleyes:

5. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Perhaps Wenger should concentrate on telling Pires to shut up. It was Pires who dragged this whole incident up again. :rolleyes:

6. footballer10

footballer10 New Member

May 14, 2001
    Flower Mound, TX
    Sort of.......He talked about how it galvanized Arsenal and how he thought it gave Arsenal an edge over ManU. He said nothing about how Arsenal was wronged or how ManU got off easy from what I have read.

Linking the two is a big reach.

7. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
    Yeah. I clearly saw Pires pulling the strings and forcing his puppet SRN to say what he said. :rolleyes:

And if you think it was Pires who dragged this up again, then you're incredibly naive. It was going to be dragged up again by the media, even if all the players had engaged in an England-style media boycott about this game.

And if Pires's comments were even a bit inflammatory, then Red Nose gave it "that extra push over the cliff" and put it up to eleven. But hey, why should he show any restraint? He's just a 60-something-year-old Knight of the Realm (or whatever) and the manager of one of the most important clubs in the world, that's all. Geez, he shows as much maturity as the average BS poster.

8. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore
    Some BS members may even be offended by that comparison.

9. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I can't think of a better insult.

OK, that was funny. Can I use that sometime, if I promise, if I promise to use it on a non-Arsenal forum??

10. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    That may be the case, but it was the comments by Pires that dragged the incident up again this soon. Fergie might have stoked the flames, but Pires started the fire.

11. footballer10

footballer10 New Member

May 14, 2001
    Flower Mound, TX
    Started the Fire????? There is a big difference between talking about how the incident affected your team and ranting and raving that the other team got off to easy.

12. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
    Re: I can't think of a better insult.

Please, be my guest. I've got some candidates you can start with...

13. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Let's review: Pires said the incident helped Arsenal as it brought them closer together and showed ManU that they were not afraid to mix it up.

SAF said that it was "the worst thing he had ever seen in football". That comment is a warning that he has selective memory loss, since a full on fist fight broke out when he was in charge of ManU against Arsenal in '91. He was also in charge when Cantona kicked a fan in the chest, when Keane made his infamous tackle, and when ManU played "ring-around-the-referee". But some pushing and shoving last year topped all of that. Perhaps he should worry less about ranking the "Worst Football Moments of All-Time" and worry more about the fact that ManU couldn't score in a whorehouse with a fist full of fiftys.

But, yeah, it was all Pires' fault.

BTW, once this season has gone into the trash for Manu, what excuse are you going to use? I mean, Rio apparently is the greatest defender in the world since him being suspended cost ManU the title last year. Is this year going to be blamed on Rooney being new, Glazer trying to buy the team, or some theory involving the Pope, the CIA, and Kevin Keegan on the grassy knoll?

Here's to Manu and mid-table obscurity! It should be one hell of a dogfight for that UEFA Cup spot between you guys, sperzz and Everton. Good luck with all that.

14. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    That aint going to happen and is not even funny. We will see ho season ends. Cocky Bastards!

15. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't know about that. Most everything I've learned about cockiness has come from Man Utd supporters and Yankees fans.

16. babyduck85

babyduck85 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Malaysia
    well, i gotta say i definitely don't think pires said anything wrong... if man u fans were expecting him to say that "yeah, i think we deserve the punishment and, hey, maybe we should have got a bigger fine!" then that's just a little silly... but he didn't insult man u which i think is far more than SAF can say...

i know wenger used to go along with this sparring thing a while back, but i have to say i'm really proud of the way he's restraining himself these days... (possibly it's due to MU's current form..?) anyway, i think SAF said what he said b'coz since that game, arsenal have just been a different side.... and now there's nothing left for fergie to say...

17. Claus KJ

Claus KJ New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Aarhus, Denmark
    I'm afraid you're wrong. Anyday now he'll utter the words: "So that's how a P45 looks like these days."

KJ

18. Lanesra

Lanesra BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 13, 2003
    LONDON
    Why shouldn't we be cocky ? as Tina sang, "simply the best"

19. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    I apologise for my outburst to Coach and others Arsenal fans ( except phishy). I just thought it was a wind up . I am sorry and regards to cockiness. We won the treble :cool: . Here comes the replies now :rolleyes:

20. Detlef

Detlef Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and it's no coincidence that Manchester United and the New York Yankees have a marketing agreement. but I could be wrong ;)

21. footballer10

footballer10 New Member

May 14, 2001
    Flower Mound, TX
    Fergie shuts his yap.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=313754&cc=5901

22. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore
    www.lyricsdepot.com/bruce-springsteen/glory-days.html

23. FireTrucker

FireTrucker New Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Minnesota
    Coach you are my hero! When I grow up I hope I can be like you!

24. ZonaGunner

ZonaGunner Member

Aug 23, 2003
    Tempe, Arizona
    SAF has lost it, plain and simple. His team, despite being healthy, isn't playing well and he doesn't know what to do about it, so he tries to draw some of the attention away from that by making ludicrous statements about it being the worst thing ever, blah, blah, blah. How can anybody take him at all seriously anymore? He's developed a pattern over the last couple years (at least) of just being a bit loopy in what he says, from his conspiracy theory about being paired against Real Madrid to this, and other things.

25. texasoccer

texasoccer New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Regardless of who started the discussion of last year's nonsense, isn't the more important point that Fergie's attempts to play psychological mind games are growing as old and tired as he is?? That is, Arsene "tells Fergie to shut his yap" not because he shouldn't have dragged this particular incident up again, but because if it weren't this incident, it would be some other tired old pre-match ploy to get into the heads of the Gunners.