ArsenalAmerica 2006 Spring Roadtrip is...

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by idiparker, Dec 26, 2005.

1. idiparker

idiparker Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Hong Kong
    ...to be announced on January 11, 2006 on this site and ArsenalAmerica.com.

We have gotten the GO signal from Arsenal for our first SPRING roadtrip. Although we've taken over four official (and countless unofficial) trips over the years, this year we're trying for a second official roadtrip in the Spring, something we've never done before due to schedules and fixture congestion.

We are not trying to be jerks, it is just that we want to give everyone proper warning to check this site on January 11 to get the details and to sign up. Which means--don't e-mail me now. It will be ignored. We want to give everyone a chance to get over to Highbury and have a very limited number of tickets.

With that said, there are a few different rules for a Spring trip, and this, our last trip before they close Highbury.

* Premium members only.

* Preference given to those who haven't been to Highbury before, and then those who haven't been this year.

* Wives, friends, colleagues ARE NOT invited. This trip is for hardcore fans only (of course, if your wife is more hardcore than you, that's a different story). Seriously--we have a limited number of tickets and you taking someone who isn't really committed means someone who is really committed cannot go.

* Open only to US fans flying over for the game (sorry expats).

* Advanced deposits will be required to secure your spot (I'm tired of fronting £4,000 for two months while I wait for people to pay). And while I'm at it--if you buy from Rick--pay him immediately too.

Oh, and the most important rule--you must be FLEXIBLE in your schedule. There is a 50-50 chance that ANY game in the Spring can be moved due to fixture congestion. If you are the type that buys non-refundable tickets 6 weeks in advance, then you might be in for a shock (and we're sorry, but we need VERY flexible travelers). There is a very real chance you could eat your airline tickets and any other expenses--BE WARNED.

See you on January 11th...

2. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Any questions please post here and I will try and answer, but Dates will not be given - so don't ask.

3. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    How's your liver taking the news? :D

4. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    I was trying to think of a way of taking the mick, without sounding gay, but drew a blank.

Pretend I said something witty eh :D

5. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I haven't regularly read the ArseAmerica site (I'm trying to come here more though), what makes one a premium member?

6. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    $3.65 (that's the annual dues you need to pay...see the website for more info)

7. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    It's recovering, but took it badly at first. It's looking for a way of getting round this, but at least Romeo won't be coming again which means that it may have some chance.... :D

8. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    From the looks of yesterday, Romeo may have put the finishing touches on your liver already. :eek:

9. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Tell me about it. I got back to my place abround 4am this morning...... :eek: