Arsenal vs Villarreal REF WAS HORRIBLE

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by soybostero, Apr 19, 2006.

1. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Thats what Riquelme gets for never smiling.

Show some positive vibes you ********.

He should piss off.

2. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England

Oh per-leasse. Dont even try to justify their acting, it was rubbish and they got their just deserts. HAHA

3. Eertamai

Eertamai New Member

Mar 16, 2005
    London
    Yeah and you can't discount all those other times he's gone AWOL just because he's had one season of consistantly stepping up.

It does go to show that in a season when Henry has indeed been prominant in the big matches Arsenal have been able to get to the final. He's had a massive impact and if he peforms in the final they can definatley win the whole thing which is pretty amazing.

4. Eertamai

Eertamai New Member

Mar 16, 2005
    London
    Well done.

You mods on this site really contribute some insightfull posts. :rolleyes:

5. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City

He doesn't smile often. Big deal. He isn't paid to smile.

6. 0-Point

0-Point Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Quantum flux
    Arsenal's offense was panties...telemetry between them malfunctioned and put pressure on their defence I don't know how Villerreal didn't score must've been luck or chicken necks were slit that night! However, we can cut Arsenal some slack considering the good games they've played in the competition - I think there's a few haters who are chunddering at the moment and will feel a lot worse if Arsenal actually win the damn thing which is entirely within their remit.

I have a great respect for the Italian way and on occaisons like this it's ideal; maintaining possession of the ball without actually doing anything with it!

7. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    The fact that we haven't conceded a goal in 10 games in the CL is also relevant. That has little to do with Henry. This idea that he bottles big games against big sides is a little theory that morons like to bring up from time to time, normally in comparision with RvN or similar. Henry has a few bad games just like any player, sometimes against good sides, sometimes against poor sides.

8. Eertamai

Eertamai New Member

Mar 16, 2005
    London
    Henry does play some part in the defence though as his good performances inspire the whole team.

There could be two different mindsets. You can imagine the defence crapping their pants thinking they better not mess up because Henry' been anonoymous today, so one mistake and they're are done for; compared with Henry's on form lets rise up to the occassion, and not let him down. That's just how I'd go toward explaining what's happened this season.

He has in the past had the odd big game where he's performed but for a player of his immense abiltiy, it's not anywhere near enough times what you would expect.

9. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    I never said I liked how they acted. My post was in response to you justifying a 2 footed tackle from behind.

10. Sothis

Sothis Member

Liverpool
    England
    Mar 18, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    To be honest, I've never bought into this 'bottler' argument. Henry's goalscoring feats in Europe are hardly bad and he's scored quite a few goals against prominent sides. Someone on these boards posted a list last year about it.

The collective inability of Arsenal (until now) to perform well in Europe appears in the past to have been saddled on Henry's shoulders- which isn't fair and doesn't look at how the team played as a whole- even the best strikers in the world can't score goals if the ball doesn't get to them or if chances aren't created.

11. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    Where did I justify a 2 footed tackle from behind ? I was talking about players falling over and and acting as though they'd been shot. Henry remarked about in a interview. He'd look round and see a player writhing on the ground behind him, and say "what are you doing? we didn't even touch" If you think that the current Arsenal are a dirty team, or that they kicked seven shades out of Villareal than you're either blind or stupid.

12. impalemeplz

impalemeplz Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Sydney
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    the same could was said of van basten with the dutch team. sure he performed at euro 88 then what happened. what i am trying to say is it happens to the best of them.

13. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England

I think you'll find that for a large majority of games Henry has good performances. I think you'll find these good performances are evenly spread against good and bad opposition. You may find that these good performances against the good sides have resulted in less goals than against the bad sides, but that is to be expected, that is what makes the good sides good and the bads sides bad. You will also find that every other player in the whole flipping world has similarly good spells and bad spells, from the very best players to the sunday leaguers. As a Liverpool fan, I doubt very much you've seen Henry play as much as me, your evidence is pure conjecture and you're simply jumping on the 'Henry the choker' bandwagon which has always failed to bring up any evidence to prove it's little theory

14. textus

textus New Member

Apr 29, 2006
    I gotta say we see quite some bad refrees these days.. I remember Schalke -Levski. The english dude was a nightmare.. Overall though I don't think the refree was who killed the yellow sub.

I'm currently number 1 in this prediction, beat me Joe :) he he he
    [​IMG]