Arsenal vs. THFC (The North London Derby) Pre/dur/Post Match

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Catfish, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OrlandoSPUR

OrlandoSPUR **** the Nomads

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
  2. ZonaGunner

ZonaGunner Member

Aug 23, 2003
    Tempe, Arizona
    One thing I noticed watching the replay is that the booing about Spurs' unsportsmanlike play began well before Davids' cross to Keane, so anyone who says that the complaining is just because Spurs scored is disingenuous. The fact that Spurs scored via such unsportsmanlike just adds insult to injury. But the booing begins pretty much immediately after Carrick plays the ball.

Just goes to show that sportsmanship is gradually declining in sports and has been for awhile. Spurs are just one of the worst examples of this trend.

3. KevTheGooner

KevTheGooner Help that poor man!

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    You're right. Good call on that one. Guess we'll be getting ready for a replay, then?

Er, so there was a foul and an offside call that went against Southampton in 2004. That is related to Spurs lack of sportsmanship how??

You guys are pathetic. I'm man enough to admit that a draw was deserved...but none of you..not one has admitted that the goal was tainted.

4. ZonaGunner

ZonaGunner Member

Aug 23, 2003
    Tempe, Arizona
  5. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ...come on he is just pointing out that your players have performed in an unsporting way, and from reading those articles it shows that they played to the whistle.

The booing is coming from a partisan crowd. I'm sure it would have been the same at the Lane.

6. KevTheGooner

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    Not sure I agree with you FPF. With our holding midfielder down, one of our CBs down, and then the four white shirts that pour forward, some running right past Gilberto and Eboue...there's not much they could do. I've watched the replay several times now, and our back three do what they should. They hold their line and prepare to track and mark the most forward players. Its Tainio's run into the space in front of our defenders that seals the deal because he can easily pick out Davids.

The more I watch it the more classless it looks actually.

I totally agree with out about Jol though. Think he was winding Wenger up a bit?

7. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I don't think there is a Spurs fan who thinks there was anything unjust about it.

8. KevTheGooner

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    Since when does kicking the ball out have anything to do with playing to the whistle? Have you watched much footy?

Besides...the Pires dive at Pompey is the classic "Arsenal are unsporting" example. At least get it right.

9. KevTheGooner

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    The result was fair. The manner it was obtained was classless.

10. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ...so why didn't the Arsenal players mentioned in those two articles kick the ball out in two seperate incidents when an opponent was injured?

oh and shouldn't you be calling it soccer? Considering you're from the US.

...lets not get onto the subject of Bob Pires.

11. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ...yeah you're right Adebayor should have been called for a foul on Stalteri. :p

12. KevTheGooner

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    Please try harder.

13. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ...I was just taking the piss, lighten up. The argument is futile as the result is done, most if not all Spurs fans will think there is nothing wrong with the goal. And vice versa most if not all gooners will think the ball should have been kicked out.

"But then your beef should be with the official and not with the behaviour of our players?"

...should that not also be the case with Tottenham's goal, the fact that Bennett was standing right at the incident and let play go. He is the man in the middle he could have stopped for the injury.

14. KevTheGooner

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    sorry...i finally figured that out...the :p clued me in.

15. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ...anyways I've done my little stint over here, don't want to out stay my welcome and all that, cheers.

16. KevTheGooner

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    Good timing. This thing is at 515 posts. A mod will swoop in here and close it down any second.

17. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    You're talking about the Sheffield game from 99, the link I provided is from 2003. There was no replay in 2003, as it wasn't as bad as the shocking 1999 situation.

18. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure your right, but if Arsenal did the same thing against any team the Scum fans would be screaming about how unjust it was. You guys are crying about shit from years ago right now. I love how you guys deny that the play was unsportsmanlike, than defend it because Arsenal has had some unsportsmanlike play in the past. Which is it?