Arsenal vs. Spurs, League Cup quarterfinals, December 19th, 2:45 pm ET

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Golara, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Spurs return to a ground which has been a graveyard for us - we have only won 1 game away to Arsenal in league and cup in the last 25 years. Your guess is as good as mine as to what kind of teams the managers will field given the injury situation at both clubs. Jan Vertonghen, Eric Dier, Davinson Sánchez, Serge Aurier, Mousa Dembélé and Victor Wanyama are definitely out, but seeing as Son and Eriksen started on the bench on Saturday, I would imagine Poch will field a strong side in attack. Remember, if it is tied after 90 minutes, they go straight to penalties. Chelsea host Bournemouth in the other tie, with Manchester City and Burton Albion from League 1 already through to the semi-finals.

PS: Tranmere Rovers from League 2 won their replay against non-league Southport on Monday, so we are heading to the Wirral and Prenton Park for our 3rd round match in the FA Cup on Friday, January 4th at 2:55 ET.

2. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    gotta go to work.

COME ON YOU SPURS!

3. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Here are the teams!

Arsenal: Cech; Maitland-NIles, Sokratis, Xhaka, Monreal; Guendouzi, Torreira; Mkhitaryan, Ramsey, Iwobi; Aubameyang

Subs: Martinez, Koscielny. Lichtsteiner, Elneny, Willock, Lacazette, Nketiah

Spurs: Gazzaniga; Trippier, Alderweireld, Davies, Rose; Winks, Sissoko; Eriksen, Alli, Lucas; Son.

Subs: Vorm, Foyth, Walker-Peters, Skipp, Lamela, Llorente, Kane

Referee: J Moss

4. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    job done

goals by Sonny and Alli

another great assist from Kane

5. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and vs Chelsea in the semis

6. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    [​IMG]

What a legend.

Hope Walcott was watching.

7. mekarshalev

mekarshalev Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    ******** the scum, hell yeah!
    and now comes the chelscum...
    COYS!

8. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  9. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    #9 Golara, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    Dele was at his impish best, shredding the Woolwich defence and silencing the dumbfounded denizens of the New Library. It was also very kind of him to remind the Arsenal supporters of the scoreline in the 73rd minute (even though I was scared that that might backfire on us, given our history at the Emirates).

Ben Davies has slotted in comfortably at left CB and Danny Rose has played every minute of the last 3 matches, which is a great boost for us.

Gazzaniga remains our lucky charm in goal (even if he nearly self-destructed by taking an age to clear a back-pass in the 1st half), still undefeated as a Spurs man and the first Tottenham goalkeeper to keep a clean sheet at Arsenal in 20 years! I remember he couldn't stop a balloon in his Southampton days.

It looks like Emery's magic wand might be in need of repairs after he did us the favour of taking off Mkhitaryan and Iwobi, who were their most dangerous players, and bringing on Koscielny, who's never met an attacker he couldn't let in to score. It also sped up Poch's introduction of Kane, who set up Dele's impudent chip after just 66 seconds on the pitch, athough you have landed the space shuttle in the space the Arsenal defence left open.

On to the semis in January and Chelski.

COYS!

10. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    We've got AL-LI!
    DE-LE AL-LI!
    I just don't think you understand,
    He only cost five mil,
    He's better than Ozil,
    We've got Dele Alli!

11. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Two great goals, two great saves. Worth the price of ESPN+. even if I don't watch any other games this month.