Arsenal vs Manchester United Sunday January 31, 2010

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by ArsenalTexan3, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [​IMG]

Kick Off is at 1600(4:00pm) UK time 11/10 EST/CN.

The match will be shown on Sky Sports 1 in the UK and of FSC in the US. Also there are numberous online streaming.

Keep the faith.

KILL!!!

2. Papa Burgundy

Papa Burgundy Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Dirty Jerz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    3 points are necessary.

hopefully diaby is back in the team.

3. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Come on Boys, lets move on and win this one. Three points. COME ON ARSEENAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!

4. deaner1971

deaner1971 Member+

Aug 10, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2-1.

Goals from Arshvin and Gallas on both sides of half-time. Rooney gets a late goal and we survive a flurry of shots during injury time thanks to some mature defending from the CBs and a surprisingly good game from Almunia.

5. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Arsenal till I die. We kill 3-1 Cses with a MOTM performance, and Nasri with a goal. Bendtner kills it off.

6. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  7. FabregasTED

FabregasTED Member

Jan 2, 2007
    New Haven, CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hey, looks like we'll actually have an Englishman in the starting lineup!

8. greekgooner

greekgooner Member

May 25, 2009
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    I wish I had access to the stuff you guys are smoking, sounds killer.

Early goal would be great for us, otherwise its 1-1 or a close game either going 2-1, United or Arsenal.

United is coming off a good win, have Wes Brown coming back and has Nani finally emerging. Arsenal is coming off of a loss and a draw. We've scored 1 goal in 2 games. We've had problems in the midfield holding the ball again. We have our best CB injuried and our out of form injuried forward being replaced by a player coming off a 3 month injury.

Take off the rosy glasses guys, this one is going to be a tough one. I want this win as bad as anyone, but we aren't exactly going to just run over them. TBH, I'm not looking forward to this one. Hopefully Cesc has the game of his life.

9. pawn

pawn Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Waltham, MA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a bad feeling about this

10. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If people consider a draw with Villa good, a draw with Manutd will be even better,

11. greekgooner

greekgooner Member

May 25, 2009
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus

Because when I think goals, I think Gallas.;)

If you think for one second that gallas will be anywhere other than attached to Rooney's hip, you're wrong. With TV5 out, he'll be lucky to see anything other than Rooney's shadow.

Almunia has been playing well lately. That left hander during the villa game was the best stop he made all year and it definately prevented us going down 1-0.

12. railhawksfan

railhawksfan Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Bendy will score a goal and slap Rio's b-i-t-c-h a$$. Theo will finally get a goal as a sub. I am calling it a 2-1 for the Gunners.

13. deaner1971

deaner1971 Member+

Aug 10, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see coming in unmarked on a corner. All eyes will be on Sol and Bendy and Gallas will snatch one.

14. greekgooner

greekgooner Member

May 25, 2009
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus

Bendy is going to have to find Rio in the stands because he'll be banned for the next 4 games.

15. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    You forgot that Rio's out for 4 games. How is Nani "emerging"? lulz. I mean really

16. KozIsCul

KozIsCul Member+

Feb 6, 2005

As much as the Vermaelen injury sucks, we're getting other important players back. Especially Bendtner. I hope he scores, but more than that he allows everybody else to settle in their correct slots. United are a one-man team. We aren't. If we play well, we'll win.

And we have to. A draw isn't enough.

17. greekgooner

greekgooner Member

May 25, 2009
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus

whats the last United game you watched?

Its a dumb comment like this that makes me know for sure you haven't seen him play lately.

Why even comment if you aren't even going to bother to write something worthwhile?

Of all the points I made, you picked the one that is obvious to anyone watching him play the past weeks.

18. Grateful Gooner

Grateful Gooner New Member

May 3, 2001
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we may see a 4-5-1, with Song dropping back to provide extra coverage, and NB working very hard to hold the ball up.

19. FabregasTED

FabregasTED Member

Jan 2, 2007
    New Haven, CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We're at home. United is not nearly as good as they were last year. We should win the game. Simple as.

20. Flyemirates2491

Mar 8, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Anyone else enjoy the irony here?

We'll spank Utd. 3-1 to the good.

21. wanye_stirrear

wanye_stirrear Member+

Sep 19, 2002
    Maryland
    Have you been watching the same Gallas that I have? He loves to get forward and to leisurely go back to his real position.

22. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
    According to Arsene, no broken leg but TV may miss Sunday. I bet he plays. He's the maybe the first Arsenal player that I've seen since Adams who seems to be tough as nails.

2-1 to le arse, as our boys will be way keyed up to win this one.

23. Sgunner

Sgunner New Member

Jun 8, 2006
    Michigan,USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  24. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    home game.
    we are a different team at home, and we SHOULD of won that match at old trafford.
    they are without rio and vidic.
    hopefully they play the worst defensive fullback in england (da silva)
    van der sar will be in goal, and he can pull off some great saves (and his distribution is the best).
    rooney is in the form of his life just now, so that concerns me, but...

we are just better, period.

25. bnussdorf

bnussdorf New Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thank the stars for no break. But with Rio "The Elbow" out for the game, I think I'd take Sol over Wes Brown, who is oranger than John Boehner (sorry, watched state of the union last night and that guys must be hanging out with the crew from Jersey Shore).

See ya later Eduardo. Tough loss, but maybe it'll spur Arsene into getting a proper striker for the remainder.

[LINEUP-4-3-3]Arshavin, Bendtner, Nasri, Fabregas, Eboue, Song, Clichy, Gallas, Big Sol, Sagna, Almunia[/LINEUP-4-3-3]

Lineup assumes Diaby and TV on the bench, with Fabianski, Traore, Vela, Rosicky and Ramsey

Hope the graphic works for me.