Arsenal Vs Blackburn

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by ArsenalTexan3, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [​IMG]

The Arsenal vs Blackburn
    English Premier
    At Elwood Park
    Saturday Sept 17th.
    12:45 UK 7:45 EST/6:45am Central

Sky Sports 2
    Arsenal Player(audio only)

The only ones out are those injured.

KILL!

2. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    God I loved Jens Lehmann.

3. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I was thinking I loved the O2 logo. I mean, if you have to have advertising, few are as good as JVC or O2. It's hard to do better than bimbo, though.:p

4. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Predicting starting lineups?

5. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Dreamcast

6. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember this fixture about 4 years ago when Robbie Savage completely mugged Gilberto Silva in one particular play and the ref did absolutely nothing about it. Gilberto reacted and kicked out at Savage. Gilberto was sent off and everyone was thinking: oh god, here we go.

We then proceeded to play them completely off the park with 10 men and won easily.

Great match.

7. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Wow I remember that too.... Football can change a lot in such a short time. We're a completely different squad now (not putting us down).

8. ChitownGooner

ChitownGooner New Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got my new Blue away kit today, can't wait to wear it out to the pub this saturday for the match! Should be a good one, hopefully with a Gunner victory!

9. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I was at that game and afterward, the guy I came down to gave Rick B a lift back up to Scotland.

10. pawn

pawn Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Waltham, MA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but they will wear their home kit Sat

11. ChitownGooner

ChitownGooner New Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes but I'm dying to wear my new kit! I might just save it for another day and wear my home kit, I got the new 2011/2012 home kit also!

12. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was the season after our CL final loss.

The same season we finished 4th for the second year running. The same season we were knocked out of the CL by PSV.

Things weren't exactly peachy back then.

13. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    We havent really had any good seasons after that either.

14. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sure we have.

07/08 was our best squad since the invincibles. Better than the CL Final team.

15. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    Unless there were some injuries that I don't know about, I'd like to see:

--------RVP----------
    Gerv---Arteta---Arsh
    ---Frim----Song-----
    Gibbs-Kos-Per-Sagna
    -------Scez----------

Think this lineup would control from the beginning and set a tone our club can work with. Bring on Theo when Arshavin gasses out.

What I expect from AW:

Gerv---RVP----Theo
    Arsh---Song---Arteta
    Back 5 as above

16. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blackburn will probably be playing Salgado & Givet at the fullback spots. How do they not give up 4 goals a match?

We should toast these turds. Emphasis on should.

17. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Is Ramsey back in training or still injured? If he is back, i expect him to play.

18. Auerbach-Plexi

Jun 29, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yeah, Adebayor and V. Persie at the top, with Cesc, Hleb, Rosicky, Flamini, with Toure and Gallas the back.. I saw some really eye pleasing movmenets and passing

19. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hmm... but we've come close to winning something since then, haven't we?

The issue is Arsene's methods, nothing more IMO. I contend that the 2008 and 2011 Premier League's would have been ours, had he signed players with better mental strength. If last year's draws had been wins, we would have won it.

As for the Blackburn game, well we should win. I think we're getting more confident, and Blackburn must go down this season. Kean is a shit manager, and Blackburn has found its true level for a club of its stature. it would take another person like the late Jack Walker for them to be a good side again. Hopefully, we could even sign Samba in January, if their bad form continues and the writing is on the wall for them.

20. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
    This team is still coming together. Awkwardly, I must say.

I'm hoping for a somewhat comfortable 2-1 win, but would not be surprised at 2-2.

21. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it will be carried live on ESPN2 here in the states and streamed on ESPN3.

22. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    Not sure if he's back. Haven't heard. Even if he is, not sure what the boss will do. Honestly, he hasn't really impressed me thus far. Song and RVP are a given of the front six. That leaves 4 slots with Ramsey, Benni, Arteta, Gervinho, Theo and Arshavin all available. Nice to have options for once this season, we'll see what AW does.

23. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think of those 6 Ramsey, Arteta, Gervinho and Arshavin should be the starters. Theo needs to be our super sub, his speed on dead legs could be critical.

24. Dooglas

Dooglas Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    if hoilet and rochina start i suggest two dmids, we could get caught out against them if hoilet starts on the right. if he goes up against sagna ill be more comfortable.

unfortunately i didnt get to see the dortmund match, but im curious as to if arteta is better as the second guy next to song, or in the CAM spot? it seemed like he was cleaning up a lot of stuff back there, so thats where im expecting him to start.

good to have gerv back, but we are starting to see a weak link in theo a la arshavin. with the season in turmoil like this its hard to see theo getting displaced, but im really hoping to see park come in at 70 for this game and show us hes capable of producing and not cheaply losing posession.

for all his production, his weakness in holding the ball and picking a pass out of danger are putting the back under pressure more often than not. would love to be proved wrong though, just think hes going to be displaced by the more technical park.

i think their back four can be exposed if we are getting our players closer together on the build up and spread out on the counter. whipping in crosses against the likes of dann/samba wont get us anywhere.

they were pushing for a counter against fulham who werent anything special in the attack, the one thing fulham did that we may lack due to team cohesiveness is playing the pass early. both arteta and benayoun hold the ball a tad too long, and right now im putting it up to comfort levels. even if we had ramsey he has the same problem. i think our offensive onus will rest squarely with the front three, gervs will need to come up big for this.

1-0

25. Munchlaxatives

Aug 13, 2008
    Houston
    Will ESPN3 stream the game after airing? I don't remember if they do that for EPL games.